All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Traveling with IBS-D
      #364975 - 06/02/11 01:08 PM
nansau

Reged: 09/27/06

I have a job that involves travel and with my IBS-D I have such anxiety about using public restrooms, airplane bathrooms etc because of odor etc. It's just embarrassing. Are there any products out there for those of us with public bathroom phobias? Does anyone have a "go to" kit that they travel with that hekps?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Traveling with IBS-D new
      #365018 - 06/05/11 01:53 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi nansau and welcome -

A few things may be helpful to you:

In public/airplane bathrooms regarding odors - there is a very small bottle of drops available (grocery store in TP aisle, or online) that you put a drop or two into the potty "first" and this keeps odors down - you can also use frangrance oil drops and it works much the same way - Lysol linen spray works great at home for this too...

For the anxiety, I highly recommend the IBS Audio Program 100 of gut-specific clinical hypnotherapy - this will break that brain-gut connection so prevalent in IBS - and is very helpful when traveling and such phobias, anxiety, stress as related to IBS.

Feel free to ask any questions about it - always happy to help.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3534

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review