Unstable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ruchie/Fennel Tea new
      #233525 - 12/23/05 08:38 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey Ruch!

AWWWW, I'm sorry, Ruch!! Doesn't that suck that we're getting allergic reactions from "herbal" tea??? They're supposed to be like Ultra safe. A whole lot safer than carbonated drinks!! And Ginger Ale, too?? I think that might have triggerd my attack this morning. I heated up some ginger ale (flat) this morning and after I took a couple sips, ATTACK!!! I drink hot tea all the time, so I really think it might have been the sugar in the ginger ale, too early in the morning on an empty stomach. This is getting WAAAAAY to technical and complicated for me to handle! I just wanna drink....... LOL!!

Anywhooo, about Fennel. I used to drink fennel all the time. hehehe....I have 3 cans of Fennel in my cupboard! I really like the taste of the Fennel but the last time I drank it, it made me feel kind of YUCKY, so I stopped drinking it. But, it does not give me a headache like Chamomile does.

So, I decided to try it again this morning. I had a WICKED C ATTACK~believe it or not, this morning and I couldn't even stand up because the pain was so intense.

The rectal cramps were so bad, I couldn't sit down, either. So, I made some fennel tea.....really hot and strong. It's helping, I think. Does it help you??? Does it help you relax??? I want a RELAXING tea. I don't think Fennel helps me relax. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too, huh??? Of course, not!!

I either took too much pepto and imodium the day before yesterday or I'm eating too much soluble fiber now. Because I don't think I'm IBS-D, anymore. I think I'm an A. I have had this happen before, too, in October. When I was severely C for two weeks. I don't know.

I'm going to lay off of the Imodium for a little while and see what happens. I take it DAILY as a preventative measure against D attacks, but I IMMEDIATELY switched from having really bad D to being really C, like overnight! So, who knows!!?? What are you??? D or C???

Anyway, I might try green tea again today and see how that goes....I have some Roobios tea in my cupboard, too but I haven't tried it yet. I'm too chicken!!

OOOH, cinnamon tea sounds really good. WAAAA!!! (I'm whining now), I can't have cinnamon because of my GERD. Cinnamon, Ginger and Peppermint are no-no's for me.....It sounds really good though!! Try it!! Do you have GERD?? I wouldn't do it if you do.....

I'm like you.....I have cabinets FULL of tea that I can't drink and my husband won't drink herbal tea.....no way...so, they're just sitting there. I don't know why I don't throw them away.

Thanks for looking out for me, hon! Are you over your cold, now???

Love ya!! *HUGS*!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: I survived Tahoe! new
      #233540 - 12/23/05 10:10 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Welcome back Karen!

School stress! Ahh! (Mental scream!)

You can do it! I hope the AD takes the edge off. Sounds like you had a great trip, though. Deep breathing really helps. When I'm anxious, I forget to breathe correctly and the lack of oxygen flow really messes up my head. Take time out to "ground" yourself and affirm that all is well & safe in your world. Mentally visualize yourself displaying calm, serenity--lol! a mental photo-journal.

Oh, one note: I love your microwave spaghetti squash recipe/idea. Too easy, effortless & yummy! Very safe.

Kate.

Benadryl and IBS new
      #233553 - 12/23/05 10:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

The stuff seems to be making me more C!!! Grrr! And I thought it was just me that got sick from the stuff

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Welcome back Karen!! new
      #233555 - 12/23/05 10:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

You're gonna be GREAT with school! You survived Tahoe, right? If you can do THAT you can totlay do school! Just remember to stay in the present and take it one class at a time *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: You get sick from it, too??? new
      #233556 - 12/23/05 10:53 AM
anlikerm

Wow, that makes three of us, then! Me, you and karen.
What do you take for allergies?? You just take it anyway, even though it makes you sick? I was.....but, I can't take the stomach ache's anymore. I quit taking it about 4 days ago.

*HUGS*!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

I HAVE to take it!! new
      #233563 - 12/23/05 11:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

You should see the rashes I've been getting the past couple of weeks from the med I take (and from food allergies) They are just horrid!!

I am taking my probiotic for the C and I hope it will help. At least I know I won't need the benadryl forever...just for this rash (at least I hope so!!)

*sigh*

I tell ya. We take something to help one thinga dn we hurt another. Our poor bods can only take so much!!

How are you doing today Michelle? What are your plans for the holidays?

Sending you lots of love!!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I HAVE to take it!! new
      #233573 - 12/23/05 01:01 PM
anlikerm

OH, that sucks, hon! Why do they keep you on meds that give you rashes?? That's wierd! Doesn't sound like fun, either!

I just sneeze and get headaches when I have food allergies. I have only had one rash, when I was little. It was when I took Amoxicillin and found out I was allergic to it.

I hope the probiotic helps for your C, too! Which one are you taking?? I'm taking Primal Defense. It's starting to help my D, finally. I have been taking it for 2 months but I'm just now starting to notice a difference.

Well, did you read my post on the diet board about "Imodium Advice"?? I had a really wicked attack today. About 5 hours! I'm guessing it was a C to D, attack. I woke up horribly C, and 9 BM's later, I'm D again! So, I don't know what happened. I'm glad it's over, though!

How are you feeling?? I hope your nausea is under control now. I remember you were really nauseated a couple/few weeks back. Did you order some Gravol?? I did but I probably won't get it till January! I ordered it from Canada.

No plans for Christmas, here. My family is in North Carolina and my husband's family is in New Mexico. We're all alone here in Georgia. Well, two of his brothers are here but they live about 45 minutes away. I have only seen them a couple times this year. The youngest brother is in the Army and just got back from Iraq in late October. He's really happy to be home and we're glad we don't have to worry about him being over there anymore!!

Happy Hanukkah!! ??? Right?? Or How 'bout
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Can't go wrong with that one!

LOVE YOU!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12502

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review