All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/13/05
      #169412 - 04/12/05 10:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/13 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gonna report now while I am still awake new
      #169627 - 04/13/05 01:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: cream of wheat no raisins 235
lunch and snacks: 3 bananas, 2 muffins, 1 luna 170, PB&J, pretzels 1050
Dinner: haven't eaten yet -guessing- velvet chicken, rice and broccoli 350
total 1635- better than yesterday. I feel chubby today.
exercise: worked all day
water: ok by nighttime I will improve it.
other: I leave for UK tomorrow at 7:00 PM. I am taking 20 Luna bars! (also oatmeal packets, tea bags, water and muffin and PB&J for dinner etc.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/13/05 new
      #169750 - 04/13/05 10:14 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 947 calories (10 minutes on Elliptical, Turbo Kick Boxing) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2083 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 271 calories cup Special K w/1 cup Vanilla Soy Milk, 1 Tsp Sugar (I'll cut sugar in 1/2 next time too), Kiwi & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 395 calories 3oz Mini Tuna w/Light Mayo and Pickle on 1 Sliced French Bread, 3oz Tuna w/Light Mayo (using my pretzels as a spoon ), 1 oz Pretzels & Water

Before Gym: 228 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk), Teaspoon Dry Roasted Peanuts (like 8 of them) & Water

At Gym: 10 calories 3 Altoids & water

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 380 calories 10" Flour Tortilla Wrap w/3oz Chicken Breast Chopped Up, 1/2 cup Basmati Rice, 2 Tablespoons Picanti Salsa, Black Pepper, Mrs. Dash Mesquite Seasoning and Garlic Powder (one more night of the same thing and then I will be changing to a new dinner menu to be determined) & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 96 oz

Total of 1729.25 .....still in my food budget

--------------------

13/4 Report new
      #169758 - 04/14/05 03:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I should be expelled from this board. Am bored so eating lots. And being bold. I am a very bad example and have shamed myself into reporting this disaster. Next week will be different. (it had better be!)

Breakfast: Porridge and banana
Lunch: foccacia with chicken and peppers and pesto
Snack: UFO 250 cals, UFO 120 cals at work, Peanut M&Ms while bowling
Dinner (out with work)- greasy tiger prawns, satay vegetables with rice and veg (way too saucy and fatty); stewed apple for dessert.

Haven't the will to count the cals, lets just say a generic "over budget"
Activities: one hour bowling.

I really wanted to be good this week but have been eating out of boredom.

Not stable after weekend of overindulgence either so I really need to take more care, got cramps after eating and had to leave the restaurant early.

Today is another day............

--------------------
S.

REPORTING IN - 4/13/05 new
      #169772 - 04/14/05 05:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

BMR (+ lifestyle) 1724 + activity 219 = 1943

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (224)

AM Snacks: toast w/ jam (225), luna bar (180)

Lunch: baked polenta w/ tomato sauce & soy parmesan, more bread (340)

PM Snacks: a few jellybeans (50), 2 tea biscuits (32), apple jacks (260)

Dinner: orange chicken & rice (333), green beans (22), pineapple juice w/ seltzer (65)

Drinks: 58oz

Food & drinks total: 1803

Activity:
walk to PO carrying pkgs, walk back empty-handed = 56
68 min hatha yoga = 163

I have a feeling that today (the 14th) isn't going to be nearly so good... I have some pretty awful PMS-related D and I feel lousy. So likely no activity for me, and I'll probably eat way too much bread... I'll be back to reporting tomorrow.

#169780 - 04/14/05 05:49 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

What's your secret for tea biscuits? I LOVE biscuits but they're generally too high in fat for me to tolerate most of the time. What kind do you buy or make?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#169816 - 04/14/05 07:56 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello, I'm back again! I had my unofficial weigh-in yesterday and I lost another 1/2 lb - down to 134.25. YAY! I was sure I was going to at best have no change, or possibly gain this week since I skipped afew workouts and had a few extra treats. I also don't feel or look thinner. Well, I haven't taken a poll or anything on the latter , but to ME I don't look thinner. But I guess all that matters is some of my pants fit better.

Since I am reporting already, here's Wednesday (didn't put it in Fitday so I don't know cals):
Breakfast - 1/2 serv of oatmeal with soymilk, cinnamon and golden raisins. OJ w/ fiber.
Snack - apple, UFO beverage
Lunch - hummus and veggie wrap sandwich with flatbread.
snack - quaker chewy granola bar - choc chip (oops! had to visit the vending machine since I forgot to bring a second healthy snack from home )
Pre-dinner - handfull dried apricots
Dinner - From IBS cookbook - the salmon/potatoes/greens with mustard dill sauce. Big hit with the parents! 3/4 of a dinner roll, strawberries.
Dessert - few fruit jellies

Excercise - 25 min on elliptical (including cool down), 5 min walking. Felt like I was getting a cold, so dropped the intensity a bit.

Water - probably hit close to 80 oz today - little more than usual since I was feeling a little sick.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#169957 - 04/14/05 04:12 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I bet you'll never find these... because I can't get them anymore either, making me really, really glad that I bought a dozen packages when I could!

The brand is Sabbo, and they make a plain or a vanilla tea biscuit. 16 calories apiece, I think it's 1.5g fat for the two-cookie serving. That might make it a little high percentage-wise, but they work for me. They're light and not too sweet, and completely dairy and egg free.

I found them in a local discount/surplus/salvage warehouse sort of place. I have no idea what I'll eat when I run out of my stash!

Re: 13/4 Report new
      #170216 - 04/15/05 01:07 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I should be expelled from this board. Am bored so eating lots. And being bold. I am a very bad example and have shamed myself into reporting this disaster. Next week will be different. (it had better be!) Hey, we ALL have our bad weeks.... don't beat yourself up over it PLEASE!!

Breakfast: Porridge and banana
Lunch: foccacia with chicken and peppers and pesto
Snack: UFO 250 cals, UFO 120 cals at work, Peanut M&Ms while bowling
Dinner (out with work)- greasy tiger prawns, satay vegetables with rice and veg (way too saucy and fatty); stewed apple for dessert.

Haven't the will to count the cals, lets just say a generic "over budget" lol
Activities: one hour bowling.

I really wanted to be good this week but have been eating out of boredom. go for a walk instead...?

Not stable after weekend of overindulgence either so I really need to take more care, got cramps after eating and had to leave the restaurant early.

Today is another day............ YES, it is!!

--------------------

#170218 - 04/15/05 01:10 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

BMR (+ lifestyle) 1724 + activity 219 = 1943

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (224)

AM Snacks: toast w/ jam (225), luna bar (180)

Lunch: baked polenta w/ tomato sauce & soy parmesan, more bread (340) yum

PM Snacks: a few jellybeans (50), 2 tea biscuits (32), apple jacks (260)

Dinner: orange chicken & rice (333), green beans (22), pineapple juice w/ seltzer (65) HEY, this would work for me too!!

Drinks: 58oz

Food & drinks total: 1803

Activity:
walk to PO carrying pkgs, walk back empty-handed = 56
68 min hatha yoga = 163 great

I have a feeling that today (the 14th) isn't going to be nearly so good... I have some pretty awful PMS-related D and I feel lousy. sorry to hear that... So likely no activity for me, and I'll probably eat way too much bread... I'll be back to reporting tomorrow. see ya then...

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review