All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 9/14/05
      #213174 - 09/14/05 07:32 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 9/14 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/14/05 new
      #213216 - 09/14/05 09:39 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

BF 2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 small banana
about 2 tlbs. raw honey
w/ some cinammon and nutmeg
about 350-375 cals

Doing great so far!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#213391 - 09/14/05 05:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: the usual
snacks and lunch: 2 bananas, 2 lunas, PB&J, pretzels, gatorade
D: salmon and leeks and 2 mushrooms I found and 2 pieces baguette
De: sorbet
Ex: worked heavily again today and I am pooped, also washed floors, stretched
Other: not C anymore and only gassy after dinner. Hip was better today but mood was bad . Hoping to get completely back to normal soon.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 9/14/05 new
      #213431 - 09/14/05 08:00 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!

I didn't go very well today. I am blaming the very bad burger/frosty choice I made late last night but I am big time paying for it now. Have been nauseous, in major pain, bloating, D and the WORST gas I have ever had! _I_ don't even wanna be in the room with me! I got my period today too, which I think is contributing a lot too, but this is just gross!

Activities: Aside from rolling around on my bed, and rushing to the potty... Nothin'. Was gonna get on the cardio wagon no matter what, but then my stomach decided not so much. So... not so much!

Breakfast: Canned peaches, 2 slices of french bread = 400 calories

Snack: English muffin w/peanut butter = 362 calories

Dinner: Rice = 242 calories

Have also had quite a few cups of tea, but that's it for today. Felt waaaay too sick to eat anything else, I'll try to have something else later (it's 8 pm here right now) if I can, but probably not.
Stupid, stupid hamburger. Stupid, stupid me for eating said hamburger!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#213444 - 09/14/05 09:04 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Note: Still in 'rebel' mode.

Fat: 9g (10%)
Protein: 117g (58%)
Carbs: 135g (33%)
Calories: about 1000 when you include fat free low cal condiments, i.e. fatfree dressing, seasoned rice vinegar, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, etc.
Nutrition: MAXIMIZED

I eat what I know will make me feel good. Indeed this intuitive eating think is working. I think, now, I'll stop being less obsessive about the numbers aspect. I just wanted to use it as a "check." Indeed, lean protein and greens make me feel amazing.

Here's what I consumed (not in order and not at once!):

--1 c. egg whites (with 1/2 c. green chard/dill puree)
--4.2 oz. tuna
--spinach/green chard/basil puree, thai green curry mushrooms (salad topper)
--2 bowls of lettuces as big as the toilet including: spring mix, baby spinach, boston lettuce, red leaf
--small fennel bulb, yellow beans, basil (salad topper)

That's all.

Kate.

#213501 - 09/15/05 07:29 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

meh. my energy's been really scattered lately. from being gone for a week, then being sick, then going straight to being really busy this week, i'm just off. also, my room's a mess, which always infects the rest of my life, making me less focused and lazier. in college i used to feel like this when i was behind in classwork. i'm seeing another play tonight, but tomorrow night is all mine - gym and neatening and just relaxing with myself.

i've also realized (and i don't think this is me making excuses, exactly) that although i slip here and there, i'm still eating much better than i was six months ago, much better than i have most of my life. i still slip into old habits (especially the nighttime thing) but i'm working to get out of that, and until i'm 'perfect' i'm still much better. so.

1/3 c rice pudding (rice, soy milk, sugar)

1 1/2 c crispix
1/2 c soy milk

banana
2 mini bagels
1 t reduced-fat pb
1 c soy milk

sesame bagel
8oz fake chicken salad (soooo good - i went into whole foods in search of fake tuna salad, craving it from all kate's been talking about the real stuff. i found this, though, and it rocked my world. mostly tofu, egg whites, and some veggies. new addiction.)

then, on my way home at 11:30, i had to stop and get cat food. and i was tired. and cranky that my roommate hadn't gotten it, since he was home much earlier. so i bought a kit kat bar. i threw away half of it, as that makes it a reasonable snack. but then i got home and ate two more pieces of chocolate.

1760. i walked to work in the morning, knowing my gym schedule for the week has been shot to hell. that was 30 min, and there was lots more walking later.

i've seen worse. i'm back to eating more like my normal, not-sick self today - oatmeal, some veggies, more protein. gradually, of course. but it's easier to feel full on this stuff, and it just makes me feel better. the last couple of days i've been hungry every hour and a half or two hours, and i'd like to last a little longer between grazings.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#213592 - 09/15/05 10:32 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

BF 2/3 cup oatmeal
1/2 small banana
about 2 tlbs. raw honey
w/ some cinammon and nutmeg
about 350-375 cals

Doing great so far!

so far so good

--------------------

#213596 - 09/15/05 10:34 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: the usual
snacks and lunch: 2 bananas, 2 lunas, PB&J, pretzels, gatorade
D: salmon and leeks and 2 mushrooms I found and 2 pieces baguette
De: sorbet
Ex: worked heavily again today and I am pooped, also washed floors, stretched
Other: not C anymore and only gassy after dinner. Hip was better today but mood was bad . Hoping to get completely back to normal soon. glad the C is gone... hoping Thurs is a better day

--------------------

#213600 - 09/15/05 10:41 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys!

I didn't go very well today. I am blaming the very bad burger/frosty choice I made late last night but I am big time paying for it now. Have been nauseous, in major pain, bloating, D and the WORST gas I have ever had! _I_ don't even wanna be in the room with me! I got my period today too, which I think is contributing a lot too, but this is just gross! NOT at good combo....

Activities: Aside from rolling around on my bed, and rushing to the potty... Nothin'. Was gonna get on the cardio wagon no matter what, but then my stomach decided not so much. So... not so much!

Breakfast: Canned peaches, 2 slices of french bread = 400 calories

Snack: English muffin w/peanut butter = 362 calories that sounds so good...I've been craving peanut butter.... or maybe peanut butter cups!?!?!? LOL Darn PMS....

Dinner: Rice = 242 calories

Have also had quite a few cups of tea, but that's it for today. Felt waaaay too sick to eat anything else, I'll try to have something else later (it's 8 pm here right now) if I can, but probably not.
Stupid, stupid hamburger. Stupid, stupid me for eating said hamburger! Too bad we can't get a sample bolt of the pain that we will feel BEFORE we put the "no-no" food in our mouth.... that would stop me!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

#213601 - 09/15/05 10:43 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Note: Still in 'rebel' mode. hehehe

Fat: 9g (10%)
Protein: 117g (58%)
Carbs: 135g (33%)
Calories: about 1000 when you include fat free low cal condiments, i.e. fatfree dressing, seasoned rice vinegar, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice, etc. I love how you use FLAVOR ENHANCERS!!
Nutrition: MAXIMIZED

I eat what I know will make me feel good. Indeed this intuitive eating think is working. I think, now, I'll stop being less obsessive about the numbers aspect. I just wanted to use it as a "check." Indeed, lean protein and greens make me feel amazing.

Here's what I consumed (not in order and not at once!):

--1 c. egg whites (with 1/2 c. green chard/dill puree)
--4.2 oz. tuna
--spinach/green chard/basil puree, thai green curry mushrooms (salad topper)
--2 bowls of lettuces as big as the toilet including: spring mix, baby spinach, boston lettuce, red leaf
--small fennel bulb, yellow beans, basil (salad topper)

That's all.

Kate.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3922

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review