All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Question about carb cutter phase 2 for Heather
      #36558 - 01/10/04 05:29 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi
I'm not sure if you heard of pills that blocks alot of calories from starchy foods but I read about them and they are amazing! There are chewy squares too. Are they IBS safe? I know the shewy squares aren't but how about the pills that are called Carb Cutter Phase 2? These are the ingredients: Phase 2 starch neutralizer(phaseolus vulgaris) ( from white kidney bean extract)500mg Proprietary blend (gymnema syvestre leaf, fenugreek seed, gareinia cambogia fruit extract 50% hydroxycitric acid, vanadium ( as vanadyl sulfate) 50mg
dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silica and pharmaceutical glaze.

I sure hope I can take them since the carbs are ruining my body.
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about carb cutter phase 2 for Heather new
      #36601 - 01/11/04 02:23 AM
Shellsbells

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: NW England, UK

I don't know about all those ingredients, but they don't sound at all safe to me - IBS or not!

'You are what you eat' - think about food this way rather than 'I can eat any old junk as long as I take this little pill to block it's action'. All I can say is YUK YUK YUK. I assume you don't know what any of those ingredients are/do either?

Basically, you're talking about a starch-blocker diet. Scientific analysis on these diets has found NO evidence of any effect on carbo metabolism. They also contain lectins which are not good for you. This type of diet does NOTHING to retrain you into finding a good, healthy diet which suits your body and works for you. In fact, the only thing you will notice is GAS, GAS, GAS (even if you don't have IBS)!!

Why do you think that these CARBS are ruining your body. This is a total myth. But it's hard to say more on this without knowing (HONESTLY!!) what you are eating. I used to think that carbs were my problem because I was a little overweight (NO exercise, though!!) and I ate a lot of them. Turns out it was all the fat (not to mention sugar) you eat with those carbs that you don't even think about. Milk with cereal, butter/spreads on bread, mayo on sandwiches, etc etc.

Think about this - you need to adopt a much healthier attitude toward food.

#36608 - 01/11/04 06:04 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I feel like saying Amen. Great job explaining it! I also tried cutting carbs --- carbs are not the evil guys. I wasn't just a few pounds overweight -- I was a lot overweight. When I heard about the iBS diet -- it went against what so many were saying... but when I tried it the weight just started falling off -- effortlessly. I didn't even start working out until a month ago. Even that was easier because I had more energy. I was losing 2-3 pounds a week in the beginning -- now I am a little closer to goal - plus I am working out and gaining more muscle - which weighs more than fat -- so I only lose about 1 pound a week... but I have gone from a size 18/20 - to a size 12/14. Carbs aren't evil and they don't make you fat. It's what you put on them -- or if you eat enough portions for your whole family.

#36610 - 01/11/04 06:08 AM
Shellsbells

Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: NW England, UK

Wow, that's fantastic - good for you!!
Shellsbells

They sound both scary and ineffective. I wouldn't take them. -nt- new
      #36663 - 01/11/04 01:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#36702 - 01/11/04 06:36 PM
till

I didn't know they could cause gas! I already have extremely severe gas! Carbs are ruining my bod since I have to eat carbs. Having a diet high in carbs make people fat. I work out a lot and eat small portions and I am very careful about the carbs I eat. There is not a big selection of food sold here that is IBS safe. It would be different is vegan meats were sold here that has no salt since the only kind here has tons of salt. It would be way easier to lose weight with vegan meats high in soy protein. I use to be able to eat them. Now there's hardly anything I can eat so I don't have much choice.

Re: They sound both scary and ineffective. I wouldn't take them. -nt- new
      #36704 - 01/11/04 06:40 PM
till

I actually read how people lost a lot of weight by taking them. And of course I'm jealous. I'm not going to take them though since they could cause severe gas and who knows what else . I really don't want anymore illnesses since I already have so many severe ones.
Thanks.

#36706 - 01/11/04 06:45 PM
till

Congrads! Actually carbs are evil for me. I eat small portions work out over and over too. I'm very careful about what I eat. When I wasn't on the IBS diet I ate lots of fruits, veggies, soy protien vegan meats and it helped so much to maintain a healthy weight. So many people are on low carb diets because carbs put on weight. Of course those people do not have severe IBS. Lucky!

Carbs ARE NOT EVIL TO ANYONE new
      #36716 - 01/11/04 07:55 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

There was a recent medical study that compared three major diets against each other, including Atkins (low carbs). The other two were, if I recall correctly, Weight Watchers, and the Zone. All three of the diets were EQUALLY SUCCESSFUL even though Weight Watchers says nothing about limiting carbs. The only important thing in weight loss is cutting calories and upping exercise. The rest of it is all popular fad.

Here is a link to an article on the study: http://www.doctorinfoline.com/News/ArchiveNewsDetail.asp?Id=5801&LMonth=12&LYear=2003

Thanks for this. new
      #36802 - 01/12/04 10:37 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I believe the WW diet has a much better track record in terms of long-term weight loss results (i.e. "keeping it off"). And of course it's much, much healthier in terms of preventing (as opposed to encouraging) heart disease, colon cancer, osteoporosis, etc.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2017 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17998

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review