All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)
Calling All IBS-C People
      #96158 - 08/06/04 05:46 PM

Unregistered

Hi Guys I have an idea that I am hoping will help us. Do you think that all of you who are currently experiencing IBS-C could please come forward and identify yourselves? This way, we could then see a listing in front of our faces so that we will be better able to discuss relevant information that pertains to our particular sensitive guts. I myself have had IBS-C ever since I can remember and finding this board is just FANTASTIC to me.

Thank you to anyone who decides to participate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am a C, and what I have in common with the Statue of Liberty ! new
      #96226 - 08/07/04 08:18 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

This is a good idea, I forget sometimes who is A,B, or C. I have been all three, in the matter of a moment, I can get so C I feel like someone shoved the Statue of Liberty where the sun doesn't shine. Hate when that happens !!

#96233 - 08/07/04 08:36 AM
idendonurse

Reged: 08/03/04

Hi! I've been a "C" since I was 5 or 6, really don't know what an A or D is like! Been doing better lately just taken 40 something years!

Donna

#96281 - 08/07/04 02:17 PM

Unregistered

The Statue of Liberty???!!! ooooh the PAIN that this image conjures up, gigi! Boy do I know it and have felt it, my dear. As a matter of fact, last November, I developed hemorrhoids which then turned into not 1 but 2 anal fissures. Needless to say, I haven't been a happy camper since. Although I DID see doctors for treatment, and I am much better than before, I still feel the discomfort when the ahem going gets rough.

Do you mind telling me how you deal with your C when you have it? Do you have a particular method that works well for you? As for ME, I know what I SHOULD be doing, but I am not what you would call a disciplined personality. I know...I am my worst enemy, and if I ever want to get a grip on this thing, I have to BECOME more disciplined, don't I?

Believe me...I feel for you.

#96282 - 08/07/04 02:24 PM

Unregistered

Donna Dear, PLEEEEASE tell me how you've gotten to this better place in your life. I'm very that you had to suffer to get there but very that you are finally there.

Re: This seems to work for me TODAY new
      #96285 - 08/07/04 02:43 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I seem to be so sensitive right now, I have had many stress issues lately, which also contribute to the C. I can be having maybe 2-3 normal days, and believe me, it has taken years to get those few days, I can turn on a dime and be so C. These are the things I eat to get a little movement going.

Fruit smoothies made from bananas I keep mashed and frozen in ziplocs. I add frozen strawberries, pineapple and a little soy milk and maybe, if it needs a little sweetening some brown sugar. Fruit breads are also good, zucchine bread and banana bread, there are some great recipes here on the boards. Lots and lots of water, and warm liquids like peppermint tea, or what ever type you may like. I am not saying the peppermint helps with the C, its just the warm liquid. FF wheat crackers are good for a carry along snack. When I am not feeling good I always go back to the rice, it keeps me from eating things like cheese nachos . I add a can of chicken broth to the cooked rice, and usually so me sweet peas, seasoned of course. I also love asparagus, thats when I am really CCC.

I hope these ideas may help you, they work for me right now, but tomorrow, who knows?

When I tell my dil about the Statue of Liberty thing, she falls over cracking up. Don't guess she's been as C as us, huh?

C's un-anonymous new
      #96287 - 08/07/04 03:02 PM
ptillen

Reged: 06/27/04
Loc: Milwaukee WI

I'm Paula, and I'm C.
("Hi Paula")
Always been C, probably always will be a C.
I'll be 46 this Tuesday and I remember just this past year going, hey, wait a minute... I don't really think this is how everybody else lives. (the DUH moment)
For me, insoluble fiber, portion control, and exercise are the keys. I know there are many for whom there might be such a thing as too much ins fiber, but for me, well, suffice to say, I haven't found that ceiling yet.
Here's where Heather's diet instructions come in though: ins fiber only after sol fiber is what keeps the whole thing from turning into a bloated cement-like mess.
I've been learning ever slowly that small snack sized meals 5-6 times a day are sooo much better for my gastro-intestinal happiness. I've gotten so I really don't eat real meals any more; rather, a smoothy here, a handful of raisins here, a cup of applesauce here, a bowl of rice & a little sashimi here, you get the idea. I actually had about 2 tablespoons-worth of fried onion strings the other day at a restaurant with no major repercussions. As Bill Clinton might have said, it's the portion size, stupid.
And I walk about 3 miles a day. Can't say enough about the benefit of exercise. Sleep better, less PMS symptoms, more regular bowel habits, weight loss, gee, what's not to like?
Find a cool book on tape at the library and it turns into 50 minutes of entertainment. (Right now for me it's Harry Potter)
So, no big revelations here, right?
C's...
come forward!

Re: C's un-anonymous new
      #96292 - 08/07/04 04:15 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

My name is Rachel and I am also a C!

I've been reading everyone's posts trying to think of what to say, and well, I thought I had this thing licked until I got sick with something completely unrelated. To make a long story short, I'm C again, and not getting anywhere...just frustrated (and it's been a couple of weeks). So, I don't have any good words of wisdom for anyone else trying to acheive stability, just that I'm in the same boat.

PS. I have to apologize if I'm sounding a little negative. I've had a terrible day and I'm feeling like this is never gonna get any better. (I'm also due to get my period, so that may be a contributing factor! )

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I am a "C"
      #96301 - 08/07/04 05:06 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

I have been a "C" for over 20 years. I eat very carefully...no fried food, dairy, red meat or pork. The essence of Heathers diet is really good although I can't take in that much bread and rice without putting on a ton of weight and I don't want to do that. No carbonated drinks either...sigh.

I do drink one or two Cappucino Slim-Fasts a day as I am not a big eater and the little dairy (non-fat milk) it has in it doesn't bother me. Slim-Fast helps me "GO"...it helps keep me regular.

Giving up cheese was awful as was going off of coffee...I give credit for those who kick the pharmaceutical habit. Breaking myself of coffee was something awful but I haven't had cofee since mid-March.

Prayer helps more than anything!

Re: Calling All IBS-C People
      #96559 - 08/08/04 02:46 PM
Ibsed

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Switzerland

I'm in.Wish there were separate boards here for C. and D. and bloating,like on my other IBS help website.It would make looking for help much quicker and easier.
I've been diagnosed as IBS C. but not sure this isn't just lazy doc. syndrome - ie. when they're fed up of trying to work out what's wrong with you and you don't respond to treatment,IBS is a handy label.
I've been shown to have low motility and a very long colon.
IS this what you wanted?

--------------------
C. with bloating,getting steadily worse over about 14 years.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2574 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 200049

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review