All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
uggggggggghhhh
      #683 - 02/11/03 06:19 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

okay this is just a post/rant about frustration about today. today was an "i can't eat anything" day. seriously i didn't leave my house. everything i've eaten has given me cramps, nausea, and either constipation or diarrhea (yes i had BOTH today). i'm achy all over and my intestines have been going nuts since i woke up this morning, except for about 1/2 an hour this afternoon when i chewed on a few saltines. then i got sick again. even all my "safe" foods made me sick.

so now i'm hungry but nauseated and my toilet is plugged... i'm working on that a little at a time.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

okay i'm done now

Beth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: uggggggggghhhh new
      #703 - 02/12/03 01:52 AM
UKKath

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Britain

Hey (i'm guessing Rachel?!)
Just thought i'd drop you a reply to say i had a bad day, off work yesterday D and cramps (types craps first, about right if you ask me?!) and was a struggle to come into work today. luckily i struggled to my GP yesterday and she could finally see just how bad and sad i can get so seeing her next week too.
Hope you are feeling better today?
Kathryn

#796 - 02/12/03 09:08 PM
juniorrachel

hey,

sorry you had a bad day, too. today was a little better but i was exhausted. i get like that after a really bad day. so i decided to stay home and recuperate. my mom thought maybe i had a touch of the flu, but i'm not sure. i had nausea more than usual but no fever. who knows. anyway i'm a lot better today but still really touchy. i basically lived on rice today :-)

hope you're feeling better too. thanks for the reply

beth

#803 - 02/13/03 01:05 AM
UKKath

hi Beth,
Yesterday was not too bad thanx, i work in the worst workplace for IBS ever as inconsiderate workmates have the aircon hot and the windows shut, was a particularly bad day for that yesterday, went to yoga for the first time last night and although i didnt enjoy doing it i had more energy afterwards than i've had in months and my BM was great this morning, so i can recommend it to all!
i thought along the same lines as your mum, i know even a bad cold can mess up my IBS big time, hope you are feeling better again today?
Kathryn

#854 - 02/13/03 07:23 PM
juniorrachel

Hey!

I'm making a slow recovery. I went to work for a few hours today and my boss sent me home. I guess I looked pretty bad. I think I should be doing pretty good tomorrow (thank god) for Valentine's Day. My boyfriend was going to take me to a restaurant and I kindly asked if we could go asian instead so I can fill up on rice. Being the wonderful man he is, he said "sure". Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Beth

#862 - 02/14/03 01:15 AM
UKKath

hi Beth,
Happy Valentines Day! My boyfriend is making rice and sweet and sour chinese style for me, for exactly the same reason!
Am quite poorly today, had a pasta sauce that didnt agree with me last night i think, what a nightmare! hope the anti-D drugs kick in before Valentines night!
Hope you have a good one?
Kathryn

#939 - 02/16/03 12:13 AM
juniorrachel

Thanks, Kathryn!

I was feeling pretty good on Valentine's, so we went to the Ale House for dinner and I had a pasta dish with shrimp and brought my own peppermint tea bag (got that idea from Heather's book... word great!) Had some cramping during the movie afterwards but nothing serious... it was well worth it. And I had plenty of leftovers, too :-) He even bought me a rose... it was a really sweet romantic night. And I was so happy to be able to go out and not worry. *grin*

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

Beth

#1021 - 02/18/03 02:29 AM
UKKath

Hi Beth
Yeah, had a great Valentines thanx, but i did have stomach ache all weekend and Monday off with cramps so kind of put a downer on it.
Glad you had a good one, and hope you are having a good week too. i saw my psychologist last night which was some help and today i saw my GP, she is not too keen on the fibre supplements which is a bit confusing, but she did prescribe me some stuff for the cramps i had yesterday.
Take care
Kathryn

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2661 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review