All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
How did YOUR husband propose?
      #140498 - 01/20/05 07:18 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

My husband and I were at a restaurant called "The Top of the I" in Waikiki, Hawaii. We parked at the military parking lot and took one of those horse drawn carriages to the hotel the restaurant was in. He gave the waiter my engagement ring when I wasn't looking and when they served dessert the dessert was my ring! The ring was around a pretty cloth napkin on a plate and I nearly passed out when I saw it.

That was over 19 years ago and we are still smiling!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oyyy. Mine was way un-romantic! new
      #140503 - 01/20/05 07:25 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

We were out for a friends birthday, half drunk at a nightclub. Admittedly being parents of a 5 month old this night was a big highlight for us. Jokingly I said to (now)DH "so when are you going to finally ask?" then turned around to talk to a friend when he laughed. The next minute he's in the middle of the nightclub down on one knee and asking! The guy that owned the place announced it over the loud speaker, we were made to have a dance and we got free drinks for the rest of the night.
Next morning I opened one eye and said "if you've woken up sober, feel free to not go ahead" and he just grinned and said "why would I want to do that".
But it was so spontaneous he didn't even have a ring!
Like I said, very unromantic but at least it was pretty original.

--------------------
Amy

Re: Oyyy. Mine was way un-romantic!- Me too! new
      #140506 - 01/20/05 07:28 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

We were lying in bed in my apartment having an argument about politics. He just sorta- asked. Then we went back to arguing. The next day we got rings out of a gumball machine at the supermarket. A year later I got a real engagement ring (and so did he). He's not one for the grand gesture.

I think all proposals are romantic even if they are somewhat unique...why be like everyone else? nt new
      #140513 - 01/20/05 07:36 PM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

This is a quick funny story new
      #140518 - 01/20/05 07:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

We went on a big paddle boat and had dinner. He proposed and I said yes and then ran to the closest bathroom!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: My Big Day new
      #140531 - 01/20/05 08:04 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Ill try to make this as short as possible......well it was just a normal morning - we both just woke up and were sitting around watching TV and he told me that I needed to go upstairs and get ready and be at the front door at 11:00am. So having NO idea why,I listened to him and went and got ready. Well at 11:00 our doorbell rang and when I opened it there was a limo sitting in front of our house. He (Bobby - my husband) told me to go get in so the driver let me in and I was expecting Bobby to be right behind me but he stayed at the house. So then I was REALLY confused but I just went along with it and we left. After driving for awhile we pulled up to the Hyatt at Lake Las Vegas - a very nice lakefront resort. So the driver let me out and there was a person waiting for me at the door who lead me down to their spa. When I walked in the door they said "You must be Stacey" and they handed me a dozen roses and a big gift bag of all their products. Then they gave me a massage, manicure and a pedicure. After that I got back in the limo and it took me home - when I walked in the door he had decorated the entire living room with TONS of candles and daisies (my favorite flower) EVERYWHERE! Then we sat down to a candle-lit dinner that he made himself (chicken and rice ) He also made a cake! Then after we finished eating he came in, got down on one knee and proposed to me with a BEAUTIFUL ring! He also had our song playing in the back ground! It was absolutely perfect and we've been married almost a year and a half now!

Wow Abby! new
      #140544 - 01/20/05 09:43 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

That is SO romantic and sweet that he put in so much effort into the proposal...I love the whole spa thing especially!!

--------------------
~Angela

Wowee. Wish my DH knew what I liked THAT much!!! - nt new
      #140557 - 01/21/05 02:14 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Very romantically, except it was freezing! new
      #140558 - 01/21/05 02:24 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It was a bit weird for us as we'd already decided to get engaged a few months before, but hadn't done it properly.

The day after my last finals exam, Si and I went on holiday to Cornwall (as I hate flying). But the night before, we all went out as exams were over and Si got very drunk and got very mean. So we had a major barney and then had to get up after a few hours sleep to drive to Cornwall (it was the Jubilee celebration weekend so we left real early). So that was a GREAT start to our holiday.

This probably only makes sense to Brits ... but never mind.

That night we had a really romantic dinner in the hotel restaurant with champagne etc...and I kinda knew what was coming! After the main course we went outside with our champagne to watch the sunset from the cliff-top. Si got down on one knee and propsed there...with the ring we'd had designed! But as it was England, it was FREEZING. So we ran inside again.

Re: How did YOUR husband propose? new
      #140581 - 01/21/05 06:21 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

My husband was housitting for his aunt. She has a gorgeous house with a jacuzzi. Well he called me at work to tell me to come by for dinner. When I got there he wouldn't let me in the kitchen. He made a great dinner and we sat in there very elegant dining room. He said he had made dessert. Cheesecake was what he said. He came back with a tray that was covered with a lid. He said to open it. Well I did and said where's the cheesecake? Not noticing the ring in the center of the plate surrounded by kiwi and strawberried. I looked back at him and he on one knee and said "Will you marry me?" I then realized duh what was in the tray. Of course I said yes and we have been married almost 7 years. We were 22 and 23 when we got married.

Later that night we spent some time in the jacuzzi with some champagne and well other fun.......

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10504

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review