All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
School with ibs.
      #349613 - 08/31/09 05:07 PM
destiney44

Reged: 08/15/09

Hello, My name is Destiney. I've been living with irritable bowel syndrome for about 3 years. I haven't yet found a way to keep it under control, so I've been doing home school. I went to orientation this year for my first year of high school but i got so nervous on the way to my school that as soon as i got there i had to use the restroom. I need help with anxiety. I just want to be normal and make friends and go to school. But now i have stress, anxiety and gas, bloating all of the symptoms of irritible bowel syndrome. I really want to go back to school this winter. I'm asking for help to control irritable bowel syndrome, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,
Destiney.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: School with ibs. new
      #349645 - 09/01/09 07:31 PM

Unregistered

high school was a nightmare with my ibs..home school u can be around your safe food all day and use the bathroom as soon as u need2..drink your fennel tea all day..its a good setup..I know what its like to be secluded all the time and not get out..but my stress levels are better and I am more relaxed knowing im in control at my house.

#349683 - 09/03/09 01:41 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi

First of all i think you should try Heather Diet's and start using a soluble fiber supplement (if you don't use the one sold here I would suggest benefiber). It's really helped my IBS D. Getting control of your symptoms will really reduce your anxiety. Also try the hypnotherapy CDS for helping with stress.

I was also think that instead on concentrating on a big issue like returning to school you could try breaking it up into much smaller steps. Like getting out of the house for five minutes and keep increasing the time. Then move on to traveling on the bus and so on. You can use immodoium to help you through this.

Hope this helps

--------------------
Stable IBS D

for glascowgirl new
      #349686 - 09/03/09 03:31 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I tried the Acacia and I couldn't use it. I took only 1/4 of a teaspoon and very gradually increased and it gave me terrible gas. I gave it a two month trial period, and enough was enough. I was more miserable on it with IBS, than off it. Now, I am stuck with a container of this stuff.

I have read on here that sometimes it is a matter of finding the right SF supplement. Do you think I should give Benefiber a try? I have read on here, where many people have problems with Acacia, but love Benefiber. It would be easier too, since I could just pick it up at the store, rather then this ordering process.

Re: for glascowgirl new
      #349688 - 09/03/09 04:29 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

You could definitely give the benefiber a whirl. I tried it when I ran out of the acacia and it didn't give me problems. However it is gritter than than the acacia and call me a tree hugging hippy but the the acacia being organic appeals to me.
Obviously you'll still have to build up slowly with the benefiber.

On the other fiber supplement choices give a miss to anything containing psyllium or inulin. Also the sugar free varities contain sweeteners which can cause IBS symptoms as can the flavored varieties.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Re: for glascowgirl new
      #349695 - 09/04/09 08:10 AM

Unregistered

hey Fibercon is really good..what do you think? I heard something in benefiber may cause problems for some?

#351372 - 10/30/09 08:33 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

Aperson, what do you do for a living? Do you work from home?

#351378 - 10/30/09 11:49 AM

Unregistered

no I work 5-11pm 5 days a week at mcdonald's. I'm a loner and I stay home all day until I go to work,except I hang out with my boyfriend on my days off work.

#351386 - 10/30/09 06:46 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

How do you handle the IBS in that enviroment? Do they work with you or even know about your IBS? I would imagine it is a very high stress working enviroment. My work knows about my IBS but they do not understand it. Sometimes I feel like they think I am making it up and just sort of roll their eyes. Well one person did once and it made me feel awful. I guess if I actually passed out they would maybe see it as something to be worried about. I hope that doesn't happen.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#351393 - 10/31/09 08:18 AM

Unregistered

the only person that knows about my ibs is my boyfriend who works there too. It is a busy job you work hard on your feet,its better than never getting any exercise. I sometimes sweat pretty good there.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 283 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16374

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review