All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/29/05
      #234238 - 12/29/05 07:20 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/29 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/29/05 new
      #234427 - 12/29/05 05:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Got a cold and couldn't exercise. I don't have much of an appetite. If I have some sherbet my total will be 1435.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#234435 - 12/29/05 05:35 PM
junevarn

Reged: 12/14/04

Hi all,

I made a mistake yesterday and had a little mayonnaise on a turkey sandwich and then I think too much fruit. This morning I had a bit of cramping and a lot of pooping, but not too bad. I played it safe today, had rice waffles for breakfast, two chicken sausages( that I drained out all the fat.)

Lunch I had a turkey sandwich with cranberry and tomato and carrots, then an apple.

For dinner I had two red potatoes, rice crackers, cooked carrots and peas, chicken, a slice of banana bread,(made with acacia fiber), with a little strawberry rice dream ice cream. I am stuffed but I was so hungry when I came home from work!

I am very grateful that I have been feeling pretty good.

Take care,
June

#234462 - 12/29/05 07:57 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

extra small organic banana

eggplant, zucchini, portabella mushrooms (with parsley, basil)

asparagus bisque (just asparagus, first steamed & then pureed in organic broth) (with fresh dill)
steamed potato, pureed baby spinach, leftover portabella mushrooms (topped with chives & dill)

earl grey tea with Rice Dream
lots of peppermint tea
flat diet gingerale
water

Kate.

#234464 - 12/29/05 08:10 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

My 5 year wedding anniversary was today, but the hubby worked 12 hours so we didn't do squat!!! It's midnight and he's STILL at work!!

2 Mini Bagels
Chamomile Tea

Mashed potato/green bean/almond burrito
Nilla Wafers

Homebaked Fries w/ Honey
Chamomile Tea

Mashed Potatoes
Pumpkin Spice English Muffin

Plain heated flour tortilla w/ 1 tsp coconut oil

Mini Bagel w/ Veggie butter

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Kate new
      #234607 - 12/30/05 10:57 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

That all sounds so delicious! Especially the mushrooms w/ parsley and basil. Yum!

I find I do better with the smaller, organic bananas than the extra-large ones you usually find at grocery stores, which seem to make me gassy. So how did you do with the fruit?

Re: Aww... new
      #234614 - 12/30/05 11:26 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Do you have any plans this weekend to celebrate your anniversary? Even if it's just a quiet evening together? Happy anniversary, btw!

Changing the subject to tortillas... Have you seen that book 101 Things to Do with A Tortilla? (Link to book description - not IBS-safe recipes!) I haven't read it, but you should write up a list of IBS-Safe Things to do with a Tortilla. These make a great snack for me too - both the flour and corn tortillas - and accompaniment to soups.

#234616 - 12/30/05 11:28 AM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Yesterday was long and painful...I have really been struggling with C, bloat, fullness, and a lot of pain for the past few days. But, I've been pretty good about forcing myself to eat, because I need the calories, and the energy for long work days. Here's how it went:

*plain soy yogurt with sprinkle of granola (ouch!), soy chai

*eggless tofu salad sandwich on sourdough with spring mix and a little tomato

*larabar, cashew cookie flavor

*baked sweet potatoe with Earth Balance vegan buttery spread, sauteed rainbow shard, and tempeh, a few sips of red wine

I think today might have to be a BTC day...but I'm kind of worried about that making my C even worse.

We'll see what happens...

Take care, and have a great day!

--------------------
Julia

Re: Aww... new
      #234654 - 12/30/05 01:42 PM
anlikerm

That is VERY COOL!!!! I have never seen this! Thanks for the link. I might have to buy this book!!

We don't have any plans......he has to work 12 hour shifts until sometime AFTER the New Year so by the time he gets home at night, I'm knocked out.

I am not healthy enough to go partying all night anymore, like I used to!!! LOL!!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Kate new
      #234661 - 12/30/05 02:24 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Herbs are serious flavour enhancers, I agree! (I peeled the eggplant--I find their skins troublesome/irritating, but not their flesh or guts) Are you like me & fall positively in love with a particular herb for a few weeks, only to catch yourself having an affair shortly thereafter with a different one? And then, I have streaks of "playing the field" or herbing aroung. I AM JUST MAD ABOUT CHIVES THIS WEEK. I cannot tell you how many times they've been in my mouth this week! I had the most insane affair with sweet basil all summer of 2005. And well...there's always the Dil--.

I also agree with you re: organic fruit. I could never eat a regular banana without major gassiness & bloating too. However, beyond a little stomach acid (from not having fresh fruit for a few months, I suspect!), it gave me neither gas nor bloating. It was really yummy. And the size is perfect. Nature's fast food. (actually, I wouldn't bother eating a non-organic banana & deal with the discomfort)

Organic dried fruit snacks are really good too. No creepy additives--they are generally apple pectin based, so very safe. AND, no sulfites. I love the apricot ones.

One final comment. Without cigarette oral self-pollution, food really tastes so much better.

Kate.

#234681 - 12/30/05 04:24 PM
Nicoblu

Reged: 12/28/05
Loc: Lafayette, LA

pardon me. I'm new to the boards. I'm wondering if you could explain coconut oil and its uses. Ive never heard of a practical use for it but see it all the time in the health food stores. Is it used as a substitute for margarine?

#234797 - 12/31/05 09:22 AM
anlikerm

Hey! Coconut Oil is awesome!

I MAY be used as a substitute for buter. It's NORMALLY used as a cooking oil substitute.

It's not really IBS-D compatible, either. It's EXTREMELY HIGH IN FAT!!! (14g per TBS) Which triggers an attack every single time I take it if I take just a tiny bit too much!! So, I have to be REALLY REALLY careful when I use this stuff.

* It's good for dispelling parasites. It contains Antibacterial, Antiviral and Anti-fungal properties. It's good for Candida overgrowth.

*Helps to improve good cholesterol levels

*It controls Hypoglycemic Cravings

*Supports healthy Thyroid Function (I take it for this reason. My mother HYPOTHYROID and my grandmother has HYPERTHYROID. I don't want EITHER ONE!!!)

*Good for the skin!!!

Michelle

I am not a doctor, I just read A WHOLE lot about stuff and actually I got this stuff right here out of my GARDEN OF LIFE supplement book. So, if you don't agree with some of the things I listed, it's DR. JORDAN RUBIN'S claims, not mine!! LOL!!

I really love this stuff but I have to use it VERY SPARINGLY!!! I take about 1 TEASPOON every other day or every few days. I don't take it everyday. It says to take between 1-4 TABLESPOONS a day, but I can't!! I tried to take a 1/2 TABLESPOON one day and got very sick, very quickly!!

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3680

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review