All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161333 - 03/16/05 09:39 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/17 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161483 - 03/17/05 11:10 AM
Shell Marr

Lets see how many of us have green beer in our reports for today!!

--------------------

LOL! Not me! new
      #161504 - 03/17/05 11:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I *HATE* beer - green or otherwise!

But speaking of UFO's, I did almost decide to make corned beef and cabbage for dinner... it's one of my all-time favorite meals, seriously. But now I've decided I'm too lazy to go to the store and buy the stuff, so I'm safe.

Re: LOL! Not me! new
      #161510 - 03/17/05 11:45 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I *HATE* beer - green or otherwise! LOL... I'm safe there too!

But speaking of UFO's, I did almost decide to make corned beef and cabbage for dinner... it's one of my all-time favorite meals, seriously. But now I've decided I'm too lazy to go to the store and buy the stuff, so I'm safe. about an hour ago...I was thinking the same thing...but then realized that was NOT smart.... and was proud of myself! hehehe

--------------------

#161515 - 03/17/05 11:51 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

I *HATE* beer - green or otherwise!
me too!!!
But speaking of UFO's, I did almost decide to make corned beef and cabbage for dinner... it's one of my all-time favorite meals, seriously. But now I've decided I'm too lazy to go to the store and buy the stuff, so I'm safe.

OOO No way that would be the death of me. Cabbage and I don't agree.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#161516 - 03/17/05 11:52 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hmmm...St. Paddy's day has passed me by. I'll save my Irish UFOs for the Dublin trip!

Today...Hmmm.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana. 2 glasses water. Rooisbos with soy milk.

Snacks: 2 pears. Pumpkin seeds. 2 1/2 ADBs - bad afternoon. 2 cups Rooibos. 2 glasses water.

Lunch: Veggie soup. 2 slices bread with a little soy marg.

Dinner: Chinese!

So I think I'm down on water and up on veggies .

Need to start counting calories again soon. Today was a very tired day...hence the ADBs... very VERY bad.

so excited I have to make 2 posts a day new
      #161521 - 03/17/05 12:01 PM
Little Minnie

breakfast: cream of wheat and toast- no raisins 450 cals.
snack: 2 bananas and luna bar 380 cals.
lunch: (pretty proud) diced sweet potato, with an egg beater omelet with mushroom, tomato and soy cheese which was gross. I really filled myself up with it! 335 cals or so.
water 50 oz so far
exercise: did crunches and ball exercises first thing. Walked a little. Going down to exercise now. I am really bloated after lunch and with my "friend" and so I need to burn it out.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#161527 - 03/17/05 12:19 PM
atomic rose

Thankfully, cabbage does agree with me... I'm sure I'd regret the fatty beef, though.

Reporting in and St Patrick's Day new
      #161567 - 03/17/05 01:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have NEVER had green beer!!- its a foreign thing- I have never seen it over here on St Patrick's Day only in France (that's the only country other than Ireland I have ever been for the day itself)

I have also NEVER had cornbeef and cabbage! I have had cornbeef cold in sandwiches but dont know anyone who has it for dinner! We have boiled bacon (a joint of it) with cabbage and turnip and mashed potato and white sauce...yummmeee!

I didn't do anything festive today, used it as a recovery day with P. We went for a lovely long walk by the beach as it was a gloriously mild and sunny day and we had good chats about the weddding etc..anyway...

My unfestive report:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy chocolate milk

Lunch: Wrap with Tuna, RF mayo, sweetcorn, tomato

Dinner: Prawn Stirfy with corn, spinach, peppers, beansprouts, bamboo shoots and mushroom onion brown rice a very big helping

Dessert: Some Babyfood fruit compote

Snacks Some freshly squeezed orange juice after our long walk
Luna Bar
Water: 95 oz so far (my goal is 70)

Activites: LOTS today- we walked about 3 miles by the beach, I ironed for an hour and hoovered for 15 minutes.
Calories burned through activities: 318

TOTAL CALORIES CONSUMED: 1808

BMR 2320 plus 318 activities= 2638. I consumed 1808 calories so have a surplus of 830

Health update: I am going back to work tomorrow! I have 5 more antibs to take but I am soo much better!

Finally, I am so proud of myself today as my eating choices have given me my best results ever on the nutritional info report on fitday..the only one I haven't made my RDA on today is Calcium and I still got 92% RDA(I KNOW this is important so I am going to get a supplement)
Yay!

Next week will be a LOT different as I go back to work properly though...be strong Sinéad....be strong...

--------------------
S.

Edited by cailin (03/17/05 02:48 PM)

My beer-free but still pretty crappy report
      #161597 - 03/17/05 03:05 PM
atomic rose

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: spinach-mushroom omelet & 2 slices toast w/ lite margarine
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, lemon cake, junior mints
Dinner: lemongrass-ginger ramen w/ vegetables
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz

Food & drinks total: 1953
Fruits & veggies: peaches, spinach, banana, carrots, green beans = 5

Activity: nothin'

Not spectacular... but I actually did a lot better than I thought I was going to do. I'm already depressed about how my life is going right now, and then I'm PMS'ing on top of that, and then Adam and I fought all day on top of THAT. At one point I completely flipped out... went to the kitchen, ate 2 servings of honeycomb, 2 slices of lemon cake, and a box of Junior Mints, one after the other. Not surprisingly, I felt like hell after that, and all I could do was sleep it off.

I'm still upset, but so far, I'm restraining myself from any more stupid emotional binge-eating.

Casey new
      #161598 - 03/17/05 03:14 PM
cailin

Sorry to hear that things aren't so good at the moment. All things considered you did OK today. I am desperate for comfort eating. I do it all the time. And if I had lemon cake in the house it wouldn't last five minutes so don't be too hard on yourself.

Hope you and Adam have made up.

Hugs,

--------------------
S.

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #161624 - 03/17/05 04:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I had a cold. It went away. Awful cold sores. Still have em Then came the UTI AND sinus probs.

But I GOT BACK on track. I'm eating right again (had a bit of a lapse) AND I exsercised for 40 mins SO FAR today (havn't done anything in at least 2 weeks!)

16 mins biking, 5 or more marching in place, 5 or more dancing/aerobic style, the rest I HOLA HOOPED and used it as a jump rope intermittenly!

I need variety WITHIN my 40 mins! LOL I just got bored on the bike and decided...there are no rules. Why not mix things up abit. I had a BLAST!

Oh...on the bike I read. I treated myself to Prvention Mag, Women's World, AND a new book *eyes light up* (I LOVE reading and rarely get new books!) I bought "French Women Never Get Fat" Anyone read it? So far I just started it...but I like it already.

Food so far today :

1 half golden delicious apple
4 small dried apricot pieces
Almost 400 calories worth veggie meal
2.5 oz. salmon
1 cup tomato soup (90 calories or so)
1 corn think (24 calories)
Stuffed peppers (300 calories...loads ofoil tho!)

I feel GOOD!

Ooh..and bought myself a hooded shirt at WalMart....and I bought myself some Smart Water (splurge!)

AND I only spent $150 total on groceries INCLUDING the mags and the new book!

I'm REACHING my goals! *yeah!*

Happy day!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Checking in new
      #161676 - 03/17/05 06:08 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi everyone,

Breakfast and lunch were the same as the last two days. Dinner went downhill from there. I put my rabbit to sleep today. My vet would not work with me on spacing out the payments. With my husband and myself both being out if work, surgery for the rabbit was not possible. I loved him, he was only four years old.

#161682 - 03/17/05 06:57 PM
Little Minnie

You have my condolences. Losing pets is very hard. hugs!

--------------------

Re: Reporting in and St Patrick's Day new
      #161684 - 03/17/05 07:08 PM
Little Minnie

Quote:

I have NEVER had green beer!!- its a foreign thing- I have never seen it over here on St Patrick's Day only in France (that's the only country other than Ireland I have ever been for the day itself)

I have also NEVER had cornbeef and cabbage! I have had cornbeef cold in sandwiches but dont know anyone who has it for dinner! We have boiled bacon (a joint of it) with cabbage and turnip and mashed potato and white sauce...yummmeee! LOL There was a movie where Brad Pitt played an Irish guy that came here and the family made him corned beef and cabbage and he didn't know what it was and it was kind of jokey.

I didn't do anything festive today, used it as a recovery day with P. We went for a lovely long walk by the beach as it was a gloriously mild and sunny day and we had good chats about the weddding etc..anyway...

My unfestive report:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy chocolate milk
hmm that always sounds better than it tastes.
Lunch: Wrap with Tuna, RF mayo, sweetcorn, tomato

Dinner: Prawn Stirfy with corn, spinach, peppers, beansprouts, bamboo shoots and mushroom onion brown rice a very big helping
I am always impressed by your dinners. they sound so fancy.

Luna Bar
Water: 95 oz so far (my goal is 70)

Activites: LOTS today- we walked about 3 miles by the beach, I ironed for an hour and hoovered for 15 minutes.

BMR 2320 plus 318 activities= 2638. I consumed 1808 calories so have a surplus of 830

Health update: I am going back to work tomorrow! I have 5 more antibs to take but I am soo much better!

Finally, I am so proud of myself today as my eating choices have given me my best results ever on the nutritional info report on fitday..the only one I haven't made my RDA on today is Calcium and I still got 92% RDA(I KNOW this is important so I am going to get a supplement)
Yay!

Next week will be a LOT different as I go back to work properly though...be strong Sinéad....be strong...

--------------------

hugs, that sounds like a bad day! -nt new
      #161686 - 03/17/05 07:09 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

second half of day post new
      #161689 - 03/17/05 07:17 PM
Little Minnie

Tidied basement and spasmed my back/hip really bad. I exercised anyway as I don't work again for a week and so would have time to recover. Did 50 minutes bike.
Dinner: turkey, blue ****** wraps with pears, walnuts, craisins and greens. Had fiber tea during dinner. 600 cals (that seems high! but got totals at Calorie king.)
Dessert: sorbet 100 cals

Total cals: 1865 not as good as yesterday
fruit & veg: 7
water/tea 70+ oz

I have a therma care wrap on my back right now and I know this spasming thing goes away pretty easily. Tomorrow is last rehab session.
Ack! I had one ADB today too.

--------------------

#161694 - 03/17/05 07:44 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Thank you for your simpathy. I have been crying since Saturday. Now he has crossed over "Rainbow Bridge". He is in a better place.

#161698 - 03/17/05 08:18 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - Oatmeal w/ maple syrup and rice milk, jar of baby food pears
Lunch - leftover spaghetti sauce over linguini
Snack - grapes and chips
Snack - pretzels
Dinner - grilled chicken breast and fries (I went out to eat and everything I ordered came back wrong... I ended up eating waffle fries and I wish I didn't )
Water - at least 80oz
Evening Snack - 1/2 grapefruit

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Edited by RachelT (03/18/05 06:58 AM)

#161703 - 03/17/05 08:58 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 729 calories 60 minutes on Elliptical) - 1272 less calories to get to my goal = 1842 calorie food budget.

Breakfast: 240 calories Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar, 16oz Peppermint Tea w/4 Tsp Sugar & Water

Lunch : 352 calories Brought lunch from home today....Tuna in water w/RF Mayo and Pickle, 1 Mini ADB Bite & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order : 410 calories 15 Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar, 1 Mini ADB Bite, 1 roll Smarties, 1 UFO & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 527 calories BIG Bowl of Veg Chili w/Spiral Pasta & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1538.25 calories

Total Water intake SO FAR = 88 oz

I WILL have UFO w/water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 1788.25 .....still in my food budget!!

--------------------

REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161704 - 03/17/05 09:19 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Here is my Report for today:
Exercise: 30 minute elliptical and 10 minutes weight lifting = 181 calories burned.

Food Budget = 1390 calories.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna bar and half a can of peaches (in juice, but drained) = 230 calories

Lunch: Turkey sandwich from subway = 331 calories

Dinner: Shell's Turkey Meatloaf (OH MY GOD, it was SOO good!!! I thought it would be good, but didn't think it would be THAT good! I was SO impressed, I am so happy I tried it - I will DEFINITELY make it again, it came out totally perfect!!) 2 servings! with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus = ??? I need some help here 'cause I dunno how many are in either the potatoes OR the meatloaf!!

Total of... 561 calories + Dinner??
Dunno!
Water: Met my 80 oz goal!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#161705 - 03/17/05 09:52 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh god I'm not even going to tell you what I ate today... today was a really rough day. I was up all last night madly trying to get my thesis paper done, which didn't happen, so I was in the library all day madly trying to get it done, which eventually did happen :P Drank loads of water because that's all they'll let you bring in there. I was massively hungry all day but just kept snacking on rice cakes and bagels I had stashed with me (covertly so the librarians wouldn't see me, lol).

When I got home late and starving, Andrew (my bf) had made me this delicious pasta dish - he's so sweet! It totally made me feel better after a very stressful day.

Anyway, that's done with now so tomorrow will be better. Going to try to get a decent amount of sleep tonight to make up for last night and then hit the gym + yoga tomorrow morning.

YEAH!!!! new
      #161707 - 03/17/05 09:54 PM
retrograde

Good for you Ruchie, YOU ROCK!!
Glad to hear things are going so well for you girl, congrats!!

ps I haven't read 'French Women Don't Get Fat'... is it a novel?

#161709 - 03/17/05 09:56 PM
retrograde

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your rabbit, that's gotta be one of THE hardest things to do in life. Hugs

#161745 - 03/18/05 03:56 AM
cailin

Quote:

I am always impressed by your dinners. they sound so fancy.

LOL Tamara- I just have been eating whats in the freezer and fridge- have you noticed that there have been peppers, mushrooms and spinach in nearly every meal? I have been trying to get veggies into me and its been workig, nothing fancy though, and no recipes usually, I just throw whatever I have into a wok or pan and work away! Anything with prawns and peppers is ALWAYS a hit with me

How is your back? I had back spasm once and it was horrendous. I got some exercises to do to help it, I can try to describe them if you don't have any- they are all about stretching out the spine.

--------------------
S.

Re: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #161746 - 03/18/05 04:04 AM
cailin

Great work Ruchie! keep it up, its keeping you well.

--------------------
S.

Karen..so sorry to hear.. new
      #161748 - 03/18/05 04:07 AM
cailin

Karen,
I am really to sorry to hear about the awful decision you had to make, I hope you are doing OK.

--------------------
S.

#161754 - 03/18/05 04:30 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

37 points. I got so discouraged I gave up. 15 flex points used.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

HansSolo!! new
      #161755 - 03/18/05 05:19 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

Please do not give up. Treat each new day as a new opportunity to SUCCEED!!! And you will.

When I first started back to watching my weight (and counting WW pts) remember me posting on here about how hard it was. I almost thought it was impossible to eat this way and still lose weight. Well, I've lost a couple of pounds and am now more determined than ever to keep at it. I've found some items that are safe and low in pts and I depend on them.

Are you writing down absolutely everything you eat? Every BLT (bite, lick, taste)? Have you shown your journal to your WW leader? Even if you are not exercising but are sticking to your pts. you should see weight coming off.

Stick with it and it will happen. Why don't you post your day's menu on here instead of just listing the pts. That might help.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are sooo hungry and just reaching for things, have some WW soup on hand, and all their breads, bagels and muffins. All are low in pts. And with some protein (a smear of peanut butter, lowfat turkey, egg whites) you will be satisfied.

OK, today, Friday, March 18, you WILL stay within target pts. I'll be looking for your posting!!
Cindy

Re: HansSolo!! new
      #161756 - 03/18/05 05:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks Cindy. I will post not just my points but what I eat today. Shell is going to help me count the calories too just as an extra check.
I know you're right. It's just so frustrating - I"ve been starving myself for a month for NOTHING!
I think you're right about the BLT's. No, I have not been counting them. I really didn't think I was doing it very much, but maybe that's the difference. I will try to get my activity points in for today, too. Thanks for your encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without this board. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive.
Hugs, Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: YEAH!!!! new
      #161759 - 03/18/05 05:52 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Laurel *hugs*

It is a novel! I wonder what you'd make of it? So far it teaches that it's good to ENJOY your food and derive pleasure from it. It also teaches that variety is import. as well as movement. I like the pleasure from food part best! It is also explains that we really only taste the 1st few bites we eat! So if you INSIST on something high in dalories fat...say on holiday...have a FEW BITES! Savor it...and eat it slowly...as if you were eating something worth a LOT of money...it's worth a LOT of calories! (Ok...so those are my words...) LOL

It's a fun read! Enjoyable

She also mentions how eating should be a gourmet sit-down affair. I'm game!

What are you reading these days Laurel? Aou doing? And HOW are you doing?

Btw...I had about 1,900 calroies...sounds sufficient? Strill having a touhg time with all the numbers

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#161775 - 03/18/05 06:21 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

OK day, although joints hurt from medication, which spoilt yoga a bit.

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Sandwich
Dinner - Grilled chicken and citrus cous cous
Snacks - Chocolate biscuits (oops)

Exercise - Walked dog, gardening and 1 hour yoga

Yahoooo on finishing your thesis Laurel...what was it on n-t new
      #161797 - 03/18/05 07:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#161802 - 03/18/05 07:39 AM
retrograde

Hey Ruchie!

That book sounds really intersting, if I see it in a store I'll pick it up and have a look. I agree, I often think we don't *enjoy* food enough anymore - socially and culturally and stuff. It's all about sustenance and calories - especially with IBS, it's so hard to make food a celebration when you're worried about what you're putting in your mouth! Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

I'm doing good! So much stuff due for school in the next few weeks but I'm handling the stress pretty well. I'm reading (not surprisingly) mostly stuff for school right now. Lots of postcolonial lit (which is part of my degree - postcolonial lit and critical cultural theory - lol it's a mouthful) like Australian poetry and African novels, and lots of philosophy stuff too, Foucault, Arnold, Neitzche, etc.

1900 calories sounds good to me - that's what I try to eat (around) every day. Have you tried fitday at all? It makes the numbers part easy.

I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you Ruchie - as always your happiness is contagious

Re: Yahoooo on finishing your thesis Laurel...what was it on n-t new
      #161803 - 03/18/05 07:41 AM
retrograde

Representation of aboriginals in Australian and Canadian lit

It's paper one of two for this thesis, the next one's due in a few weeks - but then I'm DONE (before exams) !

#161822 - 03/18/05 08:31 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hi everyone! TGIF. Hopefully I can get this done quick before my mtg.

Breakfast - 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk and golden raisins, OJ w/fiber, mint tea
Snack - apple, coffe w/the works
lunch - hummus veggie wrap again (no avacado this time)
Snack - Chewy trail mix bar
Dinner - UFO MANIA!!! Unexpected dinner out w/the 'rents after looking at a condo. But in my defense I DID order a plain baked potato and steamed veggies as my sides.

Excercise - none, due to condo search and dinner out

Water - approx 60 oz.

Have started tracking on fitday again . . . think I really need to quantify if I want to see results. An article I read in Runner's World said my calories should be about 1800/day. It seems scary to cut much more - I think I am pretty close to that now. Guess I will just have to get my foot completely better so that I can start running again and get my calorie deficit that way rather than cutting food.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

You HAVE to send me a copy! new
      #161829 - 03/18/05 09:06 AM
Snow for Sarala

That sounds absolutely FASCINTAING! Howd you decide to write on this subject? VERY cool!

P.S. My e-mail is Ruchily@yahoo.com

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#161840 - 03/18/05 09:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hey Laurel! I have a bit of a hard time with FitDay. I couldn't find sweet potatoes there or a number of other things I eat...like just a plin avacado for example. Maybe I'm doing something wrong--any suggestions?

Your degree/schooling sounds fascinating! Do you enjoy it? It DOES sound like a lot...that's for sure! Any idea what you plan to do when you graduate? You'd be a FAB professor!

Thanks for the compliment Laurel YOUR information and love of life and culture is contageous as well!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I guess I never even posted early yesterday,... my all over crappy day new
      #161850 - 03/18/05 10:08 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

cheerios with rice milk and acacia
luna bar and piece of banana bread
2 more luna bars and 2 more pieces of banan bread - someone stole my lunch from the fridge at work! they took the container of hummus, broke the bottom out and put it back ont he dirty fridge shelf. I picked it up to have all the hummus ont he shelf and me!
1 more luna bar then car accident! (see other forum)
DH made me tomato soup (progresso hearty tomato is safe) with crackers and acacia for dinner before I took meds last night!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Laurel...off subject, be sure to check out "Get Together Board" -nt- new
      #161857 - 03/18/05 10:21 AM
Shell Marr

--------------------

#161981 - 03/18/05 04:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hmmm...St. Paddy's day has passed me by. I'll save my Irish UFOs for the Dublin trip! sounds like a good plan!

Today...Hmmm.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and a banana. 2 glasses water. Rooisbos with soy milk.

Snacks: 2 pears. Pumpkin seeds. 2 1/2 ADBs - bad afternoon. 2 cups Rooibos. 2 glasses water.

Lunch: Veggie soup. 2 slices bread with a little soy marg. you know...I'm really enjoying soups myself these days...

Dinner: Chinese! UUmm.. I'd kill for some deep fried almond chicken smothered in sauce!! LOL JUST KIDDING.... (no really I would)...hehehe

So I think I'm down on water and up on veggies . better then being up on crap!!

Need to start counting calories again soon. Today was a very tired day...hence the ADBs hehehe hope you day is better... ... very VERY bad.

--------------------

Re: so excited I have to make 2 posts a day new
      #161982 - 03/18/05 04:05 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

breakfast: cream of wheat and toast- no raisins 450 cals.
snack: 2 bananas and luna bar 380 cals.
lunch: (pretty proud) diced sweet potato, with an egg beater omelet with mushroom, tomato and soy cheese which was gross. I really filled myself up with it! 335 cals or so. it all sounds good to me!!
water 50 oz so far
exercise: did crunches and ball exercises first thing. Walked a little. Going down to exercise now. I am really bloated after lunch and with my "friend" and so I need to burn it out. go burn it up!! wwooohhooo!!

--------------------

#161983 - 03/18/05 04:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I have also NEVER had cornbeef and cabbage! I have had cornbeef cold in sandwiches but dont know anyone who has it for dinner! We have boiled bacon (a joint of it) with cabbage and turnip and mashed potato and white sauce...yummmeee!

That is just too funny...that you don't have those things there!!

My unfestive report:

Breakfast: Rice Krispies with soy chocolate milk again yum!!

Lunch: Wrap with Tuna, RF mayo, sweetcorn are those the little tiny ones in a can usually sold in the Asian section of the store near the bamboo shoots? , tomato

Luna Bar
Water: 95 oz so far (my goal is 70) WWooohhooooooo

Activites: LOTS today- we walked about 3 miles by the beach, I ironed for an hour and hoovered LOL...I got a kick out of this... you mean what I call vaccuming? for 15 minutes.

Health update: I am going back to work tomorrow! I have 5 more antibs to take but I am soo much better! Oh, good!!

Yay! very cool...I'm proud of ya!!

Next week will be a LOT different as I go back to work properly though...be strong Sinéad....be strong... Yes, be strong!!

--------------------

Re: My beer-free but still pretty crappy report new
      #161984 - 03/18/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: saltine crackers
Breakfast: the usual
Lunch: spinach-mushroom omelet & 2 slices toast w/ lite margarine
Snacks: honeycomb, banana, lemon cake, junior mints
Dinner: lemongrass-ginger ramen w/ vegetables
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer, 2 glasses water = 80oz

Great job!!

Food & drinks total: 1953
Fruits & veggies: peaches, spinach, banana, carrots, green beans = 5

Activity: nothin'

Not spectacular... but I actually did a lot better than I thought I was going to do. I'm already depressed about how my life is going right now, and then I'm PMS'ing on top of that, and then Adam and I fought all day on top of THAT. At one point I completely flipped out... went to the kitchen, ate 2 servings of honeycomb, 2 slices of lemon cake, and a box of Junior Mints, one after the other. Not surprisingly, I felt like hell after that, and all I could do was sleep it off. Oh sweetie....I wish I could help you out more... it makes me so sad to see you like this....

I'm still upset, but so far, I'm restraining myself from any more stupid emotional binge-eating.

--------------------

Re: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #161985 - 03/18/05 04:15 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I had a cold. It went away. Awful cold sores. Still have em Then came the UTI AND sinus probs.

But I GOT BACK on track. I'm eating right again (had a bit of a lapse) AND I exsercised for 40 mins SO FAR today (havn't done anything in at least 2 weeks!) wwwooohhhhooo...this is GREAT!!

16 mins biking, 5 or more marching in place, 5 or more dancing/aerobic style, the rest I HOLA HOOPED and used it as a jump rope intermittenly! COOL!!

I need variety WITHIN my 40 mins! LOL I just got bored on the bike and decided...there are no rules. Why not mix things up abit. I had a BLAST! great attitude... make it fun!!

Oh...on the bike I read. I treated myself to Prvention Mag, Women's World, AND a new book *eyes light up* (I LOVE reading and rarely get new books!) I bought "French Women Never Get Fat" Anyone read it? So far I just started it...but I like it already.

Food so far today :

1 half golden delicious apple
4 small dried apricot pieces
Almost 400 calories worth veggie meal
2.5 oz. salmon
1 cup tomato soup (90 calories or so)
1 corn think (24 calories)
Stuffed peppers (300 calories...loads ofoil tho!)

I feel GOOD!

Ooh..and bought myself a hooded shirt at WalMart....and I bought myself some Smart Water I need to get me some of this... does it really make you smarter? hehehe just playing!! (splurge!)

AND I only spent $150 total on groceries INCLUDING the mags and the new book!

I'm REACHING my goals! *yeah!* I'm so proud of you.... keep it up!!

Happy day!

--------------------

#161986 - 03/18/05 04:16 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Breakfast and lunch were the same as the last two days. Dinner went downhill from there. I put my rabbit to sleep today. My vet would not work with me on spacing out the payments. With my husband and myself both being out if work, surgery for the rabbit was not possible. I loved him, he was only four years old. I'm so sorry.... take care of YOU! {{HUGS}}

--------------------

Re: second half of day post new
      #161987 - 03/18/05 04:18 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Tidied basement and spasmed my back/hip really bad. I exercised anyway as I don't work again for a week and so would have time to recover. Did 50 minutes bike. wOW....you did get a nice workout in there...
Dinner: turkey, blue ****** wraps with pears, walnuts, craisins and greens. Had fiber tea during dinner. 600 cals (that seems high! but got totals at Calorie king.)
Dessert: sorbet 100 cals

Total cals: 1865 not as good as yesterday
fruit & veg: 7
water/tea 70+ oz good

I have a therma care wrap on my back right now and I know this spasming thing goes away pretty easily. Tomorrow is last rehab session.
Ack! I had one ADB today too. that's ok... at least you did not eat the whole pan!!

--------------------

#161989 - 03/18/05 04:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pre-Breakfast - graham crackers
Breakfast - Oatmeal w/ maple syrup and rice milk, jar of baby food pears hahaha... your gonna have to share that soon!! lol
Lunch - leftover spaghetti sauce over linguini
Snack - grapes and chips
Snack - pretzels
Dinner - grilled chicken breast and fries (I went out to eat and everything I ordered came back wrong... I ended up eating waffle fries and I wish I didn't ) oh, that sucks!
Water - at least 80oz good girl!
Evening Snack - 1/2 grapefruit

--------------------

#161990 - 03/18/05 04:21 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all!
Here is my Report for today:
Exercise: 30 minute elliptical and 10 minutes weight lifting = 181 calories burned. good!!

Food Budget = 1390 calories.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna bar and half a can of peaches (in juice, but drained) = 230 calories

Lunch: Turkey sandwich from subway = 331 calories

Dinner: Shell's Turkey Meatloaf (OH MY GOD, it was SOO good!!! I thought it would be good, but didn't think it would be THAT good! I was SO impressed, I am so happy I tried it - I will DEFINITELY make it again, it came out totally perfect!!) Oh, I'm soooo glad you liked it!! 2 servings! with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus = ??? I need some help here 'cause I dunno how many are in either the potatoes OR the meatloaf!! I replied to your other thread about this....

Total of... 561 calories + Dinner??
Dunno!
Water: Met my 80 oz goal! COOL!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------

#161992 - 03/18/05 04:23 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Oh god I'm not even going to tell you what I ate today... today was a really rough day. I was up all last night madly trying to get my thesis paper done, which didn't happen, so I was in the library all day madly trying to get it done, which eventually did happen :P Thank goodness... Drank loads of water because that's all they'll let you bring in there. I was massively hungry all day but just kept snacking on rice cakes and bagels I had stashed with me (covertly so the librarians wouldn't see me, lol). LOL

When I got home late and starving, Andrew (my bf) had made me this delicious pasta dish - he's so sweet! It totally made me feel better after a very stressful day. what a sweetheart!!

Anyway, that's done with now so tomorrow will be better. Going to try to get a decent amount of sleep tonight to make up for last night and then hit the gym + yoga tomorrow morning. Good luck!!!

--------------------

#161993 - 03/18/05 04:24 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

37 points. I got so discouraged I gave up. 15 flex points used. NO...YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!

--------------------

#161994 - 03/18/05 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

OK day, although joints hurt from medication, which spoilt yoga a bit. BUMMER....

Breakfast - crumpet
Lunch - Sandwich
Dinner - Grilled chicken and citrus cous cous
Snacks - Chocolate biscuits (oops)

Exercise - Walked dog, gardening and 1 hour yoga

looks like you had a pretty good day....

--------------------

#161995 - 03/18/05 04:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi everyone! TGIF. Hopefully I can get this done quick before my mtg. TGIF!!

Breakfast - 1/2 serving of oatmeal made w/soy milk and golden raisins, OJ w/fiber, mint tea
Snack - apple, coffe w/the works
lunch - hummus veggie wrap again (no avacado this time)
Snack - Chewy trail mix bar
Dinner - UFO MANIA!!! Unexpected dinner out w/the 'rents after looking at a condo. But in my defense I DID order a plain baked potato and steamed veggies as my sides. GOOD GIRL!

Excercise - none, due to condo search and dinner out

Water - approx 60 oz.

Have started tracking on fitday again . . . think I really need to quantify if I want to see results. An article I read in Runner's World said my calories should be about 1800/day. It seems scary to cut much more - I think I am pretty close to that now. Guess I will just have to get my foot completely better so that I can start running again and get my calorie deficit that way rather than cutting food. Yes, I can see how having a bum foot can really effect ya... I was freaking out then I thought I had hurt my knee.... what was I gonna do?? But thank goodness it was just a ouchy muscle for the day!

--------------------

Re: I guess I never even posted early yesterday,... my all over crappy day new
      #161997 - 03/18/05 04:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

cheerios with rice milk and acacia
luna bar and piece of banana bread
2 more luna bars and 2 more pieces of banan bread - someone stole my lunch from the fridge at work! they took the container of hummus, broke the bottom out and put it back ont he dirty fridge shelf. I picked it up to have all the hummus ont he shelf and me! OMG....how rude!! Do you know WHO did it??
1 more luna bar then car accident! (see other forum) I saw that.... that sucks!
DH made me tomato soup (progresso hearty tomato is safe) with crackers and acacia for dinner before I took meds last night!

--------------------

Oops! Sorry Shell! nt new
      #162002 - 03/18/05 04:34 PM
retrograde

Re: I guess I never even posted early yesterday,... my all over crappy day new
      #162008 - 03/18/05 04:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

no idea.. I work in a building with over 300 poeple on my side and 150 on the other and we use one cafeteria and giant fridge for all of us... commercial multi door fridge.... its just plain rude! and by itself would have been frustrating but not terrible, but when you add what happened later in the day was enough to make me so furious...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#162017 - 03/18/05 05:06 PM
cailin

Quote:

Lunch: Wrap with Tuna, RF mayo, sweetcorn are those the little tiny ones in a can usually sold in the Asian section of the store near the bamboo shoots?

no, its just corn kernels ie not on the cob!- think you guys just call it corn. The little ones I think we call baby corn.

hoovered LOL...I got a kick out of this... you mean what I call vaccuming? Yip, that's it. Should have americanised, sorry

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 57 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 70012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review