All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and sleep deprivation
      #281017 - 09/06/06 09:43 AM
Langley99

Reged: 07/19/06

Something I've noticed is that on the weekends after I get a complete 8 hours of rest, my IBS is a lot less troublesome than it is on weekdays when I get 5-7 hours.

I'd like to conduct an informal 'study' here. Anyone who has IBS, try getting a solid 8 hours a night and see if your symptoms improve. I couldn't last night as I was out having fun with friends, but tonight, tomorrow, and friday night, I am going to get 8 hours of sleep and see how it affects my IBS.

My thinking about this is that you're stressed when you don't get enough sleep. You've got all this adrenaline going through you to keep you awake. The reason you're stressed is probably because normally a cave-dwelling humanoid would only not get enough sleep in times of emergency and the fight-or-flight response transfers blood and the body's attention away from the normal processing of food.

So, give it a try like me and see if we can put a dent in our problem.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My IBS is always better after a full night's sleep and worse if I'm sleep deprived... new
      #281199 - 09/07/06 12:04 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I'm sure Heather talks about this somewhere, but I can't remember where...

Re: My IBS is always better after a full night's sleep and worse if I'm sleep deprived... new
      #281391 - 09/09/06 12:35 AM
Langley99

Reged: 07/19/06

Well today I only got 6 hours. I have a sick dog I was with and so I got far less sleep than usual and today really sucked. I had to drive into town (60 km) for work instead of the bus and so i incurred an extra 8 bucks for parking and 5-10 bucks for gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1964

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review