All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 5/18/05
      #179732 - 05/17/05 10:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/18 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/18/05 new
      #179950 - 05/18/05 05:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

MOM, PB&J, mini canned peaches, 1 bowl HNC, banana, luna bar, my hoisin chicken pizza 3 pieces and a little soy ice cream- the lighter kind. cals about 1550.
Exercise: big workout of weights, ball work and 50 min biking. I am still not back to what I was before my trip and cold. I didn't quite reach 12 miles in 50 min. I still have not biked outside yet either since it is so cold and rainy. cals burned 325?
I am short on my liquid intake today, but happy with cals. I just hope I can lose 1 pound per week for 5 weeks or at least before the summer is all over. If only it would warm up!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#179968 - 05/18/05 07:33 PM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

2 Bananas
1 Grilled Chicken Sandwich
1/2 Green Pepper (stuffed w/rice & such)

I need to eat more... I have 7 points left! WooHoo, late night snack!

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

#179969 - 05/18/05 07:41 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

LOL I ate soooo much applesauce today! You'll see!

Pre-breakfast
1/2 cup applesauce
500 ml water

Workout
20 mins interval cardio on treadmill
burned 116 calories

Breakast
1 cup oatmeal with 5 almonds and 3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup egg whites scrambled with 1/2 cup spinach and chiles

Lunch (only 3 hours after breakfast... slept in again :S)
1 can minestrone soup
1 english muffin with 4 slices vegan salami and mustard
1/2 cup applesauce

Dinner (again only 3 hours after lunch... all my hours are condensed today!)
3ish oz chicken breast on a bun with a teeny tiny bit of low fat mayo
1/2 cup applesauce

Snack
1 Luna bar
rice crackers with more vegan salami (so good, but now it's all gone)
that's right! another 1/2 cup applesauce!

Water 8 cups
Better than it has been in a while... I really need to get back into the habit of drinking water all day long. Tomorrow's goal is 10 cups.

1898 calories
24g fat (12%)
311g carbs (60%)
122g protein (28%)

Total cals burned: 2224
(Defecit: 326)

Excuses for the profuse amount of applesauce today: I like to have fruit with pretty much every meal, however the canned pears I bought taste overripe and yucky, I hate raw bananas but I like the frozen - however I haven't gotten around to freezing them yet. So my only real safe and convenient fruit option today was applesauce. LOL I love the stuff

#179982 - 05/18/05 10:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1302 calories (35 minutes Circuit Train - 3 Sets of 20 Reps on each machine ,.... followed by 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2655 calorie food budget.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo (using my pretzels as a spoon), 1oz Pretzels, 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before Gym: 105 calories HALF Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At Gym: 10 calories 3 Altoids water

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 436 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup White Rice, 3 Tablespoons Picanta Sauce, 2 Tablespoons BBQ Sauce & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1634.25 .....Still in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#179995 - 05/19/05 05:32 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hehehe, three cheers for applesauce!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#179999 - 05/19/05 05:39 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Wednesday:

Breakfast - back to the usual: 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk, raisins, cinnamon. OJ w/fiber.
Snack - UFO beverage, banana
Lunch - 1/2 poached chicken breast, sourdough. 2 York peppermints
Snack - honey wheat pretzel sticks
Dinner - UFO, potatoes, strawberries.
Dessert - fruit jellies (too many to count ) and UFO

Excercise - 25 min on elliptical, 20 min walking (including workout warmup/cooldown+dog walk)

FOOT UPDATE: Having a bone scan this AM to make sure there are no hairline fractures that were not visible on the xray. Already went to have the injection of the stuff so they can see my bones when they scan, gotta go back in a few hrs for the scan itself. Sounds pretty low-key. Crossing my fingers that nothing is broken so that I don't have to wear a walking cast!! That would not mesh well w/my wardrobe!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#180021 - 05/19/05 07:17 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi guys! today was a difficult day b/c the food is low again. i made some homemade breads the other night and snacked on them pretty much for breakfast AND lunch! my tummy is full
B-*2 slices/homemade peanutbutter toast
-1C/chamomile tea
L-*2.5 small slices/cinn-sugar cornbread
-*blueberry/peach FF soysmoothie w/1TBSP of acacia
S-*strawberry FF soy smoothie
late dinner [11:30p]-mild cabbage broth w/vegan dumplings[3], mush,seaweed,carrots,tofu and plain noodles

1 dog-walk yesterday, just one block this time. worked in cafe for 4.5 hours mopping,sweeping,lifting and scrubbing--i felt scuzzy.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Retrograde/applesauce new
      #180184 - 05/19/05 05:26 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I can relate. Most mornings, I wake up really nauseated and totally NOT hungry. For years, all I ate was applesauce and bananas. I still eat TONS of applesauce. If there's nothing fresh that my bowels want to cling to--I just eat applesauce.
I remember being so sick that all I would eat was my grandmother's homemade applesauce--for breakfast/lunch/snacks and well even supper (after some no-chicken soup). Homemade pear sauce is really good too.
In high school I would take four cups to school with me. And then I discovered mangos and papaya. I like to eat a lot of fruit/produce to detox from the drugs I take to neurologically manage me.

I agree, re: frozen bananas.

Also, re: beets. Have you ever eaten them for breakfast? Confession: I have and still do. Do you like chard greens/beet greens? If you ever get bored with spinach or are in the mood for a change give them a try.
They are so good with blueberry "ketchup." (I'm one of those despisers of tomatoes). You'd love them in your egg white combos.

Bananas, though, when you have IBS-D can be a saving grace.
They constipate you long enough to get through the a.m., or the day. They also facilitate a good mega-dose of tryptophan for me, my whole skeleton relaxes when I do a banana. They really are healing foods. They give me enough yang.

When I feel bilious, I eat alot of applesauce and bananas. I guess stress makes me hyper-produce bile, and drugs (prescription).

Re: Retrograde/applesauce new
      #180210 - 05/19/05 07:48 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Kate!

Yeah applesauce and bananas are definitely my healing foods too - they're what I eat mostly when I'm reverting to SF-only for a while and I know I can eat them anytime and feel good.

I've been using fresh spinach for my eggs in the morning lately (instead of canned) so I've been considering branching out a little into some other greens - so I'll definitely try some of those that you mentioned.

Blueberry ketchup???? I had to do a double take on that one, esp. with eggs and greens, but it actually does sound quite good. I too gave up tomatoes a while back (my stomach thanks me); I never really like ketchup (so much sugar) but I do miss my eggs and salsa. Anyway, moral of the story is that I just might try that and pick up some blueberries next time I go shopping. Blueberries are so good for you too with all those antioxidants and such. Thanks for the tips (again!) Be well

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review