All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
2 questions (slightly embarrassing)
      #219533 - 10/14/05 06:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Who else is craving fat and protein like crazy? Maybe it is a Northern thing but I can't stop eating nuts, soy ice cream, anything chocolate.
Also I have had this new thing when I treadmill for over 45 minutes, my legs first get itchy and then break out in a rash on my thighs. My husband recognized what is was right away- my thighs are rubbing together somewhat when I treadmill really fast and they get super hot and rashy afterward! How awful! So now I always wear pants to treadmill. I don't think my thighs are that fat- it must be the length of time and the speed that does it. I have noticed itchiness there before from exercise but never such bad rashes. I haven't gained any weight that I know of.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 2 questions (slightly embarrassing) new
      #219551 - 10/14/05 08:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, I'm not sure about the second question. I can't say I've experienced that.

Re: your first Q about cravings. No, I'm not craving fat. Am I craving protein? YES. Therefore, I'm eating it! I'm also really craving dairy products, but then again, I have osteopenia. I'm trying to gain some skeleton! Plus my bones literally hurt and ache. I think the cravings you mentioned are associated with living in a Northern climate.
I'm Canadian and I find that as autumn progress and winter beckons, I REALLY crave PROTEIN. Lol! Eskimo instincts.

Kate.

Re: 2 questions (slightly embarrassing) new
      #220418 - 10/20/05 12:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well I'm craving sweet stuff and protein! I think we're trying to put on our hibernating fat!

My legs have ALWAYS rubbed together, even when I was pretty slim, as I have super-muscly thighs naturally. It's so annoying and embarrassing, plus painful. But yep, pants are the way to go, and if you do get it, treat it like a heat rash. You are NOT alone!

thanks Linz new
      #220545 - 10/20/05 03:14 PM
Little Minnie

Yeah they get burning hot after 50 min. I bought some more long exercise pants.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: thanks Linz new
      #221597 - 10/27/05 10:45 AM
LindsayK

Reged: 04/15/05
Loc: Austin, TX

I have friends that are serious distant runners. They use petroleum jelly when they're going on long runs. Seems kinda messy for a routine workout, but at least it's a common problem.

I wish I could run that long. Bad knees. I stick to the eliptical or bike.

--------------------
Lins

well new
      #223250 - 11/04/05 05:37 PM
Little Minnie

the long pants didn't totally cure the problem. I treadmilled Wed for 50 min on high and had long pants on. The fronts of my thighs still got all rashy afterward. It wasn't itchy but it was bothersome.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 256 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3025

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review