All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Welcome, April! new
      #158037 - 03/07/05 08:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think you might find something helpful right here, in the Yoga for IBS section of the website. You might also want to stop giving him prunes, as that can sometimes make matters worse (I could explain, but I really suggest reading through the Diet material on this website for further information - it's explained a lot better than I can do!) Good luck to your friend!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Amendment - Final Reporting in for today! new
      #158038 - 03/07/05 08:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
So I managed 15 minutes on the elliptical before I went to dinner, but I went really slow so I didn't get all sweaty and could just clean up quick before dinner.
Burned: 50 calories.

Food Budget: 1258 calories

Dinner: Penne with chicken breasts and mushrooms in a tomato sauce and one piece of bread with some balsamic vinegar = ?? I don't know how many calories. I ate about half of it, and brought the rest home.

So before dinner my calorie count was.. 713 calories. So as long as my dinner was under.. 546 calories, I stayed within my calorie budget.. which I am sure it was.

Yay for me.
I weighed myself again today (which I know I shouldn't do, bad Stephanie!!) and I am back up to 160 lbs. So the 3 lbs I lost are back apparently.. I just don't understand how come I have been exercising more, and eating less and still weigh more than I ever have. I am trying not to get frustrated, but I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I used to eat WEIGH more calories and never do any exercise, and never got above 140 lbs.
Anywho, that's all from me today.. 2 hours 'til Adrian arrives!!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Mmm, marmite! new
      #158089 - 03/08/05 02:25 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

To be honest, since I started the anti-depressents I can eat pretty much anything within reason as long as I rotate it. Too much dairy is very bad (it makes my ears and sinuses go funny), as is too much potato. I don't eat much red meat but a little bit of ham is OK. Marmite is strictly rationed because of the yeast.

Monster munch are good for me because they are corn rather than straight potato.

Sugar always makes me sick, as does fruit and veg on an empty tum. So do sugary drinks, or drinks and sweets with sweetners in them.

It's another matter if I get tired, nervous or ill- then its straight back to the IBS diet for me!!

Oh and exercise really helps, so if I don't do that I have to be careful.

Steph... new
      #158105 - 03/08/05 04:38 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Are you sure you're eating enough calories? I'm only asking because your food budget is less than mine by quite a lot, and you're a lot more active than I am! That might have something to do with the lack of loss, but if you've already figured it out and it's the right level for ya, disregard that.

*hugs* I know it's frustrating, but hang in there & keep at it!

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/7/05 new
      #158134 - 03/08/05 06:10 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hello everyone! It is a beautiful sunny (but COLD) morning here. Here's my report for yesterday (Monday):

Breakfast - multigrain cereal w/vanilla soy milk, raisins, cinnamon. OJ w/fiber powder. 16 oz coffee w/cream&Sugar
Snacks - Banana AND apple (STARVING this morning for some reason???)
Lunch - Turkey on white sub bun w/spicy mustard (Mondays at lunch I go to a nearby elementary school and have lunch w/a little 5h grade girl for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I always feel so bad b/c she has to eat the school lunch and it is always GROSS! And she is so skinny! Next time I will have to bring her something good. But today we had fun painting our nails )
Snack - few dried apricots
Dinner - leftover beef stew w/carrots and potatoes, 2 biscuits w/butter and honey.
Dessert - rice crispy treat w/glazed frosting - SOOOO naughty! I went grocery shopping and saw that there and COULD NOT help myself. I am rationalizing that it was less detrimental than a piece of cake or cookie or donut or something. And I only ate 2/3 of it. Granted it was quite large so that was probably like 1.5 regular sized rice crispy treats.

Excercise - 17 min on the elliptical (YAY! Foot is still on the mend!!) w/5 min walking warm up and cooldown. Crunches and lower body work on ball. 10 "sort of" pushups.

Water - I've been forgetting to report this. My guestimate for Monday is 60 oz. I don't like to drink a lot in the afternoon when I know I'm going to work out after work - I get side stitches really easily.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: so far today...updated 3:30 pm new
      #158200 - 03/08/05 08:39 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

Quote:

kashi heart to heart cereal- only 160 cals
2 luna bars- 180 each
1 turkey sandwich- about 200 calories (I have to estimate on the homemade BBQ.. hard to know exactly how much I used, it might be more like 230 cals)

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

need to go to Meijers again too
gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are in the oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Dinner will be out for thai food
Wish me luck!

Amie

I also ate 1 muffin sized ADB and 1 scone (the smallest) when they came out of the oven.. I made mini muffin and full muffin ADB's for something else, the chocolate scones are for me- will add some baby food fruit to them, not sweet, but will be good breakfasts.. recipe from the recipe site here is YUMMY!

we ate out- I ate an entire order of chicken drunken noodle- OH so good, but I was a PIG! and then applesauce to take my sfs

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#158203 - 03/08/05 08:44 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

I am in the same boat (well I've been forcing myself to eat loads recently, but usually I am). I hate forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry, but if I eat very much at once, my tummy gets bloated and I get cramps- it's a no-win situation I am seriously tempted to just give up on forcing myself to eat though as I've done nothing but make myself feel ill for about a week now, and I'm fed up!

I don't count calories, and I probably should because I am technically underweight (although I like being thin!) and lose weight pretty easily. If you're also veggie, then you might be having the same problem I do that it's hard to get enough calories without eating the bulky things that give us problems.

I don't know, maybe we can team up or something? I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. It feels really weird battling with not eating too much at one sitting and then ending up not able to eat enough and losing weight- it seems like something there shouldn't make sense?

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

Snack Jane! new
      #158227 - 03/08/05 09:37 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03

You really do need to just graze throughout the day...I can't go for more than a few hours without a little something to eat.

Re: Snack Jane! new
      #158232 - 03/08/05 10:01 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05

I do! But if I'm bloaty I don't feel at all hungry or like eating until I get very low blood sugar, because my tummy feels full all the time.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#158249 - 03/08/05 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2397 + I burned 1405 calories 20 minutes on Elliptical ,then 60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing ) - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2556 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch : 309 calories Subway Sandwich (6" on White w/*Double Turkey Breast, Easy Lettuce, Pickle, & Mustard) *Note: double meat only added 50 calories & Water

Snacks during the day not in any order: 664 calories Ginger Altoid, 4oz Fruit Cocktail juice drained, 45 Jellybellys, 1/3 cup Dried Mango, 8oz Poweraide (had MAJOR leg cramp about midnight ),1/2 oz Pumpernickle Onion Pretzel Sticks (that is why I needed the ginger altoid ), 1oz Rice Sembei Snacks - Tamari (soy sauce), 2 rolls of Smarties & Water

While Working Out: 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 709 calories Leftover Amie's Pulled Chicken on Toasted Roll, Baked Lays & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1861.25 calories

Total Water intake = 144 oz

I DID have UFO w/water. That DID added 250 calories for a total of 2111.25 . HIGH but....still in my food budget!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review