All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/8/05 new
      #203429 - 08/07/05 08:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/8 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/8/05 new
      #203508 - 08/08/05 09:00 AM
Shell Marr

Starting a new diet (food plan) today...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings.

--------------------

#203688 - 08/08/05 05:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM
snacks and lunch: 2 banana, luna, pretzels, carrots, PB&J
D: coconut rice with shrimp and brocoli
De: mango
Total around 1550? fat around 14%
Add 150 cals for zucchini bread in evening.
Exercise: worked 5 hours pretty fast walking
Other: took 2 pep caps this morning before I went out in the heat. Was a little bloated in PM but not bad. My stress is abating now too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (08/08/05 07:25 PM)

#203698 - 08/08/05 07:58 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--710 ml Gatorade
--1/2 c. applesauce (x2)
--1 c. cranberry juice
--1 c. "Mock Mashed Potatoes" (Cauliflower) with 1 c.
baby carrots
--Salad: yellow and green zucchini
and Portabella Mushrooms
--1 more cup "Mock Mashed Potatoes" (for dessert/snack!) with 1 c. baby carrots
--2 Jolly Ranchers

That's all folks!
Note: Those "Faux Potatoes" are really really really yummy, especially with steamed baby carrots as "dippers!" I suspect that they'd be good with zucchini as well, not to mention mushrooms, or adapted as a crazy "white sauce." Adding a splash of pickle water and mustard makes a huge difference.

Kate.

#203704 - 08/08/05 08:29 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Ooh I've been wanting to try those mashed cauliflower things for a while... thanks for the good review!

Little Minnie what is MOM? -nt new
      #203717 - 08/08/05 09:05 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Re: Little Minnie what is MOM? Malt O Meal -nt new
      #203718 - 08/08/05 09:16 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: Mashed cauliflower/Laurel new
      #203743 - 08/09/05 02:55 AM
Wind

It went down really well with steamed baby carrots!!! I just cooked it and then food processed to to the texture of mashed potatoes. I didn't add a drop of soy milk/margarine as in the index recipe...just a little salt. Adding a little pickle juice made a huge difference and MUSTARD. A wee bit of veggie bouillion, or even a tiny squirt of Thai chilli sauce would be supremely funky...and now that I consider it even a little wasabi...it just depends on your mood. IT DIDN'T give me a GAS ATTACK or SPASMS!!! Don't laugh, but it's got the quality of a comfort food.

You can easily adapt it into a pattie or casserole. A little egg white as adhesive to give it a nice brown glaze?
Maybe a few bread crumbs for that "crispy" effect? Cauliflower croquettes...now there's a fun though for us improv. cooks.
Stick it in some sprayed muffin cups for 20 minutes or so for that crispy/golden effect?

I'm just elated that it didn't offend my gut and that it was just so simply delicious as a baby carrot dunker/side. It did get me moving a wee bit faster, though!!!

Kate.

#203865 - 08/09/05 09:52 AM
Shell Marr

Starting a new diet (food plan) today...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings.

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 716 calories (45 minutes on the Eliptical, 10 minutes Abs) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2083 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (around 6:00am) : 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Breakfast (around 8:30-9am): 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack (around 10-10:30am): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack (around 12:00pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate Peanut Butter w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Snack (around 1:30pm): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm): 458 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 cup Long Grain Rice, 4oz Unsweetented Applesauce & Water

Before Gym(around 5:30pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At The Gym (around 6-8pm): 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner (between 8:30-9pm, after the gym): 313 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water

Tea Time (around 10-10:30pm): 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea (love the bags)

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1681 .....still in my food budget

I'm also going to do another 5K this Sunday!!

--------------------

Hi Shell new
      #203886 - 08/09/05 11:03 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey,

Sounds like are still doing awesome, as usual! Does your trainer want you to lower your carb intake just at night time, or overall? I want to try and have less sugar, but I get so freaked at the thought of lowering my carbs 'cause of the ol' stomach!
Those protein drinks sure come in handy, eh? What a good, easy way to get extra protien in every day! I still haven't tried that one that you gave me, I keep saying I will wait for a really stable day and I haven't really had one yet!
Do those flour tortillas have many fewer calories/carbs than regular bread? 'cause that seems like a good way to cut back a little..
Anyway, yay for you! Sounds good with that walk coming up, that whole area is so beautiful it'd be easy to walk around without it feeling like QUITE as much of a chore!
Good luck!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

REPORTING IN - 8/8/05 new
      #203896 - 08/09/05 11:13 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Here is my report for today!
Activity: 30 mins of painting. Was going to take the dog for a long walk, but I had a reeeeeally bad tummy day.. I must have gone to the bathroom 8 times in a couple of hours, oy!

Breakfast: Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar and half of a metamucil wafer = 233 calories

Lunch: Thin rice noodles (thank you Shell!) with some soy sauce and roasted garlic and honey sauce. I didn't eat very much, feeling icky. = 150 calories

Snack: Pretzels and peppermint tea = 110 calories

Dinner: Went out for dinner, and the whole experience was AMAZING even though I wasn't feeling well! The place, the service, the food.. oh my god, so awesome! I had grilled chicken breast in rosemary, garlic, and lemon with some pan seared rosemary basil potatoes. It came with a lobster tail, but I gave it away because I've never had lobster and was scared to try on a bad day. Also had a bite of a 'sticky chicken' appetizer, and of a toffee dessert . I dunno about calories! I didn't have any of the oil or butter or anything with the meal. Also had a cup of peppermint tea, that was AMAZING. Brand is mystic leaf, I think.. it was so yummy! I was raving about it, and the server came over and gave me some to take home!

Snack: Handful mini marshmallows, and a piece of semi-sweet chocolate = 210 calories.

For drinks, I did really well! I had about 10 glasses of water, and then my two cups of tea.

So calorie total...703 + my dinner, which must have been at least 350 calories I would think... I guess that is still pretty low. Darn it!

Need to lose 15-30 lbs in the next "6 to 8 months to a year", see my post in the LR about breast reduction!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#203928 - 08/09/05 12:18 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Took the weekend off - went down to the shore. Walked everyday while there.

Weight stayed the same.

Exercise
1 hour Callanetics program
Water & herbal tea
56 oz
SFS Acacia
1 tsp (experimenting)

Breakfast
Team America Cheerios
2 hand fulls of blue berries
rice dream original
cup of Raspberry Zinger w. honey

Lunch
2 boiled potato pierogies
Ives Soy dog w/bun - mustard- pickles
2 med. pieces of watermelon

Dinner
bowl of Italian wedding soup (used ground chicken breast for meatballs)
tomato sandwich w/earth balance spread S&P
2 pieces of toast w/earth balance spread
(think I had a bit much of the spread & bread)
Heather's chocolate silk pudding for dessert.

--------------------
IBS-D

#204072 - 08/09/05 07:00 PM
Wind

--1 L. Gatorade
--750 ml. broth
--2 c. blueberries
--zucchini with broccoli/sweet basil puree (Yeah! The broccoli/basil puree as a sauce agreed with me! My stinky veggie indulgence of the day!)(I actually ate a whole stalk!!! Mind you, I did take Beano!)
--"Roasted Fennel and Baby Carrots" (Fennel Bulb and 1 c. baby carrots)(My all time favourite comforting rabbit food dinner of late--so simply delicious and tummy friendly!)
(Gave it a "Thai Ginger" spin, using the Thai Kitchen seasoning/broth packet to roast the fennel/carrots in, in lieu of olive oil and a little twist of lime. Very yummy and supremely SALTY!!!)
--7 baby dills
--another cup of steamed baby carrots and some leftover zucchini for a snack.

And that's all folks. I'm just bagged these days. So, I'm kate-napping as much as possible.
I haven't a clue re: calories and I honestly am losing the obsession. Must be the Buspar!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (08/09/05 07:59 PM)

#204073 - 08/09/05 07:01 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Good luck with the new plan Shell and with the 5K!

#204083 - 08/09/05 08:16 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am not even going to post my eating for today. I was up till the wee hours of the morning lastnight in pain and had a bad attack. Something I enjoyed for my birthday did not want to be enjoyed. Just safe, blah foods for a few days until I hopefully get back to somewhat stable.
Okay that was the bad news, so here is the good news... my bf and I got new bikes today!! I love mine and it is soo comfy to ride, not the cheapy I am used to.

Here it is......... yellow and silver, I am not good with posting pics so hopefully it will work
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/betharoo79/DSCF0175.jpg

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#204087 - 08/09/05 09:49 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey cool ride Beth!

You and me (and, it seems, quite a few other formerly-stable folks on the boards right now!) are in the same boat for the next few days I guess, all safe blah foods Was your happy birthday worth it though? For me it's been major stressors (exam, party, losing/finding my kitty) that have just totally destabilized me Sigh... Enjoy your rice and toast! lol

#204088 - 08/09/05 10:02 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Starting a new diet (food plan) today...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings. Ahhh, good for you...seems like when you exercise as much as you do, you need the extra protein.

OK... here is my reporting in...... I LOVE your graphics!!!!
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 716 calories (45 minutes on the Eliptical, 10 minutes Abs) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2083 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (around 6:00am) : 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Breakfast (around 8:30-9am): 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack (around 12:00pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate Peanut Butter w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm): 458 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 cup Long Grain Rice, 4oz Unsweetented Applesauce & Water

Before Gym(around 5:30pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Dinner (between 8:30-9pm, after the gym): 313 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water After all the working out you do, if it were me, I'd want about double this!!! LOL

Tea Time (around 10-10:30pm): 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea (love the bags)

I'm also going to do another 5K this Sunday!! WOOOOHOOOO, good for you Shell!!! I hope it's not to hot...take a picture and share, ok? You've been at this life change now for how many months over a year...........and your still at it!!!! That takes determination girl...and you've got it!!!! Kandee

--------------------

#204094 - 08/09/05 11:02 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

WOOOOHOOOO, good for you Shell!!! I hope it's not to hot...take a picture and share, ok? You've been at this life change now for how many months over a year...........and your still at it!!!! That takes determination girl...and you've got it!!!!

Ditto Shelley! You are constantly blowing us all away with your determination and you are definitly an insperation for me with your will power.

You know we'll be cheering you on!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#204197 - 08/10/05 10:04 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: MOM
snacks and lunch: 2 banana, luna, pretzels, carrots, PB&J
D: coconut rice with shrimp and brocoli Oh yum!!
De: mango
Total around 1550? fat around 14%
Add 150 cals for zucchini bread in evening.
Exercise: worked 5 hours pretty fast walking right on!!
Other: took 2 pep caps this morning before I went out in the heat. Was a little bloated in PM but not bad. My stress is abating now too. that is wonderful!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/8/05
      #204201 - 08/10/05 10:05 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

--710 ml Gatorade
--1/2 c. applesauce (x2)
--1 c. cranberry juice
--1 c. "Mock Mashed Potatoes" (Cauliflower) with 1 c.
baby carrots
--Salad: yellow and green zucchini
and Portabella Mushrooms
--1 more cup "Mock Mashed Potatoes" (for dessert/snack!) LOL, must be good stuff! with 1 c. baby carrots
--2 Jolly Ranchers

That's all folks!
Note: Those "Faux Potatoes" are really really really yummy, especially with steamed baby carrots as "dippers!" I suspect that they'd be good with zucchini as well, not to mention mushrooms, or adapted as a crazy "white sauce." Adding a splash of pickle water and mustard makes a huge difference.

Kate.

--------------------

Re: Hi Shell new
      #204203 - 08/10/05 10:12 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey,

Sounds like are still doing awesome, as usual! Does your trainer want you to lower your carb intake just at night time, or overall? Just at night..I kinda need them in the day or I tend to get tired I want to try and have less sugar, but I get so freaked at the thought of lowering my carbs 'cause of the ol' stomach!
Those protein drinks sure come in handy, eh? Yes, and I have a few flavors to use up (banana, choc peanutbutter, & choc) so that has been nice. I'm all done with the choc peanutbutter, I think that is the kind I gave you....and almost out of the banana...but these containers will go much faster now that I'm drinking 3 per day instead of just 1 so I will have to get a few more flavors. I want to try the strawberry, but afraid I might not like it a whole canister worth....but then again I can always mix 1/2 scoop with 1/2 scoop of choc or a 1/3 straw, 1/3 banana, 1/3 choc and make a banana split one!! LOL What a good, easy way to get extra protien in every day! I still haven't tried that one that you gave me, I keep saying I will wait for a really stable day and I haven't really had one yet!
Do those flour tortillas have many fewer calories/carbs than regular bread? Depends on the brand...the brand I use is NOT reduced fat... 180 cal, 29 carbs, 4g protein, 1 fiber, 5g fat 'cause that seems like a good way to cut back a little..
Anyway, yay for you! Sounds good with that walk coming up, that whole area is so beautiful it'd be easy to walk around without it feeling like QUITE as much of a chore! kinda what I was thinking... the time will FLY by.
Good luck! thanks!
**hugs** Right back at ya... thanks for your support!
--Steph

--------------------

#204206 - 08/10/05 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
Here is my report for today!
Activity: 30 mins of painting. Was going to take the dog for a long walk, but I had a reeeeeally bad tummy day.. I must have gone to the bathroom 8 times in a couple of hours, oy! Oh, feel better soon!

Breakfast: Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar and half of a metamucil wafer = 233 calories

Lunch: Thin rice noodles (thank you Shell!) hehehe your welcome with some soy sauce and roasted garlic and honey sauce. I didn't eat very much, feeling icky. = 150 calories

Snack: Pretzels and peppermint tea = 110 calories

Dinner: Went out for dinner, and the whole experience was AMAZING even though I wasn't feeling well! The place, the service, the food.. oh my god, so awesome! I had grilled chicken breast in rosemary, garlic, and lemon with some pan seared rosemary basil potatoes. It came with a lobster tail, but I gave it away because I've never had lobster and was scared to try on a bad day. Also had a bite of a 'sticky chicken' appetizer, and of a toffee dessert . I dunno about calories! I didn't have any of the oil or butter or anything with the meal. Also had a cup of peppermint tea, that was AMAZING. Brand is mystic leaf, I think.. it was so yummy! I was raving about it, and the server came over and gave me some to take home! sounds fabulous!

Snack: Handful mini marshmallows, and a piece of semi-sweet chocolate = 210 calories.

For drinks, I did really well! I had about 10 glasses of water, and then my two cups of tea. good!!

So calorie total...703 + my dinner, which must have been at least 350 calories I would think... I guess that is still pretty low. Darn it!

Need to lose 15-30 lbs in the next "6 to 8 months to a year", see my post in the LR about breast reduction!

--Steph

--------------------

#204207 - 08/10/05 10:17 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Took the weekend off - went down to the shore. Walked everyday while there.

Weight stayed the same.

Exercise
1 hour Callanetics program
Water & herbal tea
56 oz
SFS Acacia
1 tsp (experimenting)

Breakfast
Team America Cheerios
2 hand fulls of blue berries
rice dream original
cup of Raspberry Zinger w. honey

Lunch
2 boiled potato pierogies
Ives Soy dog w/bun - mustard- pickles
2 med. pieces of watermelon

Dinner
bowl of Italian wedding soup (used ground chicken breast for meatballs)
tomato sandwich w/earth balance spread S&P
2 pieces of toast w/earth balance spread
(think I had a bit much of the spread & bread)
Heather's chocolate silk pudding for dessert.

looks like you had a good day

--------------------

#204208 - 08/10/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera: is this report really for 8/9?

--1 L. Gatorade
--750 ml. broth
--2 c. blueberries
--zucchini with broccoli/sweet basil puree (Yeah! The broccoli/basil puree as a sauce agreed with me! My stinky veggie indulgence of the day!) LMAO!! (I actually ate a whole stalk!!! Mind you, I did take Beano!)
--"Roasted Fennel and Baby Carrots" (Fennel Bulb and 1 c. baby carrots)(My all time favourite comforting rabbit food dinner of late--so simply delicious and tummy friendly!)
(Gave it a "Thai Ginger" spin, using the Thai Kitchen seasoning/broth packet to roast the fennel/carrots in, in lieu of olive oil and a little twist of lime. Very yummy and supremely SALTY!!!)
--7 baby dills
--another cup of steamed baby carrots and some leftover zucchini for a snack.

And that's all folks. I'm just bagged these days. So, I'm kate-napping as much as possible.
I haven't a clue re: calories and I honestly am losing the obsession. Must be the Buspar!

Kate.

--------------------

#204209 - 08/10/05 10:20 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Good luck with the new plan Shell and with the 5K!

Thanks Melissa!

--------------------

#204214 - 08/10/05 10:23 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I am not even going to post my eating for today. I was up till the wee hours of the morning lastnight in pain and had a bad attack. Something I enjoyed for my birthday did not want to be enjoyed. Yeh, but I bet is was worth it? hehehe ok, maybe not Just safe, blah foods for a few days until I hopefully get back to somewhat stable.
Okay that was the bad news, so here is the good news... my bf and I got new bikes today!! I love mine and it is soo comfy to ride, not the cheapy I am used to.

Here it is......... yellow and silver, I am not good with posting pics so hopefully it will work
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/betharoo79/DSCF0175.jpg

VERY cool....!!

--------------------

#204220 - 08/10/05 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Starting a new diet (food plan) today...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings. Ahhh, good for you...seems like when you exercise as much as you do, you need the extra protein. Yes, that is what needed to be done...I was loosing lean muscle

OK... here is my reporting in...... I LOVE your graphics!!!!

Dinner (between 8:30-9pm, after the gym): 313 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water After all the working out you do, if it were me, I'd want about double this!!! LOL Don't think I don't want to... but this is where I had to cut my carbs... and because I increased by carbs I also increased my calories, which makes me really have to be careful at dinner time....plus I eat so late, it is better to have a smaller meal.

I'm also going to do another 5K this Sunday!! WOOOOHOOOO, good for you Shell!!! I hope it's not to hot...take a picture and share, ok? I was thinking about that, maybe I'll carry the smaller digital in my fanny pack if it will fit You've been at this life change now for how many months over a year 15 months!! ...........and your still at it!!!! That takes determination girl...and you've got it!!!! Really it is just the fear of your cane!! LOL Kandee

--------------------

#204226 - 08/10/05 10:30 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

WOOOOHOOOO, good for you Shell!!! I hope it's not to hot...take a picture and share, ok? You've been at this life change now for how many months over a year...........and your still at it!!!! That takes determination girl...and you've got it!!!!

Ditto Shelley! You are constantly blowing us all away with your determination and you are definitly an insperation for me with your will power. Thanks Jen!! Don't foget to pack your sneakers for Vegas so you can work out with me at 6am each day!! hehehe

You know we'll be cheering you on! Thanks!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 93 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12568

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review