All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: Another question about the pill new
      #185028 - 06/09/05 08:17 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh god, I hope I don't have it then.

Poor her!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cramps and boobs new
      #185030 - 06/09/05 08:18 AM
Sara-Sage

Wow, go figure, huh?

No periods is what I've got! new
      #185036 - 06/09/05 08:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yes, it's the BEST.

~nelly~

Re: No periods is what I've got! new
      #185037 - 06/09/05 08:30 AM
Sara-Sage

Oh, I bet!!!

Re: Another question about the pill new
      #185092 - 06/09/05 09:36 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Tina,

I've been told by numerous docs (ob-gyns and regular GPs) that it is safe to take it back-to-back, although they differ on how long is ok. I've been told everything from 4 months to a year.

I know it seems strange to not get a period, but it seems to be a fairly commonplace thing now, it's a very common treatment for endometriosis, and a lot of women do it just for conveinance.

That being said, I don't think there have been any long-term studies on the effects of continually skipping your period...that does worry me sometimes. But, I can't stand the pain once a month and it's supposed to keep the endometriosis at bay, so the benefits outweight the risks for me

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who got the boobs new
      #185096 - 06/09/05 09:44 AM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

When I started the pill over 8 years ago, the only side effects I had were that I lost 5 pounds the first two months and by the fourth month I had gotten a lot larger set of breasts (from a C all the way up to a F/G). Not exactly the results I wanted but at least it took care of my cramping. Now the pill doesn't do anything for the cramps with my IBS, but at least my doctor lets me take the pill packs back to back for two months and then I have a period. Course I am hoping to switch to take the pill packs for 4 months straight and then the period, but we have to get the insurance company to agree. Who knows how long that will take, my last request took about 5 months to work through the system.

Michelle

This is what a doc told me in the UK... new
      #185097 - 06/09/05 09:50 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

When I asked about whether or not it was safe to piggyback birth control packets, this is what the doc told me...
He said that it IS safe to skip your period, but that you have to have at least 4 periods a year because otherwise you become a high risk for osteoperosis (sp??).. I had no idea it had ANYTHING to do with that, but that's what he said.
When I was piggybacking in the UK, it was really nice to only get a period every 2 months (that's how I did it), BUT my period cramps were way worse.. it's like they built up!

I'd be careful on Alesse because since it is low dose, sometimes your body just decides it's period time anyway. I remember I tried to piggyback Alesse once years ago because I didn't want to have my period which I was camping so I was only going to take one extra week (my doc then told me I couldn't take 2 whole packs in a row) to delay it for that week. Rather than not getting a period, I just got a light period for the week I took the extra pills AND for the following week.. it sucked.
If you do it with Alesse, I'd be extra extra sure to take it at the exact same time every day.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Ditto Vicam new
      #185155 - 06/09/05 11:12 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I haven't had a period since Aug 99. I'm 34 now, and since then my debilitating endo has dissappeared as a result. I'd never go back to having periods. I can't even remember what it was like to bleed every month. Ugh. Some people say it's comforting to get your period. I look at them like they're from MARS. Comforting?? Are we talking about the same thing??

Anyway, it's a personal choice if you decide you want to bleed every month. Just get all the info up front and make an informed decision!

~nelly~

Re: Glad to know I wasn't the only one who got the boobs new
      #185187 - 06/09/05 11:51 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Lol, yeah, I actually switched pills at one point that month my boobs got even bigger. Like, overnight, I swear. My bras didn't fit! Went away by the second month though. I asked my husband "Tim, are you seeing this?" and he was like "Aww, yeah!"
Oh well, I'm happy with my size now. I guess I could wear the tube tobs and such everyone wants to fit in but I'd NEVER wear them without a bra! I'm paranoid about being bouncy or having THO!

--------------------

Re: Ditto Vicam new
      #185308 - 06/09/05 10:13 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Wow Nelly, you've gone that long without having a period? Do you have any problems with it? I can't find a doctor willing to tell me it's ok to go longer than a year, even though I'd love to never have one again! Some docs have even told me it's bad to go that long because if you accidentally get pregnant you won't know as soon as you would otherwise, and then you'll pump the fetus full of BC hormones

Do you not find you get any breakthrough bleeding at all? I find after about 6 months my body starts fighting with me and trying to have a period, and that's when I give up and take a break from the pill.

Glad to hear it's working for you
Kelly

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11416

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review