All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Saturday, March 8, 2008 ~ D? new
      #326300 - 03/08/08 10:18 AM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Got up 9:25 am.

Breakfast (10:00 am): scrambled Egg Beaters with salt, pepper, and chives. 2 slices toast (one with strawberry jam and one with marmelade). Glass of soy milk with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

10:30 am: Okay - that was weird. I felt like I had to have a BM and when I went it was quite D-like. I didn't feel at all like it was going to be D. It was VERY soft, sort of broke up in the water, and disintegrated when I flushed. It was a small volume, and I still feel fine, but it was unnerving enough that I sent hubby grocery shopping without me. I wonder if it was last night's sushi - probably.

Lunch (1:00 pm): 3 pieces California roll with soy sauce. Went for a walk to Value Village for the heck of it. That counts as exercise! Tummy still feels fine. (2:45 pm): ham sandwich on white bread with light margarine, miracle whip, mustard and a wee squirt of honey.

Dinner (5:30 pm): Shrimp fried rice, multivitamin, 1 ybs Acacia.

Snacks: cherry chocolate amaretto soy ice cream; rice pudding with a few raisins.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sunday, March 9, 2008 new
      #326334 - 03/09/08 10:39 AM
Erilyn

Got up 9:55 am. Had a BM about 10:45 am - it was very firm and a little pebbly. Very small volume.

Breakfast (10:55 am): oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, toast with light margarine, soy milk (Silk Plus) with 2 3/4 tsp Acacia.

Lunch (2:00 pm): peanut butter and banana sandwich. 1/2 applesauce muffin.

Dinner (5:15 pm): homemade black bean minestrone soup, 1 slice white bread with light margarine, multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on stationary bike.

Snacks: cherry chocolate amaretto soy ice cream, rice pudding with cinnamon.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

Re: Sunday, March 9, 2008 new
      #326336 - 03/09/08 11:55 AM
ascot

Reged: 03/09/08
Loc: New York City

This is all new to me. is working up to a certain amount of the powder a day a problem? i keep reading the word "gradually," as if something worse than the IBS will occur.

To Ascot new
      #326338 - 03/09/08 01:18 PM
Erilyn

Introducing a fiber supplement in too high a quantity too quickly can cause an increase in bloating and gas. You should start out with 1/2 tsp a day and increase by no more than 1/2 tsp per week.

--------------------

Re: To Ascot new
      #326350 - 03/09/08 06:20 PM
ascot

thank you. between the fiber supplement, tea and diet is there anything else that you can suggest? this is quite debilitating and takes a toll on my family and peace of mind

Monday, March 10, 2008 new
      #326361 - 03/10/08 08:32 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:30 am.

Breakfast (6:55 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup soy milk (Silk Plus) with 1 tbs Acacia.

Had a BM at 8:00 am, just after getting to work. Med-firm, pebbly, small volume. Had another at 9:45 am, med-soft, all one piece, moderate volume.

Snack (10:50 am): applesauce muffin

Lunch (12:30 pm): ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard. Peppermint tea.

Snack: 4 blanched almonds, 1 plain rice cake

Dinner (5:30 pm): homemade black bean minestrone soup, 2 slices white bread with light margarine, multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on stationary bike.

Snacks: cherry chocolate amaretto soy ice cream, rice pudding with cinnamon, 2 saltine crackers.

--------------------

#326393 - 03/10/08 04:15 PM
Erilyn

Fiber, tea and diet is about all I'm doing right now so that's about all I can tell you... except that exercise and plenty of water can really help. The fiber is useless without drinking lots of water throughout the day (herbal tea counts!) and exercise - even just a quick walk around the block - can do wonders for gas, constipation, and even general discomfort.

--------------------

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 new
      #326417 - 03/11/08 08:19 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:30 am. Had a BM about 6:55 am - medium consistency, moderate volume, one large pebble then the rest was all one piece.

Breakfast (7:00 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup soy milk (Silk Plus) with 1 tbs Acacia.

Snack (10:50 am): applesauce muffin.

Feeling a little extra gassy today for some reason...

Lunch (12:30 pm): ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard. Two pieces of California roll. Peppermint tea.

After lunch (1:30 pm) I had a VERY small BM - just a couple of little tiny thin pieces (like, about an inch long). There MAY have actually been some mucous in it, but I'm not sure (it could have come from the front - I'm in the middle of my cycle so that is actually quite likely). I haven't had mucous since I started EFI so that would suck if I do have it now...

Snack (4:00 pm): plain rice cake

Dinner (5:30 pm): 2 low-fat hot dogs on white bread, with ketchup, mustard, relish. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on stationary bike.

Snacks: applesauce muffin, 1 large graham cracker.

--------------------

#326433 - 03/11/08 12:07 PM
ascot

without sounding too graphic - my issue(s) in the past have been hard stool create anal fissures - which cause bleeding. Will the powder create such a hard stool that i will be straining to create a bowel movement?

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 new
      #326486 - 03/12/08 08:06 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:25 am. Had a BM about 6:45, med-firm, moderate volume, all one piece. Went again just after breakfast, med-soft, moderate volume again. Almost thought I was going to go a third time right before leaving for work, but I didn't.

Breakfast (6:55 am): hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal, 1 cup soy milk (Silk Plus) with 1 tbs Acacia.

Snack (10:15 am): 2 saltine crackers. (10:50 am): applesauce muffin.

Tummy has been a bit nervous/crampy this morning, but that's probably because I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Dumb nerves!

Okay, just had another BM (11:30 am), soft, small volume. Having a peppermint tea now.

Lunch (12:30 pm): ham sandwich on Safeway white bread, with light margarine, Miracle Whip, and mustard.

Snack (3:55 pm): plain rice cake. I'm back from the doctor's and of course my tummy is perfectly fine now. I wish I could tell my nerves to take a hike!

Dinner (5:45 pm): Yves Veggie burger on sesame seed bun with light miracle whip, ketchup, and mustard. "Fries" with rosemary and salt. Multivitamin and 1 tbs Acacia.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 98385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review