All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Safe Brand Foods List and Names new
      #11840 - 06/16/03 09:16 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

This idea is terrific but a huge undertaking if done right.
Seperation into country, categories and such is a must.
When someone is ready for the info just let us know ok? I have a list already started and it continues to grow.
Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#11883 - 06/17/03 11:08 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'll keep you posted. I am definitely going to break all this info out into separate lists and post on pages (a la the Recipe Index) but I've got some other web work to do first. People can certainly keep adding on to this thread, and you can also just keep compiling your list off the web until we're ready to make the pages.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Keep the list going... new
      #12213 - 06/20/03 05:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I will compile this on a separate page of the bulletin boards when I have the chance. Until then feel free to keep adding your recommendations to the thread!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#12585 - 06/26/03 12:50 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I know this is my fourth post to this thread but I keep remembering or trying good foods. My latest find is Team Cheerios--it's the only whole-grain cereal I can tolerate--my old favorites all list whole wheat as the first or second ingredient and make me very ill now . But Team Cheerios has whole oats, whole corn, whole barley, whole rice, and whole wheat (in approximately that order), and though it's not broken down, it seems to be enough soluble fiber to protect my tummy from the insoluble that I know is there, too. Plus it's a good cereal that doesn't go all soggy in milk like many of the rice- and corn-based ones do.

the bread of my dreams! new
      #12790 - 06/29/03 07:28 PM
TessLouise

Okay, you think I'm kidding? I'm not. I've searched and searched for a white sandwich bread with NO high-fructose corn syrup, NO partially hydrogenated oil, and NO dairy products. I even asked on here if anyone had any suggestions. Well, I finally, finally found one! It's Rudi's Organic Bakery Country Morning White Bread, and I found it at Kroger. (And Ruchie, when/if you add gluten back--the bread is kosher.) Anyway, it's really good, with a nice chewy texture and completely safe ingredients.

Re: the bread of my dreams! new
      #12791 - 06/29/03 07:35 PM
Lisa from LA

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Currently: Raleigh, NC Formerly: Lafayette, LA

Did you find the bread in the frozen section or is it on the shelves with the regular sandwich bread? Thanks for sharing this with us!

#12792 - 06/29/03 07:39 PM
TessLouise

It was in the regular bread section. (I've had such good breads from the frozen section at Wild Oats, but alas, they were all whole-grain, and I can't eat them anymore .)

#12964 - 07/02/03 06:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Amelia,

You are SO thoughtful! Thanks for thinking of me! I hope I'll get to add gluten back in one day...I'll let you know if I do!

How is your summer going? When do you start your job? I wish you all the luck in the world!

*big hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Dryer's sorbet new
      #12983 - 07/02/03 08:04 AM
2sweeties

Reged: 06/04/03

Peach sorbet is really yummy- works for me. No milk.

#30657 - 12/08/03 07:16 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

This is wonderful,just wonderful I could sat here all night an read.an it has help me out a lot.I,m also new.so any help I can get .but please don,t forget us Diabetic.I have IBS an I,m also a diabetic.Gerry 10

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 58289

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review