All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pill problems again!
      #95799 - 08/05/04 10:58 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Okay, okay I know I've been complaining lots about the birth control pills recently, but they're just problematic I guess - and even more so when I forget to take them. So I forgot last night and so last night I took my pill that I'd forgotten and took the one I was supposed to take that night this morning. Tonight I will be back on track. Meanwhile - there is too much of something in my system and it is making my tummy turn! To make things worse I had this big long boring meeting this morning at work and I was worried about staying awake through it, so I had a small cup of hot chocolate - I know some people can handle that, but it's usually a trigger for me and my tummy is wining. I'm having waves of cramping about every 20 minutes or so and I have a feeling that as soon as I have something substantial to eat I will end up with D. All I've eaten so foar is a slice of bannana bread and I've drank about 20 oz of water on top of the hot chocolate. Any suggestions on how to avoid the oncoming D that I'm dreading here? I could just not eat for the rest of the day - but I don't think that would be good for the blood sugar thing. We're supposed to have dinner at a freind's house tonight too and I have no idea what he's cooking! Why am I getting the feeling that this was NOT a well-planned day?! So let me know what you think of getting myself out of this self-induced mess!
Thanks all!
Min

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pill problems again! new
      #95805 - 08/05/04 11:09 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Oh Yeah Min,
Have had those days before. Take some time out and breath, I mean relax your body clear your mind. I know you dranks some water, but gets some chamomile and peppermint tea into your system and rewind. At least it will help calm the nerves. Keep sticking to safe foods like sourdough bread or angel food cake, Try to make some white rice to snack on.
Keep your diet lite no heavy meals right now. Let it clam down, maybe by dinner time you'll feel better and have some of the Ibs safe protions of the meal again lite eating.
The other thing is get it out if it wants to come and deal with it afterwards. Remember relaxing for the situation can sometimes get you through it a lot easier and recover faster.Hope it works for you!!
Sherri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 991 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 473

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review