All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 11/1/05
      #222459 - 11/01/05 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 11/1 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 11/1/05 new
      #222655 - 11/01/05 09:04 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

D seems to be settling down .

Ate with abandon!!! (This basically means, I ate whatever I felt like eating...and it's pretty safe stuff!!!) Was feeling kind of weird food-wise. No, I guess "playful" or "creative"
is a better way to describe it!

--extra small banana
--extra small banana
--8 dried apricot halves
--green swiss chard puree/can of beets
--homemade mushroom soup (with a little cauliflower puree inside)
--"scalloped zucchini & pear" with green swiss chard (& a little celery and 2 slices of red onion...balsalmic vinegar, cumin, cinnamon, lime, grainy dijon...) I used to love raw green salads of either baby spinach or mesculn with pears or apples which are PRIMO this time of year. So...basically a quasi-waldorf kind of thing...TOTALLY REFRESHING!!! Most juicy. Lol, how I love pears & apples...cooked they are so tummy-friendly for me and sweeter and juicier than when raw.
MUST eat more combos like this in the future. IT WAS heavenly...divine!!!
--more mushroom soup

That's all, folks.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Apples new
      #222656 - 11/01/05 09:07 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I went grocery shopping today and bought some beautiful Gala apples for my bf. They smell so good! I'd love to bite into one right now! But I might try a small piece tomorrow, peeled, chopped, and mixed with banana.

#222657 - 11/01/05 09:14 PM
lalala

Luna Bar

Crispix
toast

leftover chicken and rice

Luna Bar

cinnamon oatmeal with lots of walnuts (Everything's better with nuts.)
toast
strawberry soy yogurt smoothie

pumpkin pie smoothie (I finally made it right!)

flour tortilla

I saw my doctor today. I've lost 5 lbs since April/May, which I've known but now it's been officially confirmed. That means I'm back down to 105. I had a rather stressful summer, and when I'm anxious or worried I do lose weight. Anyway, it was a really good visit and we both agreed I'm making progress in dealing with my anxiety and IBS. No change in meds. Nothing for the pain--I was uncomfortable asking for a painkiller for those really bad attacks since I only have them once or twice a month now. I see her again in February for my yearly physical; however, if I lose more weight, she's going to do more testing! I can't let that happen.

#222676 - 11/02/05 04:05 AM
Wind

I know EXACTLY what you mean re: beautiful (& aromatic) apples this time of year!!! You just want to sink your teeth into one!

A tip re: apples Try baking it! I know YOU LOVE tortillas and PB sandwiches. Maybe make it extra safe by putting baked/chopped peeled apple slices on a tortilla with some cinnamon? A little banana would be awesome too! I know if I bake the apple and remove the peel, they are super-safe for my tummy. Apple/carrot is another really good combo. So, is apple/beet.
Ditto for apple/winter squash. Apple/pumpkin would be really really yummy! Sometimes, I like to give them that curried effect for a more "spicey/savoury" edge.

Don't laugh, but even apple/potatoe is a really yummy combo.
They bake up really fast in the microwave!

The pears are REALLY REALLY good this time of year, too. Baked/poached they just MELT in your mouth (and your pants--you'll be plugging up the toilet!)

(Apple/cabbage is a good combo, but I'm not sure how safe that would be--I wouldn't personally go there/risk it.)

I used to love making apple sandwiches, though, when I was a kid!

I know apple is added to alot of curry dishes and squash soups.

A lot of days, I feel more like apples or pears or bananas (or pumpkin or squash) for dinner or lunch versus more traditional tastes, i.e. rice/potatoes/pasta, especially this time of year. I just adore the smell!

I feel like beans, too--i.e. musical beans. I might be doing that soon! Must be the Canadian weather.

Kate, IBS-D.

Edited by Wind (11/02/05 04:09 AM)

#222707 - 11/02/05 07:47 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

crazy pms day. mood/mind stuff calmed down after i took care of some stuff at work, but i was craving chocolate and then salt like a maniac.

bagel w/ soy cream cheese
3 pieces dried papaya

fun size butterfinger
lite soy milk

1/2 apple donut (that gets a face because it was not a mindful choice, whereas other times i said, 'i want chocolate - i'm having this cereal,' or this butterfinger, or whatever.)
1/2 pita
fake chicken salad

cocoa puffs w/ soy milk

bagel w/ soy cream cheese

and then, starting at nine, at home...

2 pickles (i have to say, polish dill doesn't really do it for me. back to my people's kosher dills after this.)
2 rice cakes (one salted, one caramel)
apple sauce w/ ff cool whip & 1/2 scoop protein powder
tortilla chips (not a scary amount)
pizza crust (from roommate, bless her heart)

the evening 'binge' wasn't terrible... more junk in one day than i would've liked, but giving small sacrifices to the angry gods is much better than letting them go unapeased.

also, since i'm really just getting to the gym around weekends, i bought a 5lb hand weight so i can do some strengthy stuff at home. so, before bed, i did: 60 crunches, 60 squats, and 3 sets of 12 of three different arm things. i love having muscles in my arms! and once there's a little less fat there, it's gonna rock.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#222718 - 11/02/05 09:05 AM
lalala

Excellent apple suggestions. The apple/carrot combo sounds especially appealing to me this morning.

Beans are not only musical, they're also magical! They're loaded with antioxidants, and they're a good source of B vitamins, iron, folate, magnesium, potassium... Just be careful if you decide to try them--I don't know how long it's been since you've had beans.

Re: poaching/baking apples & pears new
      #222743 - 11/02/05 10:01 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

kate, i know it's usually a recipe board thing, but can you explain the basics of cooking/poaching fruits? it's not something i've ever done, but i'd love to try. the basics (oven temp & time, other methody stuff) would be great.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: poaching/baking apples & pears new
      #222817 - 11/02/05 03:10 PM
Wind

BAKED APPLES (especially for jaime!)

Trust me--this is easier than pie!

Microwave Method:

For Baked apple slices (I prefer them sliced/peeled or at least halved)

Prep. apples/pears...garnish/season (i.e. cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar/brown sugar, cloves, ground nuts???, etc. ) and ZAP on high for 5 min.
Check. It might need another 2-3 minutes, depending on how well cooked you like it or the power of your microwave. No need to cover. Sometimes, I add a little lemon juice.

Whole apples take longer. Core and pare apple a few inches around the top. Season/adorn if desired and zap on high for
8 minutes. Check/adjust.

***Some people like to add things like butter/margarine, nuts, as a "STUFFING." Personally...I'd skip the butter/margarine stuff. ***

OVEN BAKED APPLES/PEARS

Prep apple(s). Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place in dish with 1/4 inch of water and bake for about 45 minutes. Add sugar/seasonings/stuffing, if desired prior to baking.

(This is using the whole apple, i.e. cored/sliced and pared.
The peel falls off really easily. It's a rather pretty dessert and pretty simple/healthy! )(Unless, well...you get carried away with toppings/enhancements!)

It takes less time for the sliced/scalloped method.

You can add neat flavours with things like red wine with a little sugar, or cider, or cranberry juice, etc.

That's the basics.

Kate.

Maria, you'll be pooping like a horse, lol! new
      #222818 - 11/02/05 03:12 PM
Wind

Apple/carrot rocks. Warning: you'll be pooping like a horse.
That combo. adds mega SF and bulk to fecal weight/output.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6918

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review