All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 2/23/05 new
      #153603 - 02/24/05 08:30 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2408 + I burned 1320 calories 60 minutes Turbo Kick Boxing Class - 1246 less calories to get to my goal = 2482 calorie food budget .

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nuts N Cranberry Luna bar & Water

Lunch : 297 calories Subway Sandwich (6" White w/Tuna, Easy Lettuce and Pickle) & water

Snacks during the day: 528 calories 1 Bing Cherries, Baked Lays, 10 Gummy Hearts & Water

Dinner: 445 calories Chicken Stroganoff & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1442.25 calories

Total Water intake = 64oz

I DID have UFO w/more water. So that DID add 250 calories for a total of 1692.25 still in my budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#153607 - 02/24/05 08:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana, brown sugar, & pumpkin pie spice droolin here!
Lunch: vegetable-rice scramble
Snacks: toast w/ jelly, banana bread, mandarin orange cake, bagel
Dinner: baked fish, oven fries, carrots

Food & drinks total: 1678, without any more snacks
Fruits & veggies: banana, veggies in lunch, potato, carrots = 4

Activity:
housework -100
45 mins bellydance -100 (I don't know, I'm totally guessing here... this was my first time ever trying bellydance, and I stink at it, but it's fun! I actually ran through part of the DVD twice because I liked it so much!) Here...go to this web page to figure out how much you REALLY burned....if it were ME, I would have burned 596 calories in one hour.

I was doing well today until I had to get on the phone and start dealing with MaineCare (Medicaid) and my new doctor's office... everyone is so incompetent, and the receptionist at the dr's just makes my blood boil, she's so rude. By the time I got done doing what I needed to do, I felt like poking someone's eyes out. LOL So what did I do? poked someones eye out? LOL I did not really think so.... I went to the kitchen and ate a bagel. I know I could have done worse, but I've spent the rest of the day kicking myself for being a stress eater. It seems like I ALWAYS screw up because of emotion/stress, and I don't know what to do about it that I haven't already tried and failed at. Gosh, I wish I knew what to say here... I know this is a battle for you and I'm sure many others, I'm hoping others can help me out here.

Tomorrow is another day. YES.....it IS!!

--------------------

#153608 - 02/24/05 08:40 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Feeling a little better, so yesterday was a little better than the day before...

Breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter (do I need to send you some next time I make it, Shell? )
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread, plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jelly, plain white rice with cheddar rice cheese
During class: 1 1/2 oz FF sourdough pretzel nuggets

water: 42 oz (a little better, working on it)

exercise: 20 minute walk to work with laptop bag, 20 minute walk home without laptop bag (bf insisted on carrying it home)

Question for Shell: How do you figure out your BMR?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#153609 - 02/24/05 08:41 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First off.... you look like someone I've seen before but can't figure out where or who! LOL

B - 1 packet Oatmeal + 1/4 cup Oatmeal, 1 cup soymilk, 1 piece French bread
S - 1 serving Honeycombs
S - Luna bar
L - leftover pasta with chicken, broccoli and marinara sauce, piece of french bread, antidepressant brownie No that sounds like a nice filling lunch! YUM
S - banana & low-fat cinnamon graham crackers before w/o
S - 1.5 cups Lite chocolate soymilk, 1 scoop Chocolate Soy Protein powder, 1 tsp Glutamine (is this what you always drink after working out, or just on days that you lift?)
D - 1.5 servings Chik'n Nuggets REAL or tofu? with 1 cup steamed green beans, 1 cup pineapple chunks, peaches & mandarin oranges

Total: 2024 cal*, 30g fat, 125g protein

*too little calories - I'm still recovering from being sick, but I need to add about 300 more calories per day

W/O: Lift Chest, Shoulders & Back - 45min, Stair Climber - 30 min GREAT workout!!

Hi Shell!

I always drink a protein shake after lifting (which I do 3 days a week), but I try to do so after doing just cardio (1 day a week) and swimming (2 days a week). You have a great routine!! Could you do me a favor and figure out the calories in one of your shakes for me? Yours sounds really good... I might like to start drinking one on Tues & Thurs when I do weights...

The Chik'n Nuggets are tofu - Morningstar Farms brand, I believe. SO good! Thanks, I'll have to give those a try sometime.

--------------------

#153611 - 02/24/05 08:45 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys,
I had another strange day today.. I am still feeling pretty low, but here goes my reporting in for today:

Exercise: 20 minutes of eliptical, 130 calories burned.
Food Budget: 1355 calories

Breakfast: Lemon Zest Luna Bar = 180 calories I'm glad you like those...

Snack: 3 arrowroot cookies and one small piece peppermint fudge cake = 290 calories

Lunch: 30 g pretzels, 4 arrowroot cookies = 240 calories

** I ate so little because I was in a real rush between classes and getting my hair done (which I hate ) and then when I got home, I felt really sick - headache and nauseous. I got so nauseous, I threw up and couldn't eat dinner** AAwwww.... I'm sorry you were sick... your not prego are ya? I'm sure your hair is beautiful....just like you... can we see a pic when you have time?

Snack at around 9 pm: Sourdough english muffin, some peanut butter = 195 calories Oh, good....I'm glad you got something in ya.

For a TOTAL of = 905 calories, I think.. except I guess I lost some when I threw up.. and it's about 1030 here now, and I really feel like I might throw up again so maybe I'll lose my english muffin too. OH NO!!

I DID have all the water I should have today, though.. although again threw some of it up. Blech. LOL Your so funny!!

Everyone else seems like they are doing kick-butt though, keep up the good work!!

--Steph

--------------------

#153613 - 02/24/05 08:48 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi, I'm new. Welcome Charity! I decided to give this a shot because I feel so alone in my diet challenges. Well, your NOT!! I'm already feeling like my excuses are no longer legitimate after reading your entries. No one in my social circle needs to avoid the foods that I need to so I've just dealt with the symptoms because I don't want stand out. No more just "dealing with it" you really can feel better and still have yummy foods I can see that if I'm going to lose weight and feel better, i'm going to have to step out of my comfort zone. YAH....I'm so proud of you...we are all here for ya...if you have any questions...ask away! I'll "report in" tommorrow. See ya soon!

--------------------

Amie new
      #153614 - 02/24/05 08:52 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

last night when I made more I baked them in the oven because I was making a cake too... mostly I nuke them... 2 at a time, 1 for then and one for later.. 7- 8 minutes... and fill core with cinnamon and some brown sugar... then drizzle 2 tbs water into the dish.. How easy...do you remove the skin before you cook?

I also sometimes bake moms apple cake, but I can't as easily as my apple machine is in the storage locker...

slice apples and layer them with cinamon and some brown sugar and 1 egg (beaten with the cinnamon and brown sugar or just drizzled) into a springform till full.. 1 egg is normally enough to help it hold its shape for serving, and its YUMMY basically a baked apple but in cake form... Great idea...and not many ingrediants either.... thanks!

--------------------

#153615 - 02/24/05 08:54 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

26 points (target 22). Plus weight training.

That's ok.... your close I'm happy that your getting your weight training in too.... are you also getting some cardio? Cardio is very important....

--------------------

Re: my report... new
      #153617 - 02/24/05 08:56 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Breakfast - oatmeal w/ sugar & cinnamon
Lunch - PB&J on homemade white bread, potato chips
Dinner - grilled chicken breast, oven fries and 2 fruit cups
Snack - a small handfull of pistachios UUmm.... those would taste really good inside some ice cream...hehehe JUST KIDDING!!
Water - despite the fact that I had a yucky tummy until the evening, I somehow managed to consume more than 64oz. YAH!
Exercise - I was going to do some cardio at the gym, but because of my tummy, I never left the house. You poor thing.....I hope your feeling better today.

--------------------

#153623 - 02/24/05 09:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Feeling a little better, so yesterday was a little better than the day before... Glad to hear that...

Breakfast: toasted plain bagel with pumpkin butter (do I need to send you some next time I make it, Shell? ) LOL... that is sweet... nah...I'll get around to it...in my spare time! LOL Thanks for the offer.
At work: cup of unsweetened applesauce, piece of spinach bread, plain bagel with smidge of peanut butter and seedless strawberry jelly, plain white rice with cheddar rice cheese
During class: 1 1/2 oz FF sourdough pretzel nuggets

water: 42 oz (a little better, working on it) me too!

exercise: 20 minute walk to work with laptop bag, 20 minute walk home without laptop bag (bf insisted on carrying it home) LOL...

Question for Shell: How do you figure out your BMR? I will reply to this....but have to think it out before posting... LOL I'll be back!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 204 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 69955

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review