All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: so far today...updated 3:30 pm new
      #157885 - 03/07/05 12:38 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Quote:

kashi heart to heart cereal- only 160 cals
2 luna bars- 180 each
1 turkey sandwich- about 200 calories (I have to estimate on the homemade BBQ.. hard to know exactly how much I used, it might be more like 230 cals)

water
2 altoids - 7 calories

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

need to go to Meijers again too
gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are int he oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Dinner will be out for thai food
Wish me luck!

Amie

I also ate 1 muffin sized ADB and 1 scone (the smallest) when they came out of the oven.. I made mini muffin and full muffin ADB's for something else, the chocolate scones are for me- will add some baby food fruit to them, not sweet, but will be good breakfasts.. recipe from the recipe site here is YUMMY!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so far today... new
      #157887 - 03/07/05 12:44 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

kashi heart to heart cereal- only 160 cals
2 luna bars- 180 each
1 turkey sandwich- about 200 calories (I have to estimate on the homemade BBQ.. hard to know exactly how much I used, it might be more like 230 cals)

water
2 altoids - 7 calories hehehe good girl for counting those too!! I love having them in my mouth while at the gym...then my water "feels" colder then it really is.

Grocery shopped (bought 10 boxes WOW you should be set for what about...2.5 months maybe? of the old luna bars at whole foods, they don't have the new ones yet, but target had none, and trader joes had the new ones (bought one each of the flavors I like that they had to try)). and a variety of other things, including peppermint reception sticks at trader joes to satisfy my chocolate tooth some at work... and also lots of hummus!

need to go to Meijers again too
gonna bake and just started laundry as well... once things are int he oven I think I'll ride the bike, feeling overstuffed after that sandwich so soon on the heels of the last luna bar, but I haven't eaten enough calories yet today (yes I am having trouble increasing my caloric intake!)

Dinner will be out for thai food
Wish me luck!

Amie

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/7/05 new
      #157890 - 03/07/05 12:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

A good day at last!!

Breakfast - Crumpet with marmite
Lunch - tortilla wrap with ham and avocado ham or turkey ham? do you eat pork & beef?
Dinner - Myshroom soup with brown soda bread

Snacks - chocolate biscuits and a packet of monster munch (naughty I know). which flavor of Monster Munch ?

Exercise -

30 mins cardio at the gym, plus weights, sit ups and swimming. Yeah!!

30 min fast walk with Lucy (her first ever walk - and she was a little angel!) AAwww..... how CUTE!!

Now if I can just kick the biscuit habit LOL I know it can be hard.... and eat more fruit and veg we'll be getting somewhere! You will get there....

--------------------

Re: Mmm, marmite! new
      #157891 - 03/07/05 12:53 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Are you ok with dairy then? And monster munch - i LOVED them!! But haven't touched then since I got diagnosed!! carful... some have dairy and artificial sweeteners...

--------------------

#157905 - 03/07/05 02:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

Now if I can just kick the biscuit habit and eat more fruit and veg we'll be getting somewhere!

I'm with Shell... you'll get there! Why not aim for one more fruit/veggie a day? And then another? I still pretty much have to consciously force myself to eat the stuff... other than my daily banana, I really don't *want* the stuff that's good for me, heh. But once you get in the habit, it's really not so bad.

I have a jar of Marmite in the cabinet... I haven't gotten brave enough to try it yet. Heh.

#157930 - 03/07/05 03:46 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[S] 1 serving Low-fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
[S] 1 piece Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce, 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)
[S] 3 small chewy chocolate cookies
[D] turkey breast and cranberry sauce on sugar-free bread

Total: 1865 cal, 25g fat, 97g protein

Rest day

Oh, and I drank 94oz of water!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#157931 - 03/07/05 03:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Worked very hard today including 30 minutes of straight walking (in heavy wind and bitter cold) at 7:45. brrr. Ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, Luna bar, PB&J, pretzels. Had bowl of cheerios for snack and soup and baguette for dinner with pre-fennel tea to reduce the appetite. I am having a smoothie with strawberry/banana later on. I feel like I didn't have enough insolubles today so the berries should help. Drank so much water I really had to pee bad earlier! so good day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#157937 - 03/07/05 04:12 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

[B] 1/2 cup (dry) Oat Bran made with 1.25 cups lite soymilk, 2tsp brown sugar and cinnamon, 1 chewy chocolate cookie
[S] 1 serving Low-fat Cinnamon Graham Crackers
[S] 1 piece Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread
[L] Spinach, Beet & Tomato pasta with chicken, broccoli & cauliflower in a fire-roasted garlic & tomato sauce That sounds so good.... if I did not need to feed Shane too I would be adding LOTS more cooked veggies to dishes... I just might start seperating and add stuff to mine...hehehe , 1 piece french bread, 1 serving Newman's Own Chocolate Alphabet cookies Are those any good really? I looked at a package of those today but did not buy them cuz they were like $3.80
[S] 1/2 cup (cooked) white rice with leftover Potatoes Djahli what is Djahli? and some cooked eggplant from Friday night, leftover Kachumber salad (tomatoes & cucumbers in lemon juice & spices)
[S] 3 small chewy chocolate cookies did you make?
[D] turkey breast and cranberry sauce on sugar-free bread

Total: 1865 cal, 25g fat, 97g protein

Rest day

Oh, and I drank 94oz of water! Yeah!

--------------------

#157939 - 03/07/05 04:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Pre-breakfast: toast w/ honey
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & canned peaches
Lunch: 1 cup mashed potatoes, jar of fruit babyfood
Snacks: toast w/ jelly, honeycomb
Dinner: meatloaf pita pizza
Drinks: 4 mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer = 60oz so far

Food & drinks total: 1232 so far, I will almost definitely snack later
Fruits & veggies: 4

Activity:
Nothing, unless you count napping! LOL

Today was completely screwed up... I couldn't sleep last night, so I was goofing off, and suddenly (at 4am, sigh!) I remembered that Adam had his MRI this morning. So I tried to force myself to sleep, which didn't work very well... and then we were at the hospital at 8am. So I ended up sleeping most of the day, which accounts for the low calories and lack of activity.

#157940 - 03/07/05 04:14 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Worked very hard today including 30 minutes of straight walking (in heavy wind and bitter cold) at 7:45. brrr. bbrrr... great job!! Ate oatmeal with raisins, 2 bananas, Luna bar, PB&J, pretzels Oh, wait until you see my report for today... . Had bowl of cheerios for snack and soup and baguette for dinner with pre-fennel tea to reduce the appetite. I am having a smoothie with strawberry/banana later on. I feel like I didn't have enough insolubles today so the berries should help. Drank so much water I really had to pee bad earlier! LOL...me too...wonder if the body will adjust to that much water intake soon?? so good day. Yes, it looks that way!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 60555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review