All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 12/5/07
      #320106 - 12/05/07 11:52 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/5 here....
(i.e. what you ate, be sure to note if NOT IBS safe, exercise, bathroom visits if you need to monitor those, your goals & progress...etc.) You can also just hang around for tips and conversation. Please join us. We can help each other.

This forum offers sane, supportive advice and encouragement for people incorporating IBS concerns with efforts to live a healthier life overall. Weight loss, weight gain, exercise, and workout issues are dealt with here. Though this board has threads that may focus on dieting, for specific IBS diet topics please see the Eating for IBS Diet Board , and the IBS diet guidelines as well.

This board offers a supportive environment specifically focused on fitness and health in conjunction with the IBS diet. Fad diets or weight loss diets that do not respect the guidelines of IBS dietary concerns will not be supported. Posts that do not fall within these guidelines will be removed.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/5/07 new
      #320131 - 12/05/07 04:27 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Food:
Breakfast - quinoa flakes, walnuts, almonds, blueberries
Snack - apple, sunflower seeds
Lunch - quinoa pasta, tomato sauce, tofu
Snack - amaranth puffs (with peanut butter, honey), carrots
Dinner - zucchini, mushrooms, lemon & garlic salmon
Snack - pomegranate

Exercise: 30 mins walking, 1 hour yoga, shoulder weight exercises, washed the kitchen floor

--------------------
Kat

K2 new
      #320189 - 12/06/07 11:54 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Can I ask a few questions about your diet? I know I bug you a lot!

Is your snack of an apple and sunflower seeds eaten without an SF source beforehand? Do you peel the apple?

Also, did you have to build up your ability to eat nuts/seeds? How many is safe for you?

Finally, what's a pomegranate?

Do you basically depend on Acacia for your SF?

Thanks, Kat

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/5/07 new
      #320194 - 12/06/07 12:35 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Gym: 10 mins stretching, then 29 mins abs, arms, back, leg presses, then I took "Kick-It" class (kickboxing, included abs & stretching at the end) worked out 1 hour + 39 mins, burned 557 calories at 50% fat.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: K2 new
      #320199 - 12/06/07 01:31 PM
K2

The apple and sunflower seeds I eat just on its own. The apple is SF I believe, and I do include the peel which is IF. The seeds I don't eat too many and chew really well.

I did build up the nuts and seeds. I started eating literally 3 or 4 almonds after a safe meal. Then I started eating a couple at each snack. Then I started having some with my cereal. Finally I found I could have a decent handful in my cereal in the morning. Now that I'm really stable I can actually have as much as I want of high fat foods, I haven't had any symptoms. But even before when I was having some problems, eating some nuts with breakfast was fine. Chewing them thoroughly helps a lot. If you're afraid of high fat, try the chestnuts that are in season (roasted), they are a good source of SF and might help your confidence with other nuts.

A pomegranate is another type of fruit. When you cut it open there's seeds coated in a jelly looking substance. Toss a few seeds in your mouth, suck the stuff off them and spit out the seeds. It's a bit annoying to eat but really really tasty. If you have a juicer it might be best with that.

I have stopped the Acacia since my symptoms went away a couple months ago.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. One of the only reasons I'm still here is to see if I can help anyone.

--------------------
Kat

#320365 - 12/10/07 01:08 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

Don't be afraid to ask questions. One of the only reasons I'm still here is to see if I can help anyone.

And thank you so much for that!

And I am so impressed that you can eat an apple with the skin all on it's own!! And, no more Acacia!!!

I think you've got this thing under your control, by far! (and it's refreshing to hear from someone who isn't afraid of fructose in apples....or anything else)!!!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#320480 - 12/12/07 07:14 AM
K2

Yeah I think people are getting a little crazed with the fructose thing. Even Heather recommends apples and such. She does make a note of saying that fructose can bother IBS, however she means more the excess fructose in fruit juices (especially store-bought ones). I always found I had more trouble with oranges than apples probably because of IF. So I never thought I might have a problem with fructose.

I did start slowly switching from applesauce to apples with skin. First I just ate the apple without skin. The next time I peeled half, so I had half the skin. Then finally tried it with skin and did fine. Makes for an easy portable snack!

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review