All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight gain
      #357146 - 03/29/10 06:14 PM
bscott

Reged: 03/28/10
Loc: Michigan

Well to start off this is my first post on this site. I am a 35 year old man who has had "stomach issues" for as long as I can remember. I have really started to notice a change for the worse over the past year. I experience what I am sure many do. Dread taking vacations with the family, social events and so on in fear that I will have those "stomach issues." Anyway over the past year I have lost nearly 10 pounds. I believe most of this is because I will have the "stomach issues" and then I will be afraid to eat for awhile. The biggest loss was back in January when I came down with the stomach flue. I lost 6 pounds in 3 days. I am having trouble gaining weight back. I am 6'2" and in my opinion too thin. I would love to gain the 10 pounds back. I was shocked when I found that high protein foods such as red meat was one of the biggest trigger foods for IBS. These are some of the foods they say to eat to gain weight. My question is what are the best "safe" foods for weight gain. Thank you for any replies.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight gain new
      #357154 - 03/30/10 11:02 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I can not tell you what is the best safe food for weight gain ... I'd like to lose some pounds, but it has to be on this site some where. Have you tried a search for it?

Try posting this question on the IBS diet board. There is more traffic across that board.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#357188 - 03/31/10 03:10 PM
jewelsUK

Reged: 03/31/10

I have found that sourdough bread, white rice....all the starchy foods that don't have wheat or gluten feel very soothing...unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you...they can cause weight gain because they are so high in carbohydrates. Everyone is different, but I can tell you I have gained weight eating those things and have not had any IBS flare ups from them~ good luck~

#361886 - 11/04/10 01:20 PM
Tasra

Reged: 11/04/10

For bulking up, bodybuilders usually use whey protein and mix it in shakes and smoothies. I always thought though that carbs can help in gaining weight. Like another poster posted, any starchy foods like rice and breads and pastas will work.

--------------------
Tasra, Health Insurance Advisor

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review