All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ruchie I need a hug.
      #15022 - 07/26/03 02:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

As you may know, I am stuck in hospital with placenta previa (where the placenta is covering the cervix). Anyway, we made it to 32 weeks pregnant and we're relieved - babies tend to do very well after 32. I've been in hospital for a month and I'm starting to go nuts. I miss my son horribly (22 months), I'm battling the dietician over a suitable diet here (not that the food is really edible anyway), I can't sleep and I have another 4 or 5 weeks to go. The whole summer in hospital! AGGGH. I'm also on bedrest this week - so I haven't left my hospital room in all that time and I'm just having a really "down" day. I cried and cried after my son left (he visited today). I just needed to get out of my hospital room and sit on your living room couch. Thanks for listening all. Sorry it was all a pity fest but sometimes you just have to vent. Love Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Big hugs to you from everyone... new
      #15023 - 07/26/03 02:27 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

wish we could be there in person! Sounds like things are going well, even though you're struggling so to get there. I'm hoping for a long and glorious Indian summer for you, so after that baby is born full-term and absolutely perfect, you can go home and enjoy the sunshine and your family.

love,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I double what Heather said! new
      #15030 - 07/26/03 05:14 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Big hugs to you sweetie! After it's all over and you have your perfect baby in your arms, I'm sure you'll look back and think this time spent in the hospital was nothing.

Re: Ruchie I need a hug. new
      #15033 - 07/26/03 07:06 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Han,

I really feel for you. Especially the separation from your son. I can't even imagine what that must be like.

You are doing a wonderful, beautiful thing. Please find strength in our support - I'd give you a hug in person if I could.

Hang in there for that next month and I can't wait to congratulate you on what I know will be the safe arrival of your beautiful baby.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#15042 - 07/26/03 08:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

((((((((((((((((HUMONGOUS HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

I'm glad you got to see your son...but it must have been tortour to know you won't see him again for a while. I can't even imagine what you must be going through...but I give you all the credit in the world for doing everything right for your baby-to-be! He/she is VERY lucky to have you for a mommy!!!

Vent any time--that's why we're here!

We love you Han! Keep in touch whenever you feel like it...we miss you! And, let me at those folks at the hospital...just lemme at em'! I'll give them a piece of my mind!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thanks to all - I needed that! -nt- new
      #15063 - 07/27/03 08:07 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

--------------------

Re: I double what Heather said! new
      #15064 - 07/27/03 08:07 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Han, I'm thinking of you and feeling for you - the things we moms do for our babies!
Hope everything goes well for you, at least you've got the internet to keep you from going totally insane lol

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#15067 - 07/27/03 08:54 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Han,
Hang in there! I can't imagine being seperated from my boys. Will your doc allow you to go into labor at 36 weeks or will he/she try to get you to 40 weeks?
I spent six weeks on bedrest with my first pregnancy due to preterm labor. I understand your boredom!!! To help with my boredom I cross stictched. I now have three wall hangings for my three boys and one blanket I did only with first son. Never had time to cross stitch a blanket for the other two. I also took advantage of reading, since I knew my baby would take that time away from me.
Hang in there and keep yourself and your baby healthy.

Re: Han- you are on my mind. new
      #15072 - 07/27/03 01:56 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I had considered sending you an email counting down the weeks, but I got chickened. Just think all that time in this month is gone. You don't have to re-do that time on bedrest and you are half-way there. I hope that helped and didn't bum you out more. Keep your chin up. If your summer has been anything like it is here, it has been cool and rainy for July.

How often does Liam get to visit you. Are they strict about the time he can be there? Can you talk on the phone? I feel so horrible for you. You will be in my prayers.

Re: Han- you are on my mind. new
      #15095 - 07/27/03 04:37 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Thanks, T. Liam comes Sat and Sun and sometimes my parents bring him up wednesday for a quick visit. The pain in the butt thing is the SARS restrictions are STILL on in Ontario. They refuse to lift them despite the fact that it's over. They like the restricted visiting - only 2 per day and have to be pre signed in. That means if my parents bring Liam up, only ONE of them can see me! It's ridiculous. And since I'm on the postpartum ward, the "Daddy" is considered the one constant visitor, meaning you're only supposed to have one other visitor than that per day. STUPID. It's frustrating for long term patients. Most mommies are here for 1 to 4 days. I'm here for 9 weeks.
The hospitals like the restrictions because it's keeping theft and infection down so there's no chance they will lift the restrictions. Sorry to complain - it's just so frustrating and it makes it worse.
Thanks for the encouraging thoughts. I'm hanging in there as best as I can.
Love, Han.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 624 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12766

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review