Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Ooo, I so sympathize! new
      #188595 - 06/23/05 10:19 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

thanks linz.. i'll try it.

I know that its definitly something thats changed recently.

My sister has tiny little shoulders and skinny arms, but what she does have is pure muscle, and thats how I have always looked as well. I've always been strong, but I always had a small frame up top.

NOw I hate it because I've since turned into a linebacker. UGH. I hate it. I'd much much much rather just go back to how I looked before, (when I used to be complimented weekly on how my shoulders were my best feature.. now I think they scare people )

Anyways.. this all changed when I started working out.. all my life i've never worked out and I looked stronger and hotter then. its really annoying.. and Im wanting to give up on working out. I'd rather look slim and toned than like a linebacker.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well why not skip the weights altogether? new
      #188683 - 06/23/05 01:48 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Cardio and something toning like yoga would be great.

Yeah... new
      #188699 - 06/23/05 02:08 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I have trouble with stuff being too tight across the shoulders! Even ripped shirts a-la The Hulk before. Sleeveless and stretchy tops are fantastic!

My abs will NEVER look muscular. I'm happy if there's no cellulite there! (I have scoliosis that's stretched my tummy muscles so much I'm incapable of doing a single sit-up - I do do crunches sometimes tho).

Edited by Linz (06/23/05 02:09 PM)

Re: Yeah... new
      #188702 - 06/23/05 02:13 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Sorry about that! That's a bummer! I do crunches, and I KNOW I have muscles in there, unfortunately there is a very stubborn layer of fat. My abs are definitely my problem area. And of course IBS doesn't help!
(SIGH) Oh well, we are none of us mannequins, are we?

--------------------

exercise balls new
      #188749 - 06/23/05 04:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

work wonders on abs. They totally make your gut flat. I do crunches on the ball. It is way harder but I have seen results from it and only from the ball. You can almost tell women who work out with balls because they have flat abs and a womanly butt.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

how do you do it.. and what exercises do you do?!?! -nt- new
      #188754 - 06/23/05 04:33 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

ooh!! new
      #188758 - 06/23/05 04:53 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I had a ball, but when I moved to this house (2.5 YEARS ago), I lost it somehow. I JUST bought another one on Amazon.com, and I will get it tomorrow!! I ordered a couple of DVDs too, one with the ball, just to have something to follow along with so I don't get distracted by another Law and Order rerun....

--------------------

ball exercises new
      #188770 - 06/23/05 05:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just got a book on ball exercises but a DVD comes with the ball as well. I do standard crunches with the ball under my back about at my waist. Then I cross my arms in front of my chest and suck in my gut as if pushing your belly button to your spine. Just go up a little bit. You will shake at first. I also do this but put the opposite shoulder to knee (to do obliques). Also put your legs over the ball and squeeze it with the back of your knees and lift it off the ground, and then do crunches. Or you can just rest your calves on the ball and do crunches. there are many ways to do it. Of course there are exercises for your whole body. I bought a book for $5.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I was thinking the same thing... new
      #189309 - 06/26/05 06:56 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

about doing yoga or pilates or something for your upper body rather than using weights.. I mean, you could still use weights for your lower body but you might be better off without the weights for your arms. And oodles of cardio.
Good luck!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

thanks guys.. i'll try it out!! -nt- new
      #189329 - 06/26/05 08:15 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review