All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Poking my head in... with my hands over my face....
      #292044 - 11/30/06 01:51 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It's shameful how long it's been since I've popped in.
I had a frustrating experience. My Mom has lots a ton of weight on Zenecal (NOT IBS friendly) and looks great and is using all the clothes I can't fit into. Thrilled for her, sad for me. So I went to one of those herbal places. Should have known better. They want you to get by on only 2 starches a day!!! Yikes! I'd starve to death and die of hunger pains! Plus, you're not allowed ANYTHING processed - even soup mixes or peanut butter! I'm not a meat fan and PB is one ofmy main protein staples. And getting by without my veggie broth? That's my afternoon snack! They have this whole thing with salt - which makes me believe that it's not a great idea anyway. Besides, other than my soups, I really don't eat salt. I don't cook with it (except in baking), and I don't put it on the table, either. Grrrrr!!!!

So, after my little rant - I'm looking for some decent protein shakes that are safe. Something available in Canada. Stephie? Any ideas? Do they really keep you from getting hungry?????

Hugs to all, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Poking my head in... with my hands over my face.... new
      #292716 - 12/06/06 11:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry I have not replied sooner... I just have a minute and wanted to say...keep your head up girl.... I hope Stephie can help with the shakes in Canada....

Be careful...... and IBS safe..... {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Poking my head in... with my hands over my face.... new
      #292732 - 12/06/06 04:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey there!
**hugs**
I can't give you a hard time about being MIA from this board, when I have been too so you need not cover your face around me!
I also thought about trying some other ways to lose weight, but thought the better of it when I realised how unsafe it would be for tummy. It is tempting, though.. and if I could just eat a big salad and Not feel like I was choking for the next 3-7 hours, I'd go ahead and do it but until then I am going to have to live with carbs!

As for protein shakes, I don't have a large product base to advise from but I recently bought "GeniSoy" vanilla flavoured protein powder and haven't had any problems with it so far. I bought it at Costco, but I know I have seen it other places. I have made mocha shakes (decaf instant coffe, organic dairy-free cocoa mix, vanilla Silk soy milk and ice) and a berry one (Silk vanilla soy, frozen blueberries and strawberries, ice and some honey).
So far I have been using one scoop of powder and then diving it into two shakes 'cause it makes a lot and Adrian drinks the 2nd one... so I am not really getting the full serving of protein. I had the berry one and some slices of potato for breakfast the other day and wasn't hungry 'til the afternoon.

I definitely think it is better to stay away from those diet plans that aren't good for your body. You can always watch your sodium intake and all that on one of those tracking sites like sparkpeople.com or something if you are concerned about it.

Good luck, lemme know if you get another protein powder and what it's like!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re:Thanks to you both... new
      #294709 - 12/27/06 03:04 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm trying to start really small. Baby steps. For example, at Christmas dinner, I didn't take a big plate. I took a sandwich plate, and only chose a FEW of the things I wanted to eat, no wine, plus I only had 2 cookies for dessert!! That way, I wasn't too stuffed. I've found now that I just can't eat big meals. I get too full and too nauseous. I hope this is going to help.
Second, I'm going to try to commit to 10 - 15 minutes a day on my elliptical. It's not much, but it's a start, and a commitment that I'm not likely to crash and burn with - like if I said I was going to do an hour a day. Yeah. I'm going to try to slowly increase my amount.
Smooches to you both,
A. I really appreciate your support. XOXO

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re:Thanks to you both... new
      #294769 - 12/28/06 08:17 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

good plan Alicia!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3098

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review