All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/18/05
      #170905 - 04/18/05 12:33 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/18 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/18/05 new
      #170915 - 04/18/05 12:49 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm. Didn't log my foods and think I went overboard. But the good thing about feeling dehydrated today is that I've drank LOADS of water and I don't always make my goal. Plus I think I got a good amount of protein. Veggies wise it was diabolical. Also, exercise was nil.

I've been doing data entry work at home (one reason why no exercise) and my back is now sooo stiff! The rest of me's pretty achey too (reason two for no exercise today...I know it's bad but I just couldn't face being dragged round by Archie ). Gotta go take some painkillers and have a bath before bed methinks.

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/18/05 new
      #170918 - 04/18/05 12:52 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hello! Here is my check in for the day so far:

coffee- 1
noodle soup- 3
ufo- 3
veggie soup- 1
veggie chicken- 8
brocolli- 0
ufo- 4

total: 20

Finally made my points total. Woo-hoo! I am back on the wagon.

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/18/05- my weigh in new
      #170925 - 04/18/05 01:13 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

SOS SOS - I have GAINED another pound, so I am 135, I got down to 131 and started at 133 so I am not happy. So my new goal is to shed three pounds by Friday week- am going to be soo good! (have to be at this stage) Shocked into action!

Breakfast: small portion porridge with honey

Snack: Luna Bar, small banana

Lunch: baguette with tuna, coleslaw and tomato
Pre dinner snack: Rakusen's Herb and Onion 99% fat free crackers (SOOO yummy!) and Cauldron Foods Chickpea and Black Olive pate If you can get your hands on these do it, they are sooo yummy and a great low calorie safe snack.

Dinner: Honey Mustard Chicken with too much brown rice and some stirfry vegetables.

Activities: Walked to work- 3 miles in 35 minutes; took the stairs the whole way to the 7th Floor three times; Gym- did 20 mins bike, 8 mins rower, 12 mins treadmill at 6.5mph- total burned: 402 calories
Water: 70 oz at least!

The sums: BMR : 2282 plus 402 activities= 2684 less food= 2149= 535, 35 calories within my budget.

Comments:
I thought I had done better but my huge portion of rice and big roll at lunchtime instead of my usual sliced bread was almost 100 calories more. Also because I had so little porridge at breakfast I ate a banana and a luna bar before lunch. Am glad i did so much exercise,would be very unhappy to have gone over budget after so much exercise!

BACK ON TRACK

--------------------
S.

Ok...here's my post new
      #171009 - 04/18/05 05:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I had about 7 cookies so far (about 650 cals right there), 2 servings of chips with cheese and sauce (I can't seem to stop eating cheese...), a can of stuffed peppers, a small pack of bamba snacks (Israeli peanut butter puffs), about 5 glasses tomato juice (at least I'm gong to the bathroom!), lotsa water--too much to count. I can't BELIEVE all the fat and junk I consumed

I'm having a hard day. I am cleaning for Passover. We have to get rid of any spec of bread in the house (that's simplifying it really!) So I'm stressed.

I feel disgusting for what I'm eating. But it's comforting me through.

HELP! PLEASE someone give me REBUKE! (Gently of course)

Shell, I'm REALLY proud of you and your accomplishments! i wish I were as strong as you...

P.S. Forgot my activity level! Shopping for over an hour with full cart. Cleaning for about 2 hours. The rest of the day dropping hubby here and there and a friend as well. Playing witht he dog (sitting and throwing her toy), at the computer for maybe 2 hours...and planning to clean/cook more the res of the day!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ok...here's my post new
      #171010 - 04/18/05 05:47 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Quote:

I feel disgusting for what I'm eating. But it's comforting me through.

HELP! PLEASE someone give me REBUKE! (Gently of course)

Hi Ruchie, I'm confused, in one sentence you say it disgusts you and it's comforting??? it doesnt make sense. That's what you would call an "oxymoron"
The best way to avoid eating all that crap is to not have it in your house, get rid of it! when you shop, do so on a full stomach and take a list and stick to it. If it aint there you can't eat it!
hope this was a gentle enough rebuke
R

#171011 - 04/18/05 05:48 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Don't be too hard on yourself, sweetheart. Snacking is good, as long as you take care in what and how much you eat. Maybe try to schedule snacks in, and that way you know when you're going to eat. It might cut down on those spur of the moment decisions. You CAN do this! Hang in there, sweetie! Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#171013 - 04/18/05 05:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hey RGS!

I have food issues I'm afraid. I'm trying to avoid dealing with the absue and the pain I'm enduring while healing from it. It's subconscious but I know enough to know WHY I do it. Now I just need to STOP even tho it hurts a LOT and eating feels comfroting...in the short run...

Thank you for the rebuke! I need to hear that I am WORTH it and that I DO NOT need to eat all the junk.

i think cheese will just have to go. I can't live with the stuff. It makes me crazy For some reason...I'm seriously addicted to the stuff!

I hope I explained why it is comfroting/disgusting at the same time

Thanks again!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#171082 - 04/18/05 07:58 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hi Ruchie, If you truly want to beat the demons then you will.Even though will power and determination are essential I hope that you are getting all the help you need and not trying to do it on your own. There is plenty of help available out there, and though cost can be prohibitive, what cost your health and sanity? Don't know if you've tried the hypno tapes? but they are excellent and the principles can be applied not only to gut specific things, but to addressing all sorts of issues including overeating. You mentioned it's subconscious, and that's exactly where the hypno methods are at work.
Go for it, and all the best!
Ralph

#171154 - 04/18/05 10:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Ralph!

I've done the hypno tapes twice. I must admit...I LOVED them but they didn't work for me too much. I may not have been ready for them yet? I hope to try them again. But I plan to wait until after we move again. I always did the tapes before a move and that may have had some impact, who knows?

I am getting help. But it's a big struggle.

I think some of it IS a matter of just deciding to do it. I think though that part of me (sorry if this is TMI) still blames myself for the abuse and it's a punishment to eat so much. It also keeps men away when you are fat. (Gosh, I feel like crying just saying this!)

On the other hand, I'm trying to heal and I WANT hubby to love me. But it's scary to be close. So I eat. It's scary to feel the pain (part of healing)...so I eat to numb out. This is common in abuse victims.

I WILL be a survivor and I WILL be healed one day. Keep writing to me...it DOES make a difference. I'm so thankful to have friends like you on this board.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 139 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11531

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review