Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: thanks for the luck and an update new
      #154030 - 02/25/05 09:09 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

I walked again this afternoon... had a meeting and wound up running up and down 2 flights of steps 4 times in 10 minutes for my boss to get stuff she forgot! Thanks Boss for letting workout on company time!! LOL

Also... I had a small baked potato and chicken breast with tomato pesto sauce (DH thought the container was BBQ and didn't taste it) oops! for dinner.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/24/05 new
      #154031 - 02/25/05 09:14 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: 2 slices dry toast & a banana
Lunch: a bowl of rice w/ brown sugar & vanilla rice milk
Snacks: lots more dry toast, LOTS of tea w/ sugar
Dinner: lemongrass-ginger ramen, some cooked carrots yum!

Food & drinks total: 1357 (yeah, I was low today... I may snack more)
Fruits & veggies: banana, carrots = 2

Activity:
I did do some auction work, which involved a lot of sit-stand-lift-bend stuff for about an hour = -198

Can you tell today was a bad IBS day? Which brings me to my problem: It seems that any exercise I do ends up giving me D. I thought it was just yoga, because of the twists and such, which is why I tried the bellydance yesterday instead... but nope, I felt like crap (hah!) all night afterwards, and then I had D most of the morning. Oh, I'm so sorry sweetie... I'm "C" so I'm not sure what to recommend you try next....... can anyone else suggest?

The only exercise that never seems to bother me is walking. Unfortunately, the chances of me walking alone and/or in this frigid Maine winter weather are VERY slim. So I don't know what to do, other than decreasing my calories again to compensate for the fact that I can't exercise! do you have a long hallway in your home? can you just walk back and forth on it? I used to do that before I joined the gym to "get things moving"...

Note to the newbies: Don't be afraid to exercise because of my bad experiences. As anyone who's been here a while can tell ya, I'm just WEIRD! LOL...but who said weird was a bad thing!! LOL On the other hand, if you're a C'er and you want to try something that'll make you "go", DEFINITELY try yoga! It works for me, and I don't even need it! LOL

--------------------

#154034 - 02/25/05 09:18 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all,
Exercise: Went to the driving range with Adrian for a little over an hour, checked that fabulous Calorie Counter and it says I burned about 165 calories. wwwooohhhoo!!
Food Budget: 1390 calories

Breakfast: Lemon Zest Luna bar (thanks Shell! ) glad you could use them! = 180 calories

Snack: 2 arrowroot cookies, a small handful of pretzels, small handful of marshmallows = 194 calories

Lunch: Turkey breast sandwich from Subway with Sweet Onion Sauce (I am so addicted!!) = 331 calories I migt have to try that combo....which bread did ya use? And no tummy problems so far? I'm afraid to try the sauce....

Dinner: Some pasta with tomato sauce and a tiny piece of chicken = 357 calories

Snack: UFO = About 400 calories!

For a total of: 1462! 72 calories over my food budget BUT that isn't too bad and I might hop on the elliptical while I am watching TV tonight. Your close....that is good... did ya make it to the elliptical?

Water: I am supposed to have 80 oz a day, today I have had less than 40 so far! As a fellow "C'er" I will push you to drink your water if you push me... I can't seem to get more then 64oz and I need WAY more then that!! I will have some more water tonight too, especially if I get on the elliptical!

Good luck everybody!
--Steph

--------------------

#154035 - 02/25/05 09:21 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wasn't feeling too well up to yesterday afternoon, Sorry to hear that.... and I've just been eating rice pudding for the past 3 days.
Foodies:
*3 servings of rice with soymilk, banana & stewed apple, microwaved (turns into rice pudding). sounds good!

Exercise:
*did warm up with running club, but then quit due to low blood sugar, and ran a measly 3 miles. Hey, a measly 3 miles is better then 2 or even none.... I'm glad you were able to get some exercise in...

Hope you have a better day.....

--------------------

#154037 - 02/25/05 09:28 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

26 points (budget 22). 4 flex points used. Plus weight training. YAH!

--------------------

#154038 - 02/25/05 09:31 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi all! I'm nearing the end of week one of eating better and so far, so good. That is great! Here's yesterday (2/24):

Breakfast - cream of wheat w/dried mango (AGAIN), OJ w/fiber, 16 oz coffee w/cream&sugar
Snack - applesauce (no sugar added)
Lunch - cold homemade veggie pizza on boboli crust (2 med. slices), 12 oz coffee w/cream&sugar
Dinner - more penne primavera w/roasted red pepper marinara

Also, I did my 1 hour accelerated sculpting pilates video (Winsor) I LOVE it - it actually makes me work up a sweat even though I am not running around! Yes, I sweat when doing yoga sometimes...I know what ya mean. Foot pain was better yesterday but this AM it is a little more sore Are you doing stretches for your foot BEFORE you get out of bed? That is what my Dr had me do....

Also, what is your water intake like? (and coffee does not count)

--------------------

#154044 - 02/25/05 09:36 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

breakfast: plain toasted bagel with pumpkin butter
At work: cup oif unsweetened applesauce, plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jelly, vegan blueberry muffin, piece of spinach bread
Dinner: pasta with garden combination tomato sauce and half a piece of spinach bread

water: 45 oz (working on getting it back up, it's weird, as I increase my water intake, I end up passing more mucus (sorry, if it's TMI)...I tried taking Equalactin to help, but it just ended up making me C and pass nothing but mucus...any idea?) I'm clueless here???? Sorry....

exercise: 20 minute walk to work without laptop bag (bf insisted carrying it again) darn him anyways!! , up and around the classroom answering questions for 3 hours, no walk home though, bf drove since it was snowing like crazy...

--------------------

Re: Here's my report... new
      #154047 - 02/25/05 09:37 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar and pumpkin pie spice
Lunch - meatloaf sandwich, banana and grapes
Dinner - Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet corn
Water - only about 48oz today I can't scold you cuz I only got in 64oz and I need WAY more!
Excercise - I went to the gym and worked my routine and I'm happy to announce that it was much easier this time. Oh good! I also walked the treadmill for 30 minutes for a little cardio. YAH... that is great!!

I will not be reporting in over the weekend because I'll be out of town, but I will try to remember everything and give my report on Monday instead.

Have a great weekend everyone!

--------------------

Re: Here's my report... new
      #154050 - 02/25/05 09:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar and pumpkin pie spice Oooh, I corrupted someone! Hehe.
Lunch - meatloaf sandwich, banana and grapes
Dinner - Rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes and sweet corn
Water - only about 48oz today
Excercise - I went to the gym and worked my routine and I'm happy to announce that it was much easier this time. I also walked the treadmill for 30 minutes for a little cardio. WOOHOO! Go Rachel! Glad it was easier this time... good job!

I will not be reporting in over the weekend because I'll be out of town, but I will try to remember everything and give my report on Monday instead. Have a fantastic weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Casey and walking new
      #154051 - 02/25/05 09:41 AM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

A lot of people walk in the malls during the winter months, especially early in the morning before the stores open. Do you have a mall near you where you could walk until spring?
Cindy

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 85 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review