All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Whew, what a kerfuffel!
      #171652 - 04/19/05 08:39 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

So DH called last night. Turns out they're making him start the 6 weeks over again cause of his wrist! So he's thinking about doing another 3 weeks then coming home for a while till his wrist heals properly then going back for another 3. I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I mean YES I want him home ASAP but I don't want him to be leaving again shortly after he gets back!
We also have an opportunity to visit him on Anzac Day but I don't know if that's going to happen yet. Plus I'm a bit worried it might upset the kids to see him marching then be told, no we can't visit him, we have to go home now and leave him here. 2 year olds just wouldn't understand.
Whew, well that's about it. Thanks for listening as always

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Whew, what a kerfuffel! new
      #171682 - 04/20/05 03:19 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh, I don't know what to say DT, to see him would be lovely, but then the leaving would have to happen all over again..I still think I would like to see him though...while the kids are too young to understand, at least he will get to see them on Anzac day...hmm I am not sure what I would do in your shoes.

Hope you are doing ok, thinking of you,

--------------------
S.

#171690 - 04/20/05 04:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

wait- because he got hurt while there they are restarting his 6 weeks?? wtf??? *HUG* this won't be easy however he decides to go it.. and I think you're right not to take the kids if they won't even get a few minutes with him.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#171698 - 04/20/05 05:25 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Hugs to you and your girls!! Eric just left for a few DAYS and mine are a wreck! Luke cried "You don't NEED to leave me!!" Whew... I feel for ya. Hang in there!

Oh, and mine wouldnt' take too well to seeing Daddy from a distance but not being able to SEE/TOUCH him either, so I can understand that might not work.. maybe someone could watch the kids so YOU could go see him? Just a thought. Easier said than done, I know.

hugs to ya!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Got more info from him last night.... new
      #172026 - 04/20/05 08:14 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

We DO get to spend the day with him but I really think it will confuse the kids. It's a really long boring drive and he's going to do his 6 weeks in 2 blocks of 3 so he'll be home in another 2 1/2 weeks anyway and his new platoon has only been there for a week so none of their family will be there. He said he's honestly not bothered whether I go or not. I can't get anyone to mind the kids unfortunately, his parents are at their holiday house and mine are hours away visiting my little brother. So I'll probably leave it for now (although I'm likely to change my mind every 10 minutes between now and then )

--------------------
Amy

Re: Got more info from him last night.... new
      #172065 - 04/21/05 03:19 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

you poor baby.it is so hard to know what to do.when my husband was in the service he was gone all the time an I had four kids.he would go over sea's so we couldn't go with him.he was in the USMC.he would be gone for over a year at a time,so I know what you are going thru.

Gerry10

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1030 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 974

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review