Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Shannon/butt kicker! new
      #185869 - 06/12/05 01:46 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Quote:

Congratulations on losing the first thirteen. Discipline and
habits take awhile to solidify and materialize.

Thank you, and I am working at it.

Quote:

It truly is a long term thing. I highly suggest using fitday. It's a little like caloric accounting and a totally rational approach to tangible feedback re: energetic intake and expenditure.

I consistently use the diary and the exercise tools on Fitday, I just don't log in my food right now. However, I was doing it for quite a few months.

Quote:

Have you tried green tea in lieu of coffee? I switched and if I have a cup of coffee now my gut rebels.

I have, but I find it's not flavorful enough for me. I drink chai tea lattes, and it's much lower in caffeine than coffee, and has more mixed in with it than regular tea(it's 1/2 milk) and it works great for me. I get a bad case of the spins from coffee or even normal tea as is -I had 2 cups of reg. tea today and am dizzy and nauseated.

Quote:

So, my recommendation is basically to get tangible feedback, i.e. numbers, follow the diet and "bank" your calories/energy and sweat a little for the joy of it in a way you designate as pleasurable.

Thanks for all your feedback, Wind...it's great. I am working out severeal times a week-I have stubborn fat, that's all. Such is the life of a person on steroids for life, and with asthma pretty seriously. But it will come off more, I know it will. I've gained back 2 from PMS, and that might be why I'm stymied right now. I have faith it'll all turn out, but I just need some reinforcements-kinda like an AA sponsor.
I don't think I was very clear about what I actually Do do, so hopefully this clarifies things. Thanks a million though, I really appreciate the support. maybe I'll get back to logging food on FitDay.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ge the steel toes on, girl!! nt new
      #185870 - 06/12/05 01:46 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks Maria,.. new
      #185872 - 06/12/05 01:48 PM
_Willow

I think I was just having a whiny few days and wanted a million responses. I know it's slow here on the weekends.

I'd appreciate critiquers of my eating. it hink that's what I need, a check and balance system.

I occasionally have "no-no" foods on Heather's diet, and sometimes, I eat too much or too often of safe foods, as well. That's where I need the help.

And I'll be happy to help you gain, too. Actually, just follow what I do, LOL!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Ge the steel toes on, girl!! nt new
      #185900 - 06/12/05 05:17 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think you've got a great self-teaching/coaching attitude, Shannon and this will BE the difference. Are you a coach/teacher, perchance? Think of fitday re: numbers as doing your homework. Budget in treats so you avoid that feeling of deprivation. I know, asthma definitely interferes with the exercise factor! Data really makes a difference, as I've said before. Best wishes.

Hmm, how can you tell??? new
      #185918 - 06/12/05 07:46 PM
_Willow

Yep, a substitute teacher. DYING to be a real teacher. I know how Pinocchio felt when he wanted to be a real boy. So much of my IBS stress is from waiting for a classroom of my own.

I like that, the numbers = doing my homework. Great analogy for me. I always liked homework. just not math!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review