All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/12/05
      #159782 - 03/11/05 11:14 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/12 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

no one is ever around on weekends new
      #159958 - 03/12/05 05:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Breakfast: toast and cream of wheat with raisins
exercise: some weights and 30 minutes fast treadmill
snack: luna bar, chex mix (away at lunch time) banana
late lunch: small leftover calzone and tea
few pistachios I want to forget about
dinner: fish with port honey reduction (it was yummy! but for some reason hub thought it tasted fishy and rotten. ) snap peas, potatoes and mushrooms and a ciabatta roll
dessert: raspberry sorbet
water: on target

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/12/05 new
      #159965 - 03/12/05 06:46 PM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

Yeah! I just read my Feb. newsletter that you wrote about your success! And I am so thrilled (you have no idea) to know about this board. I plan on becoming a regular. Anyway, today I'm not even going to mention how bad I have done. But I can't wait to succeed like you. I am 5'3" and weight about 210 (I don't know for sure 'cause it's been a few weeks since I've weighed-yes, I'm scared!). I love that I can get meal ideas from here. I have been eating Luna bars and that's working out great. It's usually breakfast or a late snack. I'm a teacher, so I am extreeeemly careful throughout the day. Anyway, I am so excited. I have been trying weight watchers, but it has been hard for me. Thanks for being here & I can't wait to chat with you all!

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/12/05 *DELETED* new
      #159972 - 03/12/05 07:31 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Shell Marr *DELETED* new
      #159978 - 03/12/05 07:56 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#159990 - 03/12/05 08:48 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

BMR 2030 + 550 Calories burned on the eliptical = 2080 calorie budget. (right shell ?!??!)

Breakfast- 223 calories 2 frozen waffles with a little maple syrup

Lunch- 432 calories english muffin pizzas (not ibs safe for most.. ok for me) and a soda

Snacks- 778 calories luna bar, apple, ufo, corn pops, swedish fish (I have major PMS)

Dinner- 454 calories lemon pepper glazed chicken and potatoes I put on the recipe index.

Total calories 1889. within my food budget. Although I'd like to have been a little less. I'm going to have to be more careful, especially during this time of the month.

--------------------

#159992 - 03/12/05 09:31 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2385 + I burned 1783 calories 60 minute Step Class
Then 60 minute Weight Resistance Training Class , then once I got home, did 1 hour house cleaning (3 loads by hand, ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2922 calorie food budget .

STEP
High intensity, low impact movements performed on and off a step platform with or without risers. This class consists of medium level movement patters. Intensity level determined by speed, travel, and execution of movements.
I LOVE this class....what a great workout....but man oh man am I ever hurting now....

REP REEBOK - Weight Resistance Training
Periodized group training utilizing barbells & dumbells. Class rotates monthly between strength, power and endurance formats, providing the changes you need to avoid plateaus and maximize results.
I was brave and took this today with a new instructor TO ME and after I had also taken the STEP class....and of course today was "Resistance Training" which means I loaded up 10% more weight then normal and kicked my own @$$!! DANG I HURT TONIGHT.... But hurt SO GOOD!!

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberries Luna Bar & Water

Before Working Out: 196 calories Spiru-Tein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) It tasted like I was drinking Chocolate Jell-O Pudding!! Really Good!! & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

After Working Out: 150 calories Poweraide & Water

Lunch : 446 calories Plain Bagel w/RF Tomato Basil UFO and Smoked King Salmon (I got all the nutritional info from the bagel shop) & Water

Snacks during the day in no order : 440 calories French Roll, 4 UFO's & Water

Dinner: 407 calories Leftover Nice Big Bowl of Shell's Stewed Vegetable Chili Soup (added can of chili beans also) , 2 Slices French Bread, sprayed with Butter Pam, sprinkled with garlic salt, rice parmesan cheese and toasted under the broiler & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1833.25 calories

Total Water intake SO FAR = 96 oz

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That WILL added 250 calories for a total of 2083.25 . Still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

weight resistance classes are great! I'm glad you tried it! -nt- new
      #160076 - 03/13/05 06:36 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

#160127 - 03/13/05 10:56 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys!!
Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical = 100 calories burned. My hips are kinda sore, so I took it pretty easy and think I will take a day off today (Sunday).
Calorie budget: 1309

Breakfast: Sourdough English Muffin with peanut butter, and applesauce = 269 calories

Lunch: 4 arrowroot cookies, some pretzels = 156 calories

Dinner: 1 cup pasta noodles w/ICBINB = 210 calories

Later: Plain medium baked potato = 145 calories

Snack: More pretzels = 108 calories

SO that was... 915 calories.
THEN I had about 4 strawberry daqueris (sp) that we made in my blender.. which probably wasn't very clever. For tummy or for calories, but I wanted them so much! So that probably added like... 600 calories, or something!
So a total of.. 1515 calories, which is way over my calorie budget, but oh well!

Cheers all!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#160155 - 03/13/05 03:13 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

25 points. 3 activity points swapped = 22 points. On target. Did 30 minutes of elliptical and weight training.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13348

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review