All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Guess what!!!!
      #14721 - 07/23/03 08:30 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Well everybody - I did it! I went on my first trip since Eating for IBS and hypno and I had a blast! It was only to the shore and it was only a couple of days, but I did it - no probs! Baby steps! I won't bore everyone with all the details, but I just have to say I went on a rollercoaster (a real one - not the IBS rollercoaster ) for the first time in 4 years - what an awesome rush!

OK - enough of that. On to more important non-IBS things - I got engaged! I can't believe it! I'm getting married!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Guess what!!!! new
      #14723 - 07/23/03 08:39 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Congratulations Mags! That is wonderful news. I haven't been on the board long but feel as though I know all of you personally. When is the big day? Congrats also on a nice trip without IBS problems...what a great feeling. Thanks to Heather my trips have been much better as well.
Lisa

#14724 - 07/23/03 08:46 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Congratulations on both of your achievements!

#14726 - 07/23/03 08:55 PM
*Melissa*

Thanks! I'm thinking around Sept/Oct 2004. That's my favorite time of year.

What was really nice, even my fiance (that's the first I've gotten to use that! LOL) said on the way back he could tell how much more relaxed and non-IBSy I was. Yes, it is a great feeling!

Thank you! -nt- new
      #14727 - 07/23/03 08:56 PM
*Melissa*

Re:Congratulations... new
      #14738 - 07/23/03 10:00 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

... well Mags,

celebrations are definately the order of the day! I'm so happy for you. I wish you both every happiness.

Kerrie

BTW, when's the big day?

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#14740 - 07/23/03 10:50 PM
Josie

Reged: 03/28/03
Loc: Boston

Congrats! You at least have to tell us how he proposed to you! You must be so excited. I got married October 6th, 2001 and it was a perfect time of year! Not too hot (hated the idea of being in a huge fluffy dress and sweating )but it was still beautiful out. I am lucky to have grown up in Vermont and had my wedding there, so the fall colors added to the beauty. I wish you luck and have fun! That day was so amazing and so much fun, I wish I could do it again. Again, Congrats on everything!!

--------------------
Be not afraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -- Chinese proverb

#14746 - 07/24/03 12:58 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Congatulations Mags I'm so happy for you!!
It was my 9th anniversary yesterday and it gets better and better - I wish you every happiness in the future x

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Re:Congratulations... new
      #14749 - 07/24/03 05:15 AM
*Melissa*

Thanks!

We don't have an exact date yet, but we're planning on sometime around Sept/Oct 2004. I went and got The Complete Idiots Guide to Wedding Planning from the library last night. According to that, that gives us plently of planning time....so many decisions! I'm sure I'll be on here freaking out at some point.

#14750 - 07/24/03 05:27 AM
*Melissa*

We went out to dinner late the other night, around 9 or so. So, after that, we went out for a little, then we came back to our hotel and went for a walk on the beach and that's when he asked. Got down on one knee and everything!

Yes, I think that's the perfect time also! I love the beginning of fall! It's so refreshing after hot, humid summers. And how could you not love the colors of fall!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 318 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51432

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review