All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 5/14/05
      #178928 - 05/13/05 11:42 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/14 here.... mine will follow later....

I see my Personal Trainer today at 8am.... I have a really busy day.... after the gym (2 hours) I have a nail & ped appointment and then I will come home and do a little around the house AFTER my nails have hardened!! LOL Then we are going to a dinner party that my Personal Trainer is having at a local restaurant for ALL her clients... WOW....this should be interesting.... I'm just gonna tell her to order for me!! LOL I don't wanna get in trouble for ordering the wrong thing....hehehe. I plan to update all my "Reports" that I'm WAY behind on.... including my weigh in results....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/14/05 new
      #179042 - 05/14/05 05:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I went to a convention today and man that always shows me how far I've come because they used to be torture!
B: m.o.m. (malt o meal) with 1 packet plain oatmeal since I added too much sugar! 325
snacks: 1 1/2 banana, luna, 1 mini peppermint patty, 1 brownie -about 430
lunch: pasta salad, raspberries 400
dinner: bruschetta, pasta primavera made with no oil or cheese about 500
liquid: 2 liters water and 3c tea
exercise: bike 30 minutes and ball work 225 cals maybe
total comsumed 1675 or so. Wow I think I did pretty good today considering.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#179054 - 05/14/05 08:52 PM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

Today was a good day except I still haven't had any BM...I got my glycolax today though! YAY!!! Hopefully tommorrow will be an even better day!
Breakfast: Chrysanthemum Tea and UFO and 1/2 banana
Lunch: Cereal and milk and apricot
Dinner: Artichoke Tortellini, Chicken, and peas with cauliflower
Snacks: 1/2 Turkey sandwich, carrots, and a pickle
Dessert: 2 UFO's!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#179055 - 05/14/05 08:57 PM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

I forgot to list my excersize! I took my dog for a walk today (I actually tired him out!!!), mowed both our lawns (front and back), cleaned up the kitchen, and am about to go play Dance Dance Revolution! It's a really fun game just so everyone knows and you get a great work out from it! Plus I'll probably do some crunches tonight and some yoga poses to wind down.

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#179057 - 05/14/05 09:12 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/14 here.... mine will follow later....

I see my Personal Trainer today at 8am.... I have a really busy day.... after the gym (2 hours) I have a nail & ped appointment and then I will come home and do a little around the house AFTER my nails have hardened!! LOL Then we are going to a dinner party that my Personal Trainer is having at a local restaurant for ALL her clients... WOW....this should be interesting.... I'm just gonna tell her to order for me!! LOL I don't wanna get in trouble for ordering the wrong thing....hehehe. I plan to update all my "Reports" that I'm WAY behind on.... including my weigh in results....

Just got home from dinner... alittle buzzed too... had 3 drinks!! I will report in sometime Sunday!! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#179074 - 05/15/05 07:02 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

1 piece diet toast w/ peanut butter- 3
coffee- 1
soup- 1
grilled cheese- 3
ufo- 1
2 pieces homemade pizza- 8 (?)
ufo- too much!
total: uncalculated, but not great

minus: 1:15 working with personal trainer, who managed to make my arms and abs kill simultanously all morning.

Hopefully today will go better!

#179083 - 05/15/05 08:33 AM
freeda

Reged: 05/08/05
Loc: SW Michigan

For 5/14:

Breakfast: Banana and yogurt

I forgot to eat lunch, so I just had a couple of snacks... 2 WW berry bars and another banana. We were running around doing errands and I didn't want to eat out.

Dinner: Large Wendy's chili w/6 cracker packs and a mini frosty.

Dessert: 1 piece of cake.

Water intake: 40 oz.

Total 27 WW points.

Activity: I went swimming for an hour or so.

The best part: NO ABDOMINAL PAIN, no gas, no bloating, no D, no C. It was a good day.

--------------------
Knowledge is power.

Very Confused new
      #179086 - 05/15/05 08:56 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I'm fairly new, but I am amazed and confused at the types of foods listed in this post. Tons of UFO's which I know are unsafe, yogurt, cheese, milk, frosty (which are all dairy products and totally unsafe), cauliflower and chili, which is gassy and bloating, coffee which is a huge GI trigger, cake...

I'm very confused. I thought most, if not all of these foods, are totally against Heather's diet. I know we all have different triggers, but I thought the dairy, coffee, UFOs, cake were no no's for everyone.

Do you guys follow the diet at all? Or are you stable now and I too will be able to eat these foods one day too? That would be WONDERFUL.

I'm not trying to be shame shaming, honestly. It's just as a new poster, I was shocked to see that anyone on Heather's diet was eating these foods on a regular basis. I've seen postings for cottage cheese too, which is totally dairy. I am totally confused if it is okay to eat/drink these foods, now. Please enlighten me.

Re: Very Confused new
      #179088 - 05/15/05 09:09 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ah, this is why we often code foods as UFO's. To avoid this confusion. Sometimes people are eating safe substitutes (like my coffee, for example) and not explaining it. There's also non-dairy yogurt and cheese. Also, there are plenty of very delicious cakes in Heather's cookbook, so cake is definitely not always a bad food. So sometimes the foods look like no-no's but are safe replacements. Sometimes people are eating the no-no's, a)because IBS is different for everybody and those things don't bother them, or b) because they're cheating and either hope to miraculously avoid the consequences or don't care. Sometimes people want to eat something and don't mind that they'll suffer the consequences. It's all a personal decision. Someday you might get stable enough to risk a tiny Frosty, or you might not want to.

Re: Very Confused new
      #179091 - 05/15/05 09:18 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Thanks for the explanation. So, your really not drinking "real coffee" but something like Teeccino? And the "cheese" is soy cheese or rice cheese, and the yogurt could be soy yogurt? I guess I thought it would just say soy yogurt or rice cheese if it was. And I know they don't make lactose free Frosties! Or lactose free cottage cheese, because I've looked for that one!

Anyhow, thanks for explaining that these may not be safe, but the people are eating them anyways. I think I will forego these. Darn, I was so hoping I had come upon some postings that would bring these foods back into my life safely. Should have known it was too good to be true!

I must say, the UFO postings get me very curious as to what they are! Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks again for the explanation chinagrl.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review