All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 02/11
      #148939 - 02/11/05 09:01 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Well, thanks to my horrible IBS week, I am down 3lbs to 135lbs again! My pants already fit a whole lot better so I'm pleased, even if I would have prefered to go a different route in order to lose those 3lbs.

And I am now an official Yoga junkie. I love my class! It's funny because I had to miss a couple classes at school this week and yesterday, I was so determined to feel better so I could go to my yoga class becuase I didn't want to miss it! I love how it makes me feel so much better afterwards. And my teacher is great too - she even went and researched specific yoga poses that will help my stomach. In class, she'll specifically say which ones will help our digestive systems for me. I'm now an addict and don't think I could go back to being a couch potato.

Anyhoo - I'll start reporting again when my IBS calms down.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 02/11 new
      #148955 - 02/11/05 10:23 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Well, I thought I would jump in about the reporting in! I am so proud of you Jenny Benny! That is so great that you love your class and your teacher is so wonderful for you!

I have started going to the gym with my friend Mel. We attend aerobics classes and weight training classes daily. It's so great! I enjoy it so much and am actually looking forward to the classes now!

This is our third week! We have just about made it a month! I am so excited! I have never made it so I had to RENEW my gym membership LMAO!!!

Anyways - what else do ya'll do for your reporting in...cuz I haven't been eating the greatest so do I have to report all that LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Hey Ms Lana Banana! (a.k.a. Partner in Crime) new
      #148965 - 02/11/05 11:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Woohoo about going to the gym! Yeah, I never go for more than 2 weeks. It helps a lot to have a friend, though. I did it once with a friend, but she bailed on me 2 months later.

Nah, you don't have to report what you eat - just tell us about your gym goings!

How's my not so tiny lima bean doing? When's his first birthday? Isn't it coming up soon?

--------------------
- Jennifer

Hey Jenny Benny! new
      #149034 - 02/11/05 02:01 PM
Lana_Marie

My "baby" is doing well...he's nine months old on the 12th of Feb!! I am almost back to work! *sigh* I don't know where that time went, but it's almost time for me to start back with adult company!!

I am excited about going back to work....only cuz I am so lucky to have my sister as my baby sitter for Ben when I go back! I don't go back until May when he turns one (May 12 to be exact)

I will definitely report my gym visits.

How's things with you otherwise, Jenny? How's things with you and Mike?

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Re: Hey Jenny Benny! new
      #149050 - 02/11/05 02:42 PM
Jennifer Rose

Things are going good, but hectic! Been busy with school, finding a new place to live (crappy neighbors), planning grandparents' 50th anniversary party, and all sorts of crap.

Mike and I are great! He's hopefully getting a promotion soon - crossing my fingers. And as soon as his sister kicks him out (she gave him a 9 month notice.. she's got a baby due any day now), he will most likely move in with me. She needs his help with her other 1 year old son for the first couple weeks, so maybe in the next month or so.

So do we get updated photos of Benny? Or at least me?

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Hey Jenny Benny! new
      #149057 - 02/11/05 03:17 PM
Lana_Marie

I have some film to be developed as we speak it's at Walmart! That the newest ones we have...gotta get those done.

So happy to hear things are going good with you and Mike! Look him, takin' that big step and moving in with you...glad to hear things are progressing nicely for you!

As soon as I get the pics developed I will be sure to show him off....like any good mommy LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

not too bad.. new
      #149078 - 02/11/05 03:59 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but boy.. learned something...
cheerios and soy milk for breakfast (with acacia)- ~300 cal
turkey sandwich- 200 cal
went to panera for lunch- black bean soup in a bread bowl- almost 800 calories... the soup was 160, the bowl was the rest... no wonder when we do that I feel full afterwards.. I'm going back to ordering it with a piece of baguette.. the bread bowl is half my daily caloric intake.
ran all over town and back and forth through several stores... -X calories
dinner: hummus and pita- 200 calories or so(mixed my acacia in the hummus)
I have chocolate pudding - I made it with jello pudding mix, some soy milk and silken tofu... its a LOT cheaper then the stuff they sell at whole foods (vegan mouse) and almost as good... doesn't solidify totally, but definitely pudding consistancy not liquid.. I just can't tilt the bowl without spilling...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

REPORTING IN - 02/11 new
      #149127 - 02/11/05 07:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Now that I'm mostly over my binge of depression where all I did was eat and mope , I feel like I can report again. So...

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and chopped canned peaches
Lunch: luna bar & a banana
Snacks: homemade bread, chocolate-applesauce bread, UFO
Dinner: chicken stew over mashed potatoes

Food & drinks total: 1630
Fruits & veggies: peaches, banana, potatoes x2, mixed veggies in the stew

Activity:
shoveled 18"+ of heavy wet snow for AN HOUR = -400

Yay Jen.... new
      #149155 - 02/11/05 09:22 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Well, thanks to my horrible IBS week I'm sorry. , I am down 3lbs to 135lbs again! but at least this news is great!! My pants already fit a whole lot better so I'm pleased, even if I would have prefered to go a different route in order to lose those 3lbs. I know, I hate it when you have to get sick to loose weight.

And I am now an official Yoga junkie. me too!! I love my class! That's fantastic... It's funny because I had to miss a couple classes at school this week and yesterday, I was so determined to feel better so I could go to my yoga class becuase I didn't want to miss it! I love how it makes me feel so much better afterwards. It REALLY does!! And my teacher is great too - she even went and researched specific yoga poses that will help my stomach. A good one is like that. Mine even told me last week she read where yoga was good for Celiac as she knows I'm GF AND have IBS. In class, she'll specifically say which ones will help our digestive systems for me. I'm now an addict and don't think I could go back to being a couch potato. Stick with it...it can ONLY DO us GOOD. Funny thing is, I got to talking to another gal in my class who always sets up next to the door. She said it was because she had "tummy trouble" and I was just about to say "IBS?" when we both came out with the words at the same time!! Since then we've become great buds even though I hate her cause she's so flexible (j/k)..anyway, I've just about got her convinced to eat Heather's way and told her to join us here on the message boards. I've since gotten her off coffee and on peppermint tea and caps, and fennel. Just haven't gotten her off dairy yet..(that's coming). She actually takes SFS but didn't know about all the different kinds. She's so cute, and now feels like she can talk to me about anything. It's almost comforting to her to know she's not the only one in the class with a bad gut. (How'd I get off on this tangent?)

Anyhoo - I'll start reporting again when my IBS calms down. Oh Jen, take all the time you need..I think your IBS is stress induced..when you find a place to live things will be better I'm sure. Get your rest...Kandee

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 02/11 Casey new
      #149158 - 02/11/05 09:33 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Now that I'm mostly over my binge of depression where all I did was eat and mope , I feel like I can report again. So...

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, Did you add the PP spice to your oatmeal? and chopped canned peaches
Lunch: luna bar & a banana
Snacks: homemade bread, chocolate-applesauce bread, Chocolate? Did you say Chocolate? Wanna share the link? UFO
Dinner: chicken stew over mashed potatoes Yumm, one of my fav meals is creamed tuna w/peas over mashed potatoes. I grew up on that stuff. Who'd ever thought that now I HAVE to eat that way?

Food & drinks total: 1630
Fruits & veggies: peaches, banana, potatoes x2, mixed veggies in the stew

Activity:
shoveled 18"+ of heavy wet snow for AN HOUR = -400 Oh yuck...but I'd say that was exercise ENOUGH!!

Good going Casey...you really do get your fruits and veggies in there.

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 303 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14726

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review