All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Amy (doubletrouble)
      #171832 - 04/20/05 10:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I thought of soemthing after you posted about your girls not sleeping properly, but our darn internet connections been playing up

Anyway....a research study has been done where (temporary) symptoms identical to fibro were induced in healthy people by sytematically disrupting their STage 4 (restorative) sleep for a week.

It could be possible that ALOT of your health problems are at least partly due to your kids not letting you get enough good sleep.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've wondered about that too.... new
      #172025 - 04/20/05 08:09 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

They do occasionally let me sleep, but on those nights I usually have sleep problems. But I've wondered if them giving me such a long haul of broken sleep has anything to do with it. The aching started around the time they were little and my IBS is definately a LOT worse now. In fact it's the worst it's ever been, maybe something I should bring up with my doctor. Thanks for the tip.

--------------------
Amy

Hmmm.... new
      #172052 - 04/21/05 12:03 AM
Linz

...not sure what you could do about this tho! Short of drugging them or hiring a night nurse.

Maybe addressing their sleep issues should become more of a priority in your getting-better attempts. I know that after 2 nights of Archie being a little *&%$ and waking me up lots, I'm dead. I'm knackered, I ache all over, my tummy's grumbling, my head's hurting and full of fog...you get the picture!

It's also possible that you do have something like Fibro and it's just that they are your number one trigger. You gotta get that sleep.

Re: Hmmm.... new
      #172055 - 04/21/05 02:31 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Hi Linz,are you not able to sleep,I'm useally up on the
board just reading.my Arthritis is hurting real bad an my tummy hurts.but that is nothing new any more.
Gerry10
someday my day will come.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: [doubletrouble].. new
      #172056 - 04/21/05 02:42 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Amy,sorry you are haveing so much trouble,an that your IBS
is giveing you a lot of trouble,how many childen do you have?an I think I read your hubby is gone somewhere.hope an pray not for long.if you would like to e-mail me I would be very happy to answer.
Gerry10

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

It's mid-morning in the UK! - nt new
      #172060 - 04/21/05 02:48 AM
Linz

Hey there guys.... new
      #172063 - 04/21/05 03:14 AM
doubletrouble

Linz, no chance of sleep unfortunately. I don't know if the lack of sleep is actually what makes me ache or not. My family live a bit far away to take the girls over night and I probably wouldn't let them take them anyway, I'd hate to inflict such a lack of sleep on them
Otherwise, can't afford a night nurse and as much as I'd like to sedate them I just couldn't bring myself to do it (I know you were only kidding about that though).
Neta-thanks for offering to email me. I've popped your email addy in my address book and will email you soon. I have 3 kids. Kahlea my eldest is 5 1/2 and I have 2 1/2 year old twins, Isabelle and Jacinta (all girls). I'm having loads of fun trying to toilet train atm, they seem to think it's great to stuff an entire roll of loo paper down the loo then there's no possibility of flushing it, so I seem to spend half my life using the loo cleaning brush to dig it all out into a plastic bag, not to mention I'm contemplating buying share's in Sorbent!-lol.
Thanks again guys
Hope you are both well, Linz how's the job hunting going?
Neta I hope the arthritis gives you a break soon. Not a fun thing to have

--------------------
Amy

Hey Amy! new
      #172069 - 04/21/05 03:32 AM
Linz

Hopefully your GP can get you in to see a behaviour guy so you can sort out why the heck they don't sleep! We're considering finding one for Archie cos how on Earth do you teach a puppy to "hold on"? Our other dog used to be able to hold it all day...Archie can only do a few hours tops even at night!

Job-hunting is NOT going. I've been rejected for every thing I've applied for...definite over-qualification discrimination going on. I'm feeling a bit put off...especially as I'm so tired atm with the broken sleep. I'm doing some data entry type work from home this week for my Dad's company which is nice to have, even if it is soooooo tedious! So at least I've brought some money in this month. Si's going to be applying for a job on the Isle of Wight and I'd love it if he got it as house prices are so much more reasonable than round here so we could slash our overheads just by moving. Plus, I'm looking for such random jobs that I was wondering if I might have some luck there. Fingers crossed!

I'll have mine crossed for you too! new
      #172073 - 04/21/05 03:48 AM
doubletrouble

No advice on the puppy front. I could tell you all about cichlids, fighting fish, cats especially and turtles, birds even but I've never owned a dog (well DH brought one home once, he was gorgeous but a very energetic puppy who needed more attention than we could possibly give him at the time, then things went a bit wrong with DH and I and we ended up having to give him to another home where he could be looked after I cried for ages and still miss him 2 years later). I hope he starts to control his bladder soon though so you can get sleep! Job hunting is the worst. I have the opposite problem to you though (not that I'm job hunting atm, I could never earn as much as it would cost for the day care), I had my kids too young and therefore they can hire a 14 year old who can do the same things I can for a fraction of the wage.
Either way, discrimination is an awful thing. I'm sure something will turn up. Who knows, maybe it's a sign that Simon (I hope I got that right) will get the job and in 12 months you'll be on the boards telling us about the fantastic new job you have, your new house etc etc

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 425 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review