All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Years of "remission" then different symptoms & WORSE?!
      #256941 - 04/07/06 12:13 PM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Hey guys,

I'm new to the message boards, but not totally new to the IBS "circuit". BUT, what I'm experiencing now is new to me - so wanted someone's take who has been dealing with IBS longer than me. I'm really frustrated/freaked out...

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with IBS-C for lack of anything else (had colonoscopy, ab ultrasound, but had less-than-fab doctors). Everything was normal (appetite, bowels - save for the C, but no pain), except for when I ate. I'd get horrible burning pain for about hour & a half after a meal, then it'd be gone & I'd be back to normal. I had a normal appetite & everything. Started going to chiropractor, symptoms went away & have remained gone for YEARS now.

Thru those years, I was able to eat anything, drink my coffee drinks from Starbucks (2 a day, even on empty stomach in morning) - no probs w/ cramping, D, nothing.

Then all of a sudden this summer, body starts freaking out a little when my hormones would get riled up each month - started with a little D, but again, it would go away. Could still eat whatever & drink the coffee - no constant long-term probs.

NOW, all of a sudden out of nowhere (?) I have alternating D & C, doesn't correspond to hormones really anymore, no appetite (I've lost 10+ pounds in a month since I don't have appetite and/or don't want to eat & suffer)...it's odd. Before the IBS symptoms were bothersome at times, but not constant & certainly didn't completely railroad my life. But I'm REALLY hurting now & the weight loss freaks me out quite a bit (but it's explained - I just didn't eat).

For a while, honestly, the Starbucks coffee drinks were ALL that I could have with no symptoms, plus they kept me going when I would be up all night feeling sick or having acid reflux.

Has anyone else had a long period of "remission" then IBS flare-up (one that lasts & lasts) with new, more disturbing symptoms?? Seriously - I'd take C & my occasional after-meal pain again ANYTIME over what I have now. I can't figure out what exactly brought me back to where I'm at now.

I guess I just want to know that someone else's body has acted in a seemingly random & unexplainable way too. Life was manageable back when I was first diagnosed. Today, it's SUPER hard. Sucks!!

I'm going to try the IBS diet - and I'm also going to a new Dr. who has ordered small-bowel X-rays, upper endoscopy, Abdominal CT scan...the works...so we know for sure that it is IBS & not something else.

This is all really freaky to me - never thought I'd be here...

Thanks for reading, and (maybe) responding!

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Years of "remission" then different symptoms & WORSE?! new
      #257002 - 04/07/06 04:50 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Memmels!

I am currently going through that right now. My IBS is in "remission" and its been a weird experience. I can't explain it either, but would not be totally surprised if/when it comes back. For now, I'm enjoying things I haven't had in over 3 years - such as ice cream and red meat. Mmm..

Just thought I'd let you know there was someone else out there with a weird body.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review