All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: hey--- new
      #189161 - 06/25/05 10:50 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

aside from the the bbq [vegan] the rest sounds great!! ive been loving the fresh fruit--i was about to *DIE* on apples [needs variety]but one things puzzling me....as i eat rice alot too--brown rice. almost every-other day for about 2 weeks now ive been eating rice thinking it was a "thinner food" to eat and ive actually noticed places on my body that seem bigger--like from fat. and the only thing i can attribute that to is the rice b/c i know its high in carbs! i cook mine in water first, to get real soft and creamy and then i drain all but a little bit of the water and mix in Imagine's No Chicken Broth and usually add some veggies [?] im at a loss--ive also been working extra-long so i would think id be in shape [since i lift boxes and trays and stuff] but its as if im not! im fearing swimsuit weather!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hey--- new
      #189175 - 06/26/05 06:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I's not likely the rice. It's probably water retention. Not much you can do about that in this weather. Rice and carbs will NOT make you fat. That is a total myth. Fats will make you fat. And it's a matter of calories in and out.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Ashley, Alicia is completely correct! new
      #189182 - 06/26/05 06:38 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Weight loss/maintenance/gain is a simple equation of calories in versus calories out. And Brown rice is, in fact, a really health grain and unlikely to put weight on you. Further, it has lots of fiber to help regulate your BM's and keep you full longer. I know it can be scary to venture and try new foods in your diet, but you will not gain weight unless what you take in exceeds output. In fact, I recently read an excellent book about sports nutrition/feeding your body. In the book, the author (a renowned RD who trains professional athletes) spoke of the importance of carbs, esp for active individuals. Brown rice is an excellent source of nutrients, vitamins, and energy for your body!

Hope this is helpful!

Kristen

Re: Ok, here they are!! (I hope!) new
      #189252 - 06/26/05 02:34 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

they are fab! I love black and white photos.

The honeymoon sounds amazing too, thanks sooo much for posting. Santorini is one of my favourite places on earth, so peaceful, I spent a wonderful afternoon with my husband to be in a restaurant overlooking the sea in Ia on the north of the island a few years ago.

How is life as a newlywed?

What flowers did you have, your bouquet looks lovely, its just difficult to pick out what they are.

--------------------
S.

Jenny LOL new
      #189254 - 06/26/05 02:41 PM
cailin

That's soo funny, they had the same dress! my parents got married in 1975 so it was platforms and bellbottoms all around, the Bridesmaids dress was white longsleeved with blue flowers (like curtains) and she wore a blue plastic hat with a white plastic flower on it (my Mam bought this for her at the last minute cos she refused to do anything with her hair)

Today is my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. they are not speaking so no celebrations there! Oh well.

--------------------
S.

Re: Ok, here they are!! (I hope!) new
      #189276 - 06/26/05 04:50 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Thanks so much!
Santorini was pretty wonderful....it actually rained the whole time we were there, so we cut the trip short, but met lots of nice people...and a surprisingly large number of tame, friendly wild dogs. They would walk us into town and back every night!
I hardly consider us newlyweds anymore (2.5 years) but being married is great and just gets better all the time....today we did a team duathlon and I was so proud of us and I love doing stuff as a "team". He's my best friend so life is good. We have a lot of fun.

Oh, and my bouquet was roses and hydrangeas....I LOVED it, it didn't wilt, the colors were gorgeous (soft pink and blues, to match the flowers on my dress) and not very expensive!

--------------------

ps-Ginger... new
      #189316 - 06/26/05 07:08 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

how gorgeous are YOU in those pics?Your Dh looks like a cutie too. I do not have any digi wedding pics to share, darnit.Besides, that was , like, wayyy back in 2001!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: ps-Ginger... new
      #189333 - 06/26/05 08:27 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey... my wedding was "way back in 2001" too. And we have lots of digital pics!! Random relative with expensive camera taste, I suppose.

Thanks! new
      #189336 - 06/26/05 08:37 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Ha! My pics weren't digital either! Just some I scanned in over the last couple of years. And most of my best pics came from my friends/relatives cameras. The ones from the photographer, while nice, really show the progression of tiredness as the night wore on...and geez...I didn't even look like I had makeup on at the end! Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments!!

And yes, he's a cutie, bald or not!

--------------------

Ginger- confused... new
      #189377 - 06/27/05 04:16 AM
cailin

Quote:

Details: got married in March 2005, in Joliet, IL

Ginger, should this be 2003 so? See my confusion....

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 105339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review