All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Heather...Gonna keep adding to the list.... new
      #112454 - 10/12/04 03:47 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Heather, I reignited this post as its a great resource for whenever you/another moderator gets a chance to index it...I am so keen on it I might even volunteer to do it myself if you give me enough instruction!

Sinead

UK brands to add to this list

=Tesco Value Soy milk is fine for baking etc
-I like the Tofutti Creamy Smooth with herbs cream cheese sub
-Quakers Snack a Jacks Caramel flavour
-Tesco Applesauce is bigger jars than Colman's and cheaper
-Sojasun probiotic yogurt is YUMMY but quite expensive, so much better than any of the others I have tried
-Tesco do an own brand dairy free spread that is alright
="Pure" spread available from Tesco is also edible
-Cereal: Rice Krispies, Crispix
- Sweets: Dolly Mixture (Bassets look safe) I also eat Princess Marshmallows with no problems and all HARIBO jellies especially STARMIX

Will add more when I go through the kitchen for further info...

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

BUMP.... HEATHER VAN V! n/t new
      #112740 - 10/13/04 01:16 PM
cailin

--------------------
S.

Okay, I'd love to have you do this!!! new
      #112744 - 10/13/04 01:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

All I need is a plain text or Word document that has all of the info in it, however you'd like it organized. Just a long list with major categories is fine. Don't do it in html. If you compile it I'd be eternally grateful, and I'll post it as a sticky post. It can be added to as necessary.

Sound okay?

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Great, no problem I will get going on it.n/t new
      #112763 - 10/13/04 02:21 PM
cailin

--------------------
S.

BRANDS LIST- PLEASE REPLY EVERYONE!!! new
      #112764 - 10/13/04 02:24 PM
cailin

As you can see I have volunteered to compile this very useful info into a list.

Have you anything you would like to add?

How would you like to see it organised..I was thinking of breaking it down into different countries and then different types of foods eg US; Canada; UK; Australia then
breads, candy, treats, drinks etc under each one....

NEED YOUR FEEDBACK AS IT WILL BE A RESOURCE FOR ALL OF US TO USE!

Thanks!

--------------------
S.

Re: Safe Brand Foods List and Names new
      #112800 - 10/13/04 04:05 PM
shelley29

Reged: 08/25/04
Loc: Northeast, USA

Forgive me if I duplicate... Genisoy Soy Crisps (the garlic and onion flavored are to die for!!!) Smart Beat mayo & margarine substitutes. Mrs.Pauls Sweet Potatoes (frozen) and don't even need to use the whole packet of brown sugar. Carolina Jasmine Rice, Oscar Mayer Turkey hot dogs. Now I'm drawing a blank... but all of these have been good to me!!

--------------------
-shelley
take it one day at a time.

BUMP!!!: BRANDS LIST- PLEASE REPLY EVERYONE!!! new
      #113283 - 10/15/04 03:25 PM
cailin

your input is needed as to foods/drinks etc that you buy and what you eat in restaurants. Please post here or email me (email in profile)

Thanks

--------------------
S.

To Lisa from LA new
      #113352 - 10/16/04 06:57 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I think I remember "talking" to you awhile back. Just wanted to say hello. I live in Charlotte now, but I lived in Louisiana for years (Baton Rouge, Ruston, Pineville, Mandeville, and Lafayette).

This is as far north as I have lived---and I although I really like this area, I don't like the cold weather. I love the color on the trees in the fall and the low humidity in the summer, but I can't stand not having leaves on the trees for 6 months out of the year. I'm used to things greening up the first part of February. It takes forever for spring to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if I hear another Charlotte person call the summers here BRUTUAL, I'm gonna slap them! They don't know what humidity is. When you can work out in the yard at noon in the summertime, come inside and your hair and clothes not be drenched, that's not high humidity!

I could never live "up north." I would die. This morning I put my robe and socks on when I got up and turned the heater on. I'm already dreading the winter. (I know, I'm a wimp!)

They call the winters here MILD, but in the 3 years we've been here, we've had a big ice storm (loss of power ---and HEAT---for almost a week), and several big snowstorms, including 13 inches of snow in less than 24 hours last year. That's not mild, that's a blizzard!

I also miss the good food. I would die for some fresh shrimp, a juicy po-boy, and some crawfish ettouffee. I only started having IBS-C problems when I started eating the blah food here. Maybe I need some Cajun food to jump-start my system!

Hope you find some relief from your IBS-C. Mine has been better lately, but it comes and goes in spells.

LAST CHANCE!!! new
      #114699 - 10/21/04 03:09 PM
cailin

Last chance to submit to the brands thread and give your imput before I finalise putting it all together...have your say..

--------------------
S.

a few more foods that work for me new
      #114760 - 10/21/04 05:28 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I think it is Kraft, makes microwaveable pasta. "It's Pasta Anytime" is what it is called. The only 2 that are IBS safe are the spaghetti noodles with traditional marinara sauce and the penne pasta with mushroom sauce, most of the others have dairy. Just don't use the whole bag of sauce, because it would be too much acid.

At Johnny Carino's (an Italian chain restaurant found mostly in Texas) the Lemon Rosemary Chicken works for me it comes with a side of angel hair pasta and veggies (just don't eat the brocolli)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 921 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 58467

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review