All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Sunday, March 23, 2008 new
      #327076 - 03/23/08 12:45 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Got up 9:25 am. Cold is much better, but I can still barely talk!

Breakfast (11:00 am): soy milk with 1 tbs Acacia, oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon, 2 slices toast with light margarine.

Had BM about 11:45 am, med-soft, small pieces, very small volume.

Lunch: turkey wrap on sundried tomato tortilla, light miracle whip, soy herb cream cheese, honey, green onion, very thin slice tomato. 1/2 peeled apple.

Dinner: spaghetti with garlic tomato sauce, garlic bread made with real garlic and light margarine. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: tiny piece Purdy's dark chocolate, toasted English muffin with light margarine.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Monday, March 24, 2008 new
      #327112 - 03/24/08 11:26 AM
Erilyn

Got up 8:50 am. This cold is still hanging in there, so I'm taking a sick day.

Took a shower pretty much right away, felt like I had to have a BM but by the end of my shower I was scrambling to get dried off so I could make it to the toilet - it was a perfectly normal BM (long, well formed, moderate volume), I just had major urgency.

Breakfast: oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon with 1 tbs Acacia stirred in, hard-boiled egg white.

About 10:30 had another urgent BM - again it was fairly normal, though a bit softer. About the same volume as previous, there were a few specks of tomato in the wipe.

Lunch (12:30 pm): deli chciken sandwich on toasted English muffin with light margarine, miracle whip, and very thin slice of tomato.

Snack: cup-a-soup (spring vegetable)

Dinner (5:45 pm): chicken breast in chipotle marinade, with rice and peas, multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: tiny piece dark chocolate, 4 saltines with herb soy cream cheese, very small glass light soy milk.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 ~ C new
      #327149 - 03/25/08 08:21 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:25. Back to work today - ugh. Cold is still getting better, but not gone yet.

Breakfast (7:00 am): 1 hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal with 1 cup light soy milk. 1 tbs Acacia.

Snack (10:55 am): english muffin with light margarine

Lunch (12:30 pm): chicken sandwich

App. 2:15 pm, AF started. Feeling every so slightly crampy. I'm also C again today.

Snack: nut and cranberry Luna bar

Dinner (6:15 pm): 2 low-fat hotdogs with ketchup, mustard, relish. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia.

Snacks: 1 mini Cadbury Creme egg, 5 saltines with herb soy cream cheese.

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - ERILYN new
      #327217 - 03/26/08 10:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You eat so healthy...and your dinners always sound sound yummy! I wish I had the desire to cook! I'm sick of canned soups and canned tuna. Although, I couldn't handle all the white bread you eat.

Keep up the great work!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Oooh, good question...reasonable fear!-nt new
      #327218 - 03/26/08 10:12 AM
Jordy

--------------------

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 ~ C new
      #327225 - 03/26/08 10:27 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:30 am. Cold is still hanging in there...

Breakfast (7:00 am): 1 hard-boiled egg white, 1 cup Rice Krispies + 1 tbs wheat bran cereal with 1 cup light soy milk. 1 tbs Acacia.

Snack (10:55 am): english muffin with light margarine

I am still C this morning. It has literally been MONTHS since I've been C 2 days in a row! Aaaargh!

Lunch (12:30 pm): chicken sandwich, peppermint tea.

Snack: plain rice cake

Dinner (5:40 pm): Healthy bake fish fillets, mashed potatoes, creamed corn. Multivitamin and 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on stationary bike.

Snacks peach applesauce fruit cup, 1 tiny piece dark chocolate, 1/2 PB & J sandwich

--------------------

Re: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 new
      #327247 - 03/26/08 01:23 PM
Jordy

Do you use Fiber One as your bran cereal?

Quote:

It has literally been MONTHS since I've been C 2 days in a row! Aaaargh!

what the heck do you think is going on? Have you tried to remedy it at all? This too, shall pass?

--------------------

Jordy new
      #327252 - 03/26/08 01:54 PM
Erilyn

I just use the Safeway brand All Bran cereal. I've been eating it (in some quantity or another) for years. It's been a long time since I read the ingredients but I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain artificial sweeteners or anything else "forbidden".

It could be a number of things making me C:

1. I'm on my 10th day of a cold right now and I've been taking a lot of Tylenol with codeine for the pain (I'm gettign awful headaches and sinus pain). Codeine can cause C in a lot of people so that may be it right there.

2. I haven't been as diligent with my water intake over the last few days. I tend to slow down on drinking water when I get sick because it either irritates my throat or makes the post-nasal drip worse, or both. Today I have been trying extra hard to drink more water!

3. I started my period yesterday and my system may be a little wacky from it - who knows!

4. I've been a weeeeee bit bad with chocolate lately - partly because I am sick and ALMOST not caring, but it's not like I've been going crazy. I've been eating Cadbury mini Creme eggs here and there (never more than one in a day), I had a Hershey's Kiss yesterday, and besides that I've been treating myself to some dairy-free dark chocolate too. But it's NEVER more than one little piece at a time. It's not like I sit down and eat a whole bar or anything!

Anyway I think it's some combination of all of the above, particularly the codeine and reduced water intake. I hope I can go soon though, my tummy is quite uncomfortable and all I want to do is go to the bathroom!

--------------------

Re: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 ~ C new
      #327291 - 03/26/08 07:10 PM
binok

Reged: 03/22/08
Loc: CT

Hi!
I'm a Weight Watchers lifetimer. I also am IBS A Can't tolerate artificial sweeteners. How do you loose weight on Heather's diet? I'm new to this so I really need help! I got the book today! So gassy and bloated all the time!!! I don't want to gain it all back!!! I also Power walk. Can you help me?

Thursday, March 27, 2008 new
      #327311 - 03/27/08 10:03 AM
Erilyn

Got up 6:25 am.

Had a BM at about 8:30 am!!! Yay! It was very firm and pebbly and required a little straining, but at least it was a BM! Woo hoo!!!

Snack (10:50 am): english muffin with margarine

Lunch (12:30 pm): half chicken sandwich, one California roll.

Dinner (5:40 pm): 2 low-fat hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, relish. Multivitamin, 1 tbs Acacia. Did 10 minutes on bike.

Snacks: mini cadbury creme egg, half chicken sandwich, peach soy yogurt.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 97986

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review