All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161704 - 03/17/05 09:19 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Here is my Report for today:
Exercise: 30 minute elliptical and 10 minutes weight lifting = 181 calories burned.

Food Budget = 1390 calories.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna bar and half a can of peaches (in juice, but drained) = 230 calories

Lunch: Turkey sandwich from subway = 331 calories

Dinner: Shell's Turkey Meatloaf (OH MY GOD, it was SOO good!!! I thought it would be good, but didn't think it would be THAT good! I was SO impressed, I am so happy I tried it - I will DEFINITELY make it again, it came out totally perfect!!) 2 servings! with garlic mashed potatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus = ??? I need some help here 'cause I dunno how many are in either the potatoes OR the meatloaf!!

Total of... 561 calories + Dinner??
Dunno!
Water: Met my 80 oz goal!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161705 - 03/17/05 09:52 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh god I'm not even going to tell you what I ate today... today was a really rough day. I was up all last night madly trying to get my thesis paper done, which didn't happen, so I was in the library all day madly trying to get it done, which eventually did happen :P Drank loads of water because that's all they'll let you bring in there. I was massively hungry all day but just kept snacking on rice cakes and bagels I had stashed with me (covertly so the librarians wouldn't see me, lol).

When I got home late and starving, Andrew (my bf) had made me this delicious pasta dish - he's so sweet! It totally made me feel better after a very stressful day.

Anyway, that's done with now so tomorrow will be better. Going to try to get a decent amount of sleep tonight to make up for last night and then hit the gym + yoga tomorrow morning.

YEAH!!!! new
      #161707 - 03/17/05 09:54 PM
retrograde

Good for you Ruchie, YOU ROCK!!
Glad to hear things are going so well for you girl, congrats!!

ps I haven't read 'French Women Don't Get Fat'... is it a novel?

Re: Checking in new
      #161709 - 03/17/05 09:56 PM
retrograde

Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear about your rabbit, that's gotta be one of THE hardest things to do in life. Hugs

Re: Reporting in and St Patrick's Day new
      #161745 - 03/18/05 03:56 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Dinner: Prawn Stirfy with corn, spinach, peppers, beansprouts, bamboo shoots and mushroom onion brown rice a very big helping
Quote:

I am always impressed by your dinners. they sound so fancy.

LOL Tamara- I just have been eating whats in the freezer and fridge- have you noticed that there have been peppers, mushrooms and spinach in nearly every meal? I have been trying to get veggies into me and its been workig, nothing fancy though, and no recipes usually, I just throw whatever I have into a wok or pan and work away! Anything with prawns and peppers is ALWAYS a hit with me

How is your back? I had back spasm once and it was horrendous. I got some exercises to do to help it, I can try to describe them if you don't have any- they are all about stretching out the spine.

--------------------
S.

Re: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! new
      #161746 - 03/18/05 04:04 AM
cailin

Great work Ruchie! keep it up, its keeping you well.

--------------------
S.

Karen..so sorry to hear.. new
      #161748 - 03/18/05 04:07 AM
cailin

Karen,
I am really to sorry to hear about the awful decision you had to make, I hope you are doing OK.

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/17/05 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! new
      #161754 - 03/18/05 04:30 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

37 points. I got so discouraged I gave up. 15 flex points used.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

HansSolo!! new
      #161755 - 03/18/05 05:19 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

Please do not give up. Treat each new day as a new opportunity to SUCCEED!!! And you will.

When I first started back to watching my weight (and counting WW pts) remember me posting on here about how hard it was. I almost thought it was impossible to eat this way and still lose weight. Well, I've lost a couple of pounds and am now more determined than ever to keep at it. I've found some items that are safe and low in pts and I depend on them.

Are you writing down absolutely everything you eat? Every BLT (bite, lick, taste)? Have you shown your journal to your WW leader? Even if you are not exercising but are sticking to your pts. you should see weight coming off.

Stick with it and it will happen. Why don't you post your day's menu on here instead of just listing the pts. That might help.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are sooo hungry and just reaching for things, have some WW soup on hand, and all their breads, bagels and muffins. All are low in pts. And with some protein (a smear of peanut butter, lowfat turkey, egg whites) you will be satisfied.

OK, today, Friday, March 18, you WILL stay within target pts. I'll be looking for your posting!!
Cindy

Re: HansSolo!! new
      #161756 - 03/18/05 05:39 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Thanks Cindy. I will post not just my points but what I eat today. Shell is going to help me count the calories too just as an extra check.
I know you're right. It's just so frustrating - I"ve been starving myself for a month for NOTHING!
I think you're right about the BLT's. No, I have not been counting them. I really didn't think I was doing it very much, but maybe that's the difference. I will try to get my activity points in for today, too. Thanks for your encouragement. I don't know what I'd do without this board. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive.
Hugs, Han.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 70004

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review