All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Crap, Kate! new
      #233398 - 12/22/05 02:36 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Too many herbs make me mega-nauseated. Herbs are potent things. Water is my beverage of choice, actually.

Re: Sprite
Just make sure it's flat!

I like club soda/mineral water too.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: herbal tea new
      #233402 - 12/22/05 02:51 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

i think it's a matter of which ones you choose. chamomile & fennel are very soothing for me, especially strong. but if i'm illin', chai, rooibus or other dark or spicey teas wouldn't at all appeal. as long as you sip slowly, though, and don't chug (large amounts of water very quickly always hit my stomach hard), they should usually be okay.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Thanks, Kate! new
      #233432 - 12/22/05 04:28 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I drink Chamomile and Anise. That's about it....The chamomile gives me a mean headache, though and the anti-histimines are giving me a stomach ache so I am about to quit the chamomile, anyway. I almost got a migraine last night and had to break down and take tylenol and it really upset my stomach. I remember when I used to take that stuff like candy and it never even phased me.....Wierd!

Okay, I will be drinking flat sprite! I already have a bottle of it from my colon prep last month. The cap is still on it but it's mostly unscrewed so I'm sure it's VERY FLAT by now!!!! LOL!!! I have flat Ginger Ale, too!

Thanks, Girl!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#233433 - 12/22/05 04:30 PM
anlikerm

OH, yea.....I cannot touch dark teas anyway. I have never tried Chai, though. I bought some soy coffee that is 100% ground soy beans. It says that it's not acidic and does not have caffeine at all. I tried it the other day and it seemed to go down fine. I did't feel well later on, so I don't know if it was from that or not.....not sure....
Maybe I will give it a go again!

Thanks, Jaime!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233452 - 12/22/05 05:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I drink a lot of jasmine green tea, too. Twinnings is my favourite brand.

When I feel positively vile, FLAT soda/seltzer or FLAT gingerale. Okay, I confess, I drink FLAT diet gingerale or seltzer when I feel barfy. But actually, now I truly mostly drink water & maybe about 2L of Jasmine Green Tea. Black tea bugs me most of the time, but Green actually makes me feel better. Sometimes, though, a nice spicy tea hits the spot. GOOD EARTH has some yummy ones! I like Raspberry Leaf Tea, too. Sometimes, I'll feel like Red Tea & make a pitcher (yeah, wishing it were beer! NOT! Barf-city.) chilled. I like the Honeybush Rooibos. Rosehip tea is really yummy cold, too. I used to like Gatorade Propel (might start some of that again), too.

Oh, another thing--HOT HERBAL TEA makes me sick.

I know you use Stevia. I cannot drink tea with that stuff. It really makes me violently GAG!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (12/22/05 05:45 PM)

#233461 - 12/22/05 06:25 PM
anlikerm

I drank some (Decaf) green tea yesterday and it didn't make me feel too good....I don't know why......????

I am looking for another tea besides chamomile that helps calm my system without making me feel "puky".

Maybe I should just stick with flat ginger ale for a little while and give my body an "herbal break" and see what happens. I have been drinking herbal tea every single day since the night of my colonoscopy prep, which was what.....November 8th. I never drank herbal tea until that day and now I'm hooked! I'm addicted to this chamomile tea and I cannot take the headache's anymore. The tetley chamomile tea that Nelly recommended is the best chamomile tea. I can even drink 1 cup of it without getting a headache....but anymore than that and I have a migraine. I cannot take these antihistimines anymore. They make me sick. I looked up antihistimines on the net and most of the drug profiles say that they should be taken with food because they can cause gastrointestinal distress but it seems like I'm the only one that gets an upset stomach from taking Benadryl!!! Why is that????

Anyway, I haven't tried Red Raspberry leaf. Does it give you a headache?? Do any of the herbal teas give you a headache??

I think I'm okay with Stevia. It doesn't seem to bother me. I like "HOT" anything when I feel sick. That's strange that "hot" stuff makes you feel worse.....it calms my system and moves things through my stomach quicker than if I drink anything cold. Cold stuff sends my tummy into an instant attack! Iced anything and I'm done!!! LOL!!

Okay, I don't know what to do. I'm going to go grab some flat ginger ale. I cannot believe I have to sit here and DEBATE what I can and cannot drink.....I'm thirsty and don't know what I can drink without getting sick! This is insane!!! I should just go grab a beer and be done with it! Maybe not!! Like you...Barf City!! Bleh!!!

Peppermint used to be my favorite. I used to drink peppermint tea all day.....UNTIL it triggered my reflux! Now, I can't go near it! It makes me so depressed!! Peppermint really, really helped my IBS soo much. I have been suffering ever since I had to quit drinking it.

This sucks!! I just don't know what to do!?!?

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: I survived Tahoe! new
      #233492 - 12/22/05 11:10 PM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

I'm back! All in all I had a really nice trip and it gave me time to reflect on all my anxieties. I decided its probably a good time to try ADs again. I tried taking one 5 years ago and I didn't have good results. Anyhow, I talked to my doctor and I started on Lexapro today. I'll wait and see if I suffer a lot of side effects.

Also I started packing today for my move on the 27th. Trying not to be nervous about starting college again. Stressful times.

Foods- I'm not really even sure! It definetely included:

crispix/soymilk

luna bar

potato w/small piece left over chicken breast

ramen noodles and white rice

I didn't have much of an appetite today, a lot of nausea. I'm sure some of it had to do with anxiety and some with the new med.

But I'm really glad to be back. I missed all of you!

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: benadryl new
      #233494 - 12/22/05 11:19 PM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

Michelle- Your not the only one! The stuff messes me up too. When I have to take it, I break one pill in half. Even that much makes me sick to my stomach and out of it. I can't take anything that is NON-DROWSY formula either. Makes me sick and a little crazy.

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: Wow! new
      #233513 - 12/23/05 07:29 AM
anlikerm

Well, I'm glad that to hear that I'm not the only one in the world that can't take Benadryl without getting an upset stomach!! I'm sorry that it has to be you, though! It really sucks that my stomach won't tolerate drugs very well. It makes it EXTREMELY hard to medicate me with prescriptions when simple over the counter stuff messes me up.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#233514 - 12/23/05 07:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Have you tried fennel Michelle? It's good for the IBS...and if you like the taste of liccorice it might be your new "it" tea

I have the same prob as you. I am getting allergic reactions to some teas! And I too want something to drink other than plain water.

But I cannot even have ginger ale. Sugar. Not even the diet ones. Artificial sweetner is bad for me as well. (But I can have green tea without a prob.)

I think we shall whine and moan together.

One...two...three...WHINE!

Feel better now?

At least we know we're not alone??

*hugs*

We'll find something.

Maybe you could try plain roobios tea? That is something I could try too! I will have to go to the store this week and get some. Do you think a cinnamon tea sounds good? I was debating buying one last night at a local grocery...Bigelow made a tea and the ingredients were: tea, cinnamon. The less ingredients there are; the better off I am. (I couldn't see paying the $3.00 though knowing I might be allergic and then hubby would have to drink it. We have a cabinet full of teas like that already!!) *sigh*

*hugs* Keep me posted!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review