All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 3/7/05 new
      #157944 - 03/07/05 04:24 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

The chocolate alphabet cookies are fantastic, but I don't know if I would pay $4 for them. I think I paid $2.

Potatoes Djahli is an Indian dish that is basically quartered, cooked red potatoes in a orange-y colored spicey sauce. I told the waiter about my food intolerances and he claimed there was no dairy or fat in them, and since I had no problems, I think they are safe. And yummy

Yes, the chewy chocolate cookies I made... I think I overbaked them a bit, but they're ok. I'll post the recipe in the recipe forum.

Quote:

Quote:

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[S] 1 serving Low-fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
[S] 1 piece Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe , 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)
[S] 3 small chewy chocolate cookies did you make?
[D] turkey breast and cranberry sauce on sugar-free bread

Total: 1865 cal, 25g fat, 97g protein

Rest day

Oh, and I drank 94oz of water! Yeah!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#157949 - 03/07/05 04:36 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

The chocolate alphabet cookies are fantastic, but I don't know if I would pay $4 for them. I think I paid $2. OK thanks... I'll see if they are cheaper at Whole Foods then at Safeway.

Potatoes Djahli is an Indian dish that is basically quartered, cooked red potatoes in a orange-y colored spicey sauce. I told the waiter about my food intolerances and he claimed there was no dairy or fat in them, and since I had no problems, I think they are safe. And yummy Sounds good... I have not found an Indian resturant near me...maybe I need to ask Heather if she reccomends one!

Yes, the chewy chocolate cookies I made... I think I overbaked them a bit, but they're ok. I'll post the recipe in the recipe forum. Wonderful..thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe , 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)

Rest day

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#157952 - 03/07/05 04:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe color:purple]Yeah! yum. It reminds me of those Lean Cuisine commercials where a couple ladies say what they have had and it is just terrible stuff and then the last one says this wonderful meal and then 'oh it is one of those Lean Cuisines'.
, 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80 [S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)

Rest day

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Indian potatoes new
      #157955 - 03/07/05 04:45 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was just going to mention that Amy's makes a potato samosa snack/dinner in the freezer section. It is safe and good with mango chutney or ketchup.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#157958 - 03/07/05 04:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
Okay, here is my reporting in SO FAR, I will have to amend it later...
Exercise: So far, none. Was at school until now. Am going out for dinner with my Dad, and then picking up Adrian at around midnight (I am so excited, I totally missed him so much! Call me clingy, I don't care I WANT CUDDLING!! ). I will try and get on the elliptical either before we go out (depending on when we are going) or between dinner and going out to the airport.

Breakfast: S'mores Luna Bars (which is the last Luna Bar that I got from Seattle *pout*) and mango applesauce = 273 calories

Lunch: Did not have lunch, as I was at school and didn't get time. Had snacks instead...

Snacks: Half lemonzest Luna Bar, 5 arrowroot cookies, 50 g baked lays = 440 calories

Okay, so I don't know what I'll have for dinner as I don't know where we are going but it will be safe as my stomach is pretty grumbly and not liking food much these days!

Water: I am supposed to have 80 oz, so far I have had.. about 30, oy. But it's only 5 o'clock here!

Will amend my report after dinner and hopefully exercise.

**Adrian's coming home, happy dance happy dance**

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#157960 - 03/07/05 04:59 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood After reading that you eat some babyfood, I got some at the local drug store and it was AWFUL! I think I must have gotten a yucky kind, I can't remember what it was now but it just tasted like slime! I will have to try some again soon.
Snacks: toast w/ jelly, honeycomb
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza This sounds really yummy - what is it?
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer = 60oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1232 so far, I will almost definitely snack later
Fruits & veggies: 4 Well done! I still have so much trouble getting enough fruit and veg into my diet

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL That was me yesterday! My Dad came down and asked me if I'd worked out today, and I said, "No... I took a long nap, though..." Ooops!

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity. Bah, lack of sleep is the worste... and the more you try to force it, the worse it gets! I would have ended up sleeping all day too if that had been me. Is Adam okay? I hope his tests went well!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#157981 - 03/07/05 06:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

Quote:

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood After reading that you eat some babyfood, I got some at the local drug store and it was AWFUL! I think I must have gotten a yucky kind, I can't remember what it was now but it just tasted like slime! I will have to try some again soon. Slime, LOL!! I shouldn't laugh, the first babyfood I bought was perfectly horrible too. What brands do you have up there? I only buy Gerber, because the others I've tried are awful. I also find that the plain fruits aren't sweet enough for me - I add a smidge of honey or sugar if I get those.
Snacks: toast w/ jelly, honeycomb
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza This sounds really yummy - what is it? Super easy! I take a pita bread, spread it with about a tablespoon of tomato sauce, and then top it with some leftover meatloaf crumbled up (I use Shell's recipe) and some mushrooms. Sprinkle with soy parmesan, and bake till everything's hot. You could add soy mozzarella too, of course, but I never buy the stuff so I eat it without.
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer = 60oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1232 so far, I will almost definitely snack later
Fruits & veggies: 4 Well done! I still have so much trouble getting enough fruit and veg into my diet

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL That was me yesterday! My Dad came down and asked me if I'd worked out today, and I said, "No... I took a long nap, though..." Ooops!

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity. Bah, lack of sleep is the worste... and the more you try to force it, the worse it gets! I would have ended up sleeping all day too if that had been me. Is Adam okay? I hope his tests went well!

Adam is, hopefully, ok. Honestly, I'm really worried about him. He has these severe headaches that don't respond to painkillers, and he gets occasional vision distortion and dizziness. Hence the MRI. I don't know how long it takes to get the results back, but hopefully it won't be too long, so I can stop worrying that he has a brain tumor.

#157982 - 03/07/05 06:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Aww! I'm so excited for you that Adrian's coming home today! Adam and I have been apart maybe once since we moved in together, and it SUCKED. Have fun cuddling!

#157996 - 03/07/05 06:33 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Ok..

Exercise- 1hour long step aerobics class- lets hope I can walk tomorrow this time. (burns about 500 cals)

Breakfast- Sweet Dreams luna bar.. and about 1/3 cup dry rice krispys

Lunch- progresso chicken noodle soup and french bread

Dinner- Chinese.. which is where I fell off the wagon.. but i'm pmsing.. and have been working out alot. Sadly, I got D about five times after the fact.. like within five minutes of finishing it..s o hopefully that got rid of some of the calories.. does that actually work btw?

Snacks- 1 leftover mini meatloaf muffin, 1 small piece of blueberry bread, an orange, and about 4 strawberries.

--------------------

#158033 - 03/07/05 08:38 PM
Jane Doe

Reged: 03/07/05
Loc: Minnesota, USA

I have a question. Does anyone know any yoga stretches to stimulate a bowel movement? I used to know from my Health instructor at the College of Santa Fe. My good friend is in the other room in immense pain. He's been having difficuties since I've know him with frequent bowel movements. I'm more regular than anyone I know. My tricks of apples or prunes aren't helping. I feel so badly for him. Any recommendations?

Quote:

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/7 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
Jane Doe

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60182

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review