Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN -- Valerie
      #330636 - 06/05/08 08:11 AM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

6/2/08 - Monday
Breakfast:
1/2 cinnamon raisin bagel w/cream cheese, iced tea (last me until lunch time)
Snack: Applesauce
Lunch: more applesauce
Dinner 6:30pm: white rice w/chicken broth & garlic salt.

Felt bloated and gassy most of day. Painful cramps.
Sticky BM, nausea, panicy afterwards around 3pm.
4pm: GI doc appt.

6/3/08 - Tuesday
Breakfast: dry Honey Combs, Iced Tea
Snack: Applesauce
Lunch: grilled chicken & mushrooms with tiny tiny bit of honey BBQ sauce not cooked on chicken just touched my chicken with it as I ate, water
Snack: dry Honey Combs
Dinner: 2 slices sourdough bread, watery gatorade

Walked 1 mile today.

Fatigued. Painful cramps. Nausea with dry heaves. Before bed explosive BM. Had to use heating pad at bedtime.

6/4/08 - Wednesday
Breakfast: 2 slice sourdough bread dry, iced tea
Snack: Rold Gold Pretzels
Lunch: white rice w/chicken broth & grilled chicken, didn't finish eating it because I had IBS attack 10 minutes after started eating. IBS: dier rush to bathroom, only flatuence and food sitting at top of my stomach then coming back up into my throat. Sipped water.
3pm IBS: dier rush to bathroom, this time had chunky and mushy D. Energy completely drained out of me. Pain in Upper Right Quadrant. Went back to my desk and put heating pad on tummy. Totally aggravated and hopeless.

Dinner: 2 slices sour dough bread, watery gatorade.

oh what a miserable day.

Edited by Valerie A. (06/05/08 06:08 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN -- Valerie new
      #330661 - 06/05/08 04:45 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Maybe you should cut out the tea.
I cramp and run to bathroom after all herbal teas.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: REPORTING IN -- Valerie new
      #330671 - 06/05/08 06:13 PM
Valerie A.

6/5/08 - Thursday
Initial morning feeling really good. Expecting today to be a really good day.
Breakfast: Iced Tea, dry Honey Combs
Already feeling acid reflux into esophagus and nausea.

Snack: pretzels

Lunch: Italian Ice cup (I was surprised it did not contain HFC)
I think the coldness caused some sharp twinges in tummy.

Dinner: roasted white potatoes, water

IBS attack: driving on way to church tonight and had to turn around head back home, barely made it to bathroom... doubled over painful D. completely wiped my energy out of me.

Thoughts
I don't care for hot drinks, so I drink fresh brewed lipton iced tea. I don't get it, how teas can be a GI irritant. I guess anything can be really. It's just a mystery. The tea does have caffeine. That could be it also??? I'm very tired and frustrated tonight.

Irritating note: Oldest sister called me today, I told her I was about to call her yesterday on my way home from work because I was having a really bad day with attacks, and wanted to vent. She said she would have made me forget about all my troubles, by her complaining about her own. I told her, yeah I know.. that's why I didn't call.

Re: Irritating note: new
      #330699 - 06/06/08 12:20 PM
dragonfly

Funny.Sisters.

Hope you feel better soon.
I can't drink lipton tea either.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN -- Val- Friday 6/6 new
      #330715 - 06/06/08 06:41 PM
Valerie A.

dragonfly -- thanks for keeping up with me here. your feedback is very encouraging. You're the best!!

6/6/08 - Friday
Breakfast: bagel with small amount of cream cheese, iced tea
Lunch: small pasta shells w/italian dressing of some kind, 2 olives, small piece of bbq ribs, glass of bottled lipton sweet tea.
-- within 15 minutes after eating lunch, I was cramping up and some flatuence.

Dinner: water, roasted white potatoes.

Thoughts:
Had work picnic today. Was so anxious about going, because I knew there would be virtually no IBS safe foods. Seen the pasta shells, and had that as a good base of my meal. Ate that first. Considering I went off the BTC diet today, I didn't do too bad with attacks. I left early from picnic, and kept busy cleaning windows and doing laundry at home.
I keep thinking about what to do for exercise and how to incorporate exercise into my daily routine. I don't really have a routine, maybe I need to make one a priority.

OH I have this blistery rash on my chest. Probably from sunburn I got earlier in week. It's itching and driving me crazyyyyy.. I'm also wondering if my body is maybe getting rid of some toxins??

Re: REPORTING IN -- Val- Friday 6/6 new
      #330821 - 06/09/08 06:09 AM
dragonfly

hey Val!
breakfast sounds yummy!!
Do you have any dairy problems?Cream cheese isn't so good for d. I can tolerate a bit of icecream or milk if I have a HUGE meal of pasta or bread or potato.I love cream cheese but I'm afraid to try it right now.
For lunch: the BBq sauce might have had a trigger for you. I can't eat any bottled BBQ sauce.Major d!!!

I think you should cut out the tea for a few days.Try drinking distilled water. If you drink bottled water try to get reverse osmosis or distilled. We bought a distiller for our well and I won't drink anything else.
Do you make your own iced tea?And if you do , do you use tap water? City water is bad on your stomach because of the chemicals they use to purify it.
Treated water kills the bacteria but the nasty little bodies are left for you to drink up. Gross huh. If you have any parasites in your body(which I'm told we all do) they feed off their dead friends and produce problems for their hosts(us).Distilled water doesn't contain any dead bodies or harmful solids.Yay!

So...I always carry a bag of pretzels with me so if I am going to eat something questionable, I have a base in my tummy.
They say exercise helps to relieve cramping but man all I want to do is curl up and DIE when I have an attack.

Sunburns must be the hot trend this week.Both my boys are burnt and can't lift their arms. Guess mom knows what she's talking about when she says put on a SHIRT!lol

Hope you are feeling better soon.

--------------------

distilled water and triggers new
      #330930 - 06/11/08 07:27 AM
Valerie A.

This is what's all confusing/overwhelming to me. At home and at work I drink bottled water, Poland Spring & Crystal Rock brands. I cook with regular tap water that comes from town (used to be well water).
The inconsistancy of the IBS attacks is what throws me off. I'm never quite sure what could be triggering them. I'm afraid to just eat SF foods for more than 7 days, but I think I'll need to do some type of complete Elimination diet in order to figure out my true triggers.

Would only eating from Heather's SF food list be okay for 6 weeks? Would that list be a good elimination diet?
Then to add in exercise... oh boy

Re: distilled water and triggers new
      #330948 - 06/11/08 10:30 AM
dragonfly

Your bottled water is not distilled.

When water is treated, it kills the bacteria but the dead bodies are still there.same as bottled water.Tap water is bad on your stomach.They put chemicals in it that are not friendly.

Look for actual distilled water.We have a distiller but I recommend you try bottled distilled first.A distiller is expensive but we live in the country near pig and chicken farms so thats all we drink or cook with.
You need to boil water at a roiling boil for at least 15 minutes to kill any germs but even then you are concentrating the amount of dead bacteria in your water.

You wouldn't believe the differance in the color of tea when you use distilled water vs tap. That was gross and we bought a distiller immediately!!

Try this for a while.I know if I am out and by bottled water it makes me feel crappy.

Bottled water is the biggest scam going!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN -- Valerie -- 6/24 new
      #331494 - 06/24/08 09:59 AM
Valerie A.

Saturday 6/21
Can't remember exact times during the day: Pretzels, french bread, and watery gatorade.
Dinner 6:30pm
Appeasing my sister, I ate dinner at her house. Nothing we ate was IBS safe whatsoever. Steak, mashed potatoes (with 2 % Milk), whole kernel corn, caffeine free pepsi.
Within 15 minutes after eating, I spent about 10 minutes in her bathroom. Gagging, D with lots of blood, bent over in pain, nausea, and complete exhaustion. After that attack, I collapsed in her chair for a good 1/2 hour, before driving the 45 mins home.

Sunday 6/22
Nibbled on pretzels and sipped water all day. Still feeling nausea from day before. Took a couple of naps.

Monday 6/23
Called in sick to work. Morning started off with headache and abdominal pain. Nibbled on pretzels, water, and watery gatorade. Dinner: boiled sweet potatoes and spinach pasta, broiled shrimp in little olive oil. Water.

3 BM's: all D like, mushy, no blood
Exercise: 20 minutes Leslie Sansone pilates

Tuesday 6/24
Breakfast: instant reg oatmeal w/acacia and tsp brown sugar made with water
Snack: pretzels, ginger ale

So far: abdominal pain, depressed, headache, about 25 minutes of casual walking, exhausted

Re: REPORTING IN -- Valerie -- 6/24 new
      #331527 - 06/24/08 02:37 PM
dragonfly

Hmmmm.. dinner at your sis' sounds yummy...too bad it turned into a disASSter..

It sure takes alot out of ya when eating off the ibs plan huh.

I've been there and just in the past week have been feeling better. I went to town yesterday and spent 2 hours of running around doing my shopping and never felt the panic of an unscheduled bm coming on!!

anyway....have you noticed any patterns in your diet?Might take a few days to recover from dinner on Saturday though.Hope it tasted good!

I've been trying to eat the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch and it seems to be working out. Supper is very plain and only snack on pretzels after supper and at least 2 hours before bed.
So far so good.
Good luck can't wait to see how you make out this week
Hope you feel better soon.
Oh I see you aren't drinking icetea.Is that making a difference?And how about your water?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review