All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I know this is for fitness but.....(need some advice).
      #169428 - 04/13/05 03:31 AM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Okay, I know a lot of you are trying to lose weight but I've been busy reading what you guys eat in a day and I think I've fallen into a really bad habit of not eating enough.
Normally I eat:
AM: (just gotten out of bed) hot decaf tea
10:00-10:30am: 1 bowl of something like rice bubbles or rice porridge (but I skip breakky a lot cause I'm running round to school and day care and play group etc and have those phobia's about the pain I get from eating). Will have another cup of decaf tea afterwards.)
12:45-1:20: lunch is usually 2 pieces of bread with a spread of some sort and a drink.
3:00: (sometimes) snack, usually a bikkie like Arnott's niece (eg)
5:30: I'll sometimes pick at the girls leftovers but not usually and a drink.
7:40pm: Dinner, 2 small potatoes mashed, a piece of chicken or fish and a veg (more often than not broccoli, I'll also have cous cous or polenta in place of the potato when I'm sick of it) and a drink. I'll also have 2 more drinks before bed, sometimes 3.
That's about it really. Am I unintentionally starving myself? Opinions please?!? I'm quite underweight and don't want to be not eating enough.

--------------------
Amy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know this is for fitness but.....(need some advice). new
      #169461 - 04/13/05 05:13 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I have to say that that doesn't sound like much to me. You'd need to work out the calories to be sure tho....that would probably be a good idea.

And this has come up loads before so this is certainly the right forum for it!

#169485 - 04/13/05 06:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'd agree - it's hard to say without counting calories and measuring portion sizes, but it doesn't sound to me like you're eating enough. Dinner sounds just about perfect, btw, but skipping breakfast is never a good idea, and your lunch can easily be more substantial. You could add a bit more in there snack-wise too.

#169648 - 04/13/05 02:43 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I agree with Linz and Casey. It doesn't sound like enough to me. Why don't you try reporting in for a while? It'll keep you accountable for what you eat. It helps. You need to take extra good care of yourself if you're going to have enough energy to deal with your kids on your own. I agree with Casey - eat some breakfast, and increase the lunch and snacks. The more SF you get the better. But I would try to increase the IF a bit, too.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#169718 - 04/13/05 06:15 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hi Amy, if there is one meal you shouldn't skimp on it's breakfast. Allow a bit more time if you have to, but make sure you make it substantial, with more protein in it. Rice bubbles are a bit of a nothing food, too processed with little nutritional value. At lunch try some turkey breast on your sandwiches instead of spread, will most probably be far less in the IBSers worst enemy: Fat
Best
Ralph

Thanks all...... new
      #169740 - 04/13/05 09:29 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

My MIL has made me promise to keep a food diary for her (so I'll have to be accountable to her, she's concerned about the binge eating I have a habit of doing at bedtime) in the hopes that I'll start eating breakky (I skip it partly out of habit and partly because food in the morning just makes me feel ill when I think about it so I tend to gag my way through it-gross, sorry TMI). I can't have turkey on my sandwhiches Ralph cause they contain a natural food chemical called Amines which I'm pretty sure I'm intolerant to, also rules out all hams, a lot of veges and a lot of fruits. My spread isn't really fatty, usually honey, occasionally peanut butter and sometimes jam. Dinners probably my best meal of the day, and I'm a bit too scared to add more insoluable fibre cause I already get D a lot from what little I have! I will make an effort to eat more, and pop in to let you know how I'm going (don't want to bore you all with the details every day) but thanks for the advice. Right, where are those crackers?

--------------------
Amy

#170891 - 04/18/05 11:56 AM
MikeE

Reged: 03/31/05
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've found www.fitday.com to be extreemly helpful in keeping track of what I eat and how much of everything I'm getting in a day. Excellent website for doing this. Plus you can make your profile public and let people take a look at what you are eating if you need help.

Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2461

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review