All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
2 week cleanse journal day 1
      #294093 - 12/18/06 05:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well I started my diet today instead of yesterday. Yesterday was a transition day since I still had some foods in the house I wanted to get rid of.
Breakfast:
I started the day with Scottish oats with raisins, cinnamon and stevia. It was not so good.
breaks: (work day)
2 bananas
orange
1/3 pineapple
raisins and a few pieces Crispix (very little sugar)
pistachios

lunch:
little bit roasted chicken thigh and roasted vegetables including potato

dinner:
hakka ginger chicken (again thighs- ate 2)
rice with lots of ginger
mixed vegetables (peppers, bok choy, shiitake, scallions)

additional:
tea and 2 gingins (they have sugar but I am allowing 2 a day for the tummy benefits)

I am having a big sugar craving now! Will be going through major withdrawl.

Exercise:
did almost the full T tapp beginners tapes today. Ran out of time because I watched the intro stuff. Tomorrow I can do the whole thing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

day 2 new
      #294171 - 12/19/06 05:33 PM
Little Minnie

Today was a bad day. I got my all over sick thing where I am no good all day. I am starting to think it is not IBS but migraine based. I never thought I had headaches or migraines but now have to look into it. So today I couldn't exercise at all and ate little, but I did stay on my diet!
Breakfast: late in morning had a large bowl of Scottish oats cooked on the stove (better) with some peaches from a can in it and stevia.
Lunch: banana, grapefruit, corn chips
Dinner: leftover chicken, rice and veggies with carrots.
cup of tea with stevia and an orange.
That's it. Hopefully I feel great in the morning!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

day 3 new
      #294247 - 12/20/06 05:00 PM
Little Minnie

Today I woke up headachy and nauseated again but came around in the afternoon. No exercise besides some housecleaning and I stayed home from work.
Breakfast: quick oatmeal and raisins with stevia
lunch: carrots and rice, and peeled pear
snack: banana and pistachios
dinner: small chicken breast, rice and spinach/broc mashy mess with some peanut sauce
snack: tea and raisins and corn chips also a few blackberries
My gut was very flat today until just a few minutes ago. So things are going pretty well. I should be back to normal tomorrow.

--------------------

day 4 new
      #294345 - 12/21/06 07:59 PM
Little Minnie

Today I felt great!
Exercise: a full hour of T Tapp. I was very warm when done. you actually get hot where she says- your core, down the front and back. It was hot even after I showered.

Breakfast: oatmeal with raisins like yesterday
snacks: 3 bananas, pear, orange, pistachios
lunch: carrots, little bit of rice, some deli chicken slices, pineapple
Dinner: leftover rice and chicken breast with peas (not a lot- was nasty)
snack: crispix and raisins
need to drink my acacia tea mix still- yawn
Weight is 138.5 BTW. Highest lately was 140 so I have about 18 pounds to reach my goal weight.

IBS update: the diet seems to be going very well. I had a teeny bit of gas but no real bloat!

--------------------

Fantastic!-nt new
      #294482 - 12/23/06 01:20 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

day 5 new
      #294483 - 12/23/06 01:21 PM
Little Minnie

Today was pretty good. The cals were quite low.
I did my T Tapp workout.
breakfast: wasn't very hungry- banana, peaches and blackberries
snack: banana, pear
lunch 1: oatmeal
lunch 2: carrots -steamed
dinner: salmon fillet (small), curried quinoa with dried fruit and almonds, roasted brussel sprouts and broccoli with pecans, sesame oil and orange zest
snack: plain cheerios (mini box), raisins, pistachios
Cals: 1570

I had some bad stomach pain today because I forgot my snacks when I ran errands and I was gone for a few hours. I came home in pain and had a banana and pear and felt better in 15 minutes. I am coming back from that sort of thing really quickly and I am still not bloating!

--------------------

Re: day 5 new
      #294484 - 12/23/06 01:23 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What do you attribute your non-bloatiness to? T Tapp? Or some food you removed? If so, which one?

Brussel Sprouts, broccoli, pears, and bananas with no bloat is quite impressive!!!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

not sure yet new
      #294519 - 12/24/06 10:58 AM
Little Minnie

I won't know which food is causing me to bloat until I add back in the soy/carageenan, sugar, msg components and wheat. I am not sure which I will add back first.

--------------------

day 6 new
      #294520 - 12/24/06 11:02 AM
Little Minnie

I can't remember exactly what I ate but it is pretty much the same as the other days.
B: oatmeal
snacks: fruit and probably pistachios
lunch: leftover quinoa and brussel sprouts and broccoli
dinner: crab cakes, carmelized onion and roasted garlic mashed potatoes with org. chicken stock for liquid (yum) and salad
Note: I used panko crumbs on my crab cakes and so that is my first cheat. I had gas in the night but no bloat.
Dessert: raisins and tea

Exercise: TTapp instructional 2 (still not sore)
weight 138

--------------------

day 7 new
      #294534 - 12/24/06 04:23 PM
Little Minnie

Today I had a little more tummy problems than the last 6 days but nothing too bad.
Exercise: T Tapp tape 2
B: oatmeal with banana
snacks: banana, canned pears, orange?
lunch: 100 cal popcorn, raisins, pistachios
I can't remember exactly what I ate through the day and when
dinner: chicken breast with asparagus and tahini sauce, croquettes with spinach, from leftover mashed potatoes.
tea with acacia and a gin gin and dry crispix.

So I had the panko bread crumbs yesterday and also a little bit tonight on the croquettes. I could have bought GF breadcrumbs but didn't want to spend the money. Right now I am thinking they did make me a little more gassy/bloaty but really I am not sure.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16535

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review