All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! I can't stop eating!
      #327923 - 04/07/08 12:48 PM
kristi123

Reged: 10/13/07

I am trying so hard to cut back on the amount of food I eat in order to lose some weight. I have tried so many times but can't seem to do it, it's not that I'm hungry but it's like I feel like I have to eat all the time and in pretty big portions(which causes problems sometimes). I'll go through a whole package of grahm crackers by myself and have cereal and snacks right after dinner. I don't know what to do but I need to stop...typing this right now is the only thing that is keeping me away from food. Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything would help!

--------------------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! I can't stop eating! new
      #327931 - 04/07/08 02:45 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

How tall are you? At 125, that sounds like a healthy weight. Depending on your height, anything lower might not be healthy. Could be why you are so hungry if you are restricting calories too much for your height.

#327932 - 04/07/08 02:57 PM
kristi123

Honestly i'm afraid if I say you might think I'm crazy, but the reason I want to lose is weight is because I used to be 115lbs and want to be there again...I'm 5' 5.5"

--------------------
IBS-D

#327992 - 04/08/08 01:56 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I don't think you're crazy, but I wonder what happens when you're 115 lbs? I'm not trying to sound snarky, but what does 115 mean to you? Why do you have that goal?

I'm 5'6", about 122-125 pounds and I feel pretty good at this weight. I've been 115, still felt good, but I was noticeably thinner and that got a lot of "positive" comments (being called skinny isn't necessarily positive or a compliment). I've noticed that now I don't get a lot of those type of remarks, but I don't really care because what does that mean anyway? Three years ago I was 104 and I felt like I was dying, withering away to nothing, had no energy, felt and looked sick and fragile -- yet people (mostly women I worked with) said they wished they were as skinny as me, wished the scale gave them a number less than 120. Did they also wish to have lupus and a bowel disorder? Did they also want to be in pain and having diarrhea 8 - 10 times a day?

Right now I feel good, alive, and healthy -- and beautiful -- and that means more to me than what the scale says. Anyway, I can understand following numbers on a scale for health reasons -- as a symptom, for example, of lupus activity; but I don't know what else that number really means or even matters.

Brava, Maria. -nt- new
      #327997 - 04/08/08 04:13 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#328026 - 04/09/08 12:37 PM
kristi123

I just do not look the same as I did several months ago, and I want to be there again. When I was 115 or even 110 I definetly loked thinner and was very happy with my appearance. Maybe I'm just obssessing. I am a dancer, (not like a stripper..haha) ballet, tap, jazz that kind of stuff and I am always staring at myself in a mirror.

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3774

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review