All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)
Re: I WANNA BE A 40 POUND LOSER BY OCT 15TH HELP ME!! new
      #74419 - 05/28/04 09:05 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi, Shell!
Just wanted to say that I've been watching what I eat since February. So far, I've lost 28 pounds. I need to lose at least another 20 lbs. and that won't be a perfect me; but one that I can live with.

I have a hard time losing it and for me it's a slow process. But, I don't think about the time factor. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet.

I just eat better now. I only eat sweets once in a blue moon. I eat when I'm hungry and I don't go for seconds. That was the hardest part for me.

I also don't eat late at night. Now, this new way of eating is just becoming a way of life for me and I don't even think about it as a diet.

I weigh everyday, just to be sure I'm doing okay. I NEVER go hungry. I just can't handle that, so I don't allow it. I bet that since you're still a young thing, it'll go much easier for you. Just be patient, don't give up, and just stick with it; no matter what.
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#74421 - 05/28/04 09:07 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Good for you, Shell. Two pounds a week should be do-able. You have a palm pilot right? There's a great freeware or very low cost program that tracks both calories consumed and calories burned through exercise versus your goal. It helped me lose 15 pounds (from 140 to 125 so proportionately a lot!). It's called Diet and Exercise Assistant and it's made by Keyoe, Inc. Just google it.

YAY, SHELL!!!

LS:

Yes.... VERY do-able!! yes, I have a Palm...I'll look for it and see it that will work for me!! Can't wait... I'll look for it after dinner. Thanks for the tip!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#74423 - 05/28/04 09:08 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oooh... that's a good idea!!!

Re: You'll Do It, Shell, No Problem! AND Help From Michael new
      #74428 - 05/28/04 09:36 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Counting calories, eh? Well, how about cutting out all sugar? (That was Heather's suggestion to me since sugar is just empty calories. I couldn't do it. I'm a total failure.)

Try a mantra. I remember it worked for me 100 years ago when I wanted to get down to a size 6. When I was really hungry and reaching for the fridge door, I kept saying over and over again in my mind, "....for the joy of a slender figure..... for the joy of a slender figure ...... for the joy of a slender figure ......" I know, it sounds stupid -- but it worked for me -- back THEN.

How supportive is Shane? He works out regularly -- an hour at the gym is good stuff -- and you guys go together, right? What all can you do at the gym? What equipment do they have there? Can you run, Shell? When I used to run, I had no problem keeping the weight down. Do they have treadmills at your gym? What about Winsor pilates? Do you have the tape? You can get a helluva workout on the floor with pilates! Oh yeah.

Girlfriend, this is a very important event to you. You want to look back on it for a very long time afterward, and you want to do so with fond memories of feeling really great about yourself. If that includes losing weight -- and it apparently does -- then you'll do what it takes to get there. Your post about that horrible stabbing you went through and how you fought off your attacker showed me just what you're made of.

You can do this, oh yeah -- I have no doubt whatsoever!

You GO, Girl!

Bevvy

P.S.: Michael can help you out here as well. Here's what he told me:

Quote:

When I see people in my practice who want to lose weight, the first thing they have to do is cut away the importance of the weight. The more important we make it the more difficult we make it to lose weight. The next thing is to decide how you gained the extra weight -- is it through lack of exercise, overeating, particular foods, out of boredom, loneliness, tiredness, whatever? Then to change our thoughts. If you have listened to "Reflections on Life," remember the equations of life, one of them being, "If you say yes to one thing, you say no to something else." If you say yes to unnecessary food or beverage, you are saying no to yourself, no to feeling fitter and happier, no to being more active and more confident. But when you say no to unnecessary, unneeded food, you say yes to yourself, yes to better health, yes to being more comfortable in both your body and in your clothes, yes to being more active too. But also remember, food is the life force; if you don't eat enough food, you will become ill. So keep this equation in your thoughts; it might help you more than you initially think.

Hope this helps, Sugar. (Oops, sorry; bad word, BAD!)

Oh Bevrs....always a wealth of info!!

That bad word "sugar" is hard to cut out for me... however.... the only sugar I had today was in my tea.... I'm not sure about honey calories.... that might be a sub...I'll check it out.

Shane is VERY supportive!! We are doing this together... we started going to the gym 6 days a week and doing an hour cardio 2 weeks ago. He has lost about 7 pounds and is REALLY watching his food (counting calories like crazy)!

They gym has EVERYTHING!! Right now I'm just doing the kind of a ski machine. I'm focusing on just cardio for now.
I'm a BIG GIRL.... and much more then that will really do me in.

--------------------

#74429 - 05/28/04 09:41 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Shell, have you ever heard of Denise Austin? She is a fitness guru and has lots of tapes out. Her website is www.deniseaustin.com I think you'll find lots of encouragement and ideas there. There are women on there who have lost weight following her plans. It's obvious that the "before" and "after" models are truly the same person.

Another suggestion are "walk fit" tapes. I think Denise has an indoor walking tape, but you are more likely to find a few by Leslie Sandsone. She talks a lot but her tapes are very effective. Along with diet, you only need 30 minutes a day of exercise. Don't give yourself a heart or intestinal attack by working out to hard.

Best of luck, I know you can do it!! It's so worth it!! Don't look at it like punishment, but a road to the healthier life! Bless you.

Andrea

Andrea:
Hey.... that is kinda cool.... I'm gonna check out Deskercise

I love this part from your post....... "Don't look at it like punishment, but a road to the healthier life!"

Thanks for your help & encouragement!

--------------------

Re: I WANNA BE A 40 POUND LOSER BY OCT 15TH HELP ME!! *DELETED* new
      #74430 - 05/28/04 09:43 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#74431 - 05/28/04 09:47 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi, Shell!
Just wanted to say that I've been watching what I eat since February. So far, I've lost 28 pounds. I need to lose at least another 20 lbs. and that won't be a perfect me; but one that I can live with.

I have a hard time losing it and for me it's a slow process. But, I don't think about the time factor. I don't even feel like I'm on a diet.

I just eat better now. I only eat sweets once in a blue moon. I eat when I'm hungry and I don't go for seconds. That was the hardest part for me.

I also don't eat late at night. Now, this new way of eating is just becoming a way of life for me and I don't even think about it as a diet.

I weigh everyday, just to be sure I'm doing okay. I NEVER go hungry. I just can't handle that, so I don't allow it. I bet that since you're still a young thing, it'll go much easier for you. Just be patient, don't give up, and just stick with it; no matter what.
Terri

Terri:
1st off...congrats on YOUR losse of 28 pounds... that is GREAT!!

Thanks for your advice.... is it great! Shane thinks so too! I'm just changing the way I eat & "LIVE"

Best of luck to you too!

--------------------

#74432 - 05/28/04 09:55 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi,

I used my Healthrider about 30-45 minutes every day and I went from 141 to 119 pounds in about three months. I just kept losing. I have gained back five pounds because I tried to gain. On the week-end I would walk 1-2 miles Saturday and Sunday when the weather was nice. I gave up all my junk food because I would sit at the computer and eat all evening. It is easier to lose the weight now because there are so many foods that I can't eat. There will be many times you will not feel like exercising after working all day but you have to keep working at it and then you look forward to working out. I quit using the Healthrider when I got down to 119 because I didn't want to lose any more weight. Put on your favorite music when you exercise. I know you can do it. Good Luck
Shelby

Shelby:
My best friends name is Jr High was Shelby..... gee I miss her!

Anyway... congrats to you too!!

I'm aiming for at least 4 days a week to the gym.....and Sunday off....unless we go for a drive somewhere I will get out and walk. I'll start with 20 mins and then go up in 5 min incriminates from there..... I don't want to over do it in the beginning....

So true about the music.... I have an MP3 player and I just bought 2 of Madonna's old CD's to put on them.... I used to work out to her all the time back in the day!

--------------------

Speaking of cardio......... new
      #74436 - 05/28/04 11:08 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

have you heard of cardio strip tease? You could be practicing up for Vegas and loosing weight and driving Shane wild all at the same time. I thought the video would be fun to get............I'll have to look into it again and see what's out there. I know one guy that produced one is the same that teaches the stars to dance seductively for their music videos.

And don't compare your weight loss with Shanes. Men loose 50% faster than women do. It's the pits I know, but true.

Kandee
(Ok, over to the LV board now.)

--------------------

LS question about Diet and Exercise Assistant new
      #74438 - 05/28/04 11:20 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Good for you, Shell. Two pounds a week should be do-able. You have a palm pilot right? There's a great freeware or very low cost program that tracks both calories consumed and calories burned through exercise versus your goal. It helped me lose 15 pounds (from 140 to 125 so proportionately a lot!). It's called Diet and Exercise Assistant and it's made by Keyoe, Inc. Just google it.

YAY, SHELL!!!

LS:

Yes.... VERY do-able!! yes, I have a Palm...I'll look for it and see it that will work for me!! Can't wait... I'll look for it after dinner. Thanks for the tip!!

Ok...I downloaded the trial.... I WANT THE FULL VERSION...this one is too limited!! LOL In the full one..were you able to manually add foods that were not listed? If so, this is WAY COOL!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 309441

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review