All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
*Question about celiac testing* Please help
      #52827 - 03/21/04 06:47 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I noticed tons of you talking back and forth about the blood test for celiac. Some of you said that two came back normal and one was very high - I recently got my results and they were the same. What does this mean when the IGG comes back high? (and I mean really high) I wont get to find out until my next doctors appointment so Im going crazy! If anyone has any answers I would love to hear them!! Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *Question about celiac testing* Please help new
      #52873 - 03/22/04 05:02 AM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

IgG was the one that was high for me too. I am still trying to find out what that means, so if you do PLEASE let me know! In the meantime check out www.celiac.com. Good luck with your doctor's appointment.

#52881 - 03/22/04 05:53 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I don't remember which one of my three antibody tests was extremely high, but my doc told me that it was a false positive since it was so high and the other two were in normal range. After looking at the symptoms for celiac, I'm not so sure that my doc was right. Go to celiac.com, there's a wealth of info there about celiac testing, symptoms, and such.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#52900 - 03/22/04 06:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Do you have the symptoms that match up with celiac on celiac.com? If you do, I say go GF! If you feel better, then you know for sure....

It's not an easy diet and it takes months to feel better, so be patient. We're all here for you (even though this isn't specifically a celiac board...many of us may have it and are trying to figure it out...I've gone GF myself and I'm still not sure what my diagnosis is). Good luck and keep us posted!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Question for melitami new
      #53155 - 03/22/04 08:41 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

If you dont mind me asking - You said that two were normal and one was high so your doctor told you it was a false positive - How High was it? Mine was really high too so I am just curious....I dont get to find out anything until next tuesday so I can barely stand it!

Re: Question for melitami new
      #53229 - 03/23/04 07:33 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I'm honestly not sure, I had all of these tests run back in November, and I only got to look at the actual results because I had to take them with me to my GI appointment (the blood tests were ordered by a doc at student health for me)....I think the really high one was around 45 and normal is around 10-20 maybe. I've been debating getting tested again, but my doc's an idiot, and I can barely afford the medical bills I have, so I think I'm just going to try a GF diet on my own and see if that helps things.

Best of luck!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1570

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review